ABW Ambassador
    ctrl+click = new tab weirdness
    I've noticed in firefox (haven't checked IE) that when I hold ctrl & click a link to open a forum, from the index, in a new tab, it does so, but also changes the page in the original tab. I've only seen this happen on ABW and it can be very annoying. It looks like it's the code to change the table cell background color ,on mouseover, because of the duplicate forum URL in the onlick and href tags... in bold below:

Code:
    <td class="alt1Active" align="left" id="f4" style="cursor:hand;" onmouseover="this.className='alt2Active';" onmouseout="this.className='alt1Active';" onclick="window.location.href='forumdisplay.php?f=4';">

<div>
    			<a href="forumdisplay.php?f=4"><strong>New Affiliate Programs and Announcements</strong></a>
    ...and I just noticed that if you're not on the text link, hold ctrl & click the table cell, it only changes the original tap & doesn't open a new one.

Also, I took a quick look at the source for the index & forum pages & saw that they both have two BODY tags and some code after the /HEAD tag and before following BODY tag, i.e. the frame break code.
    Last edited by Celicaphile; July 10th, 2008 at 07:48 PM.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

2. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread