What's with the new homepage?? And check out the bottom of all the pages - packed full of links to other gift basket sites, and lost it's professional looks by a mile!!

I am spending the next few hours switching all of my links - If you haven't had a look at that site for awhile you better take a trip over there! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Abigail

Ok I'll take a look see.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    We need to make the networks publish upfront for every merchant, before the signup process, the following sneaky tactics used by merchants which affect conversion ratios.

Merchant must divulge in their profile if they use any of the following:

a] Whether the merchant uses a 800# call center that is either an affiliate or works on a commission basis. These are all commission thieves if they don't record our referral ID#.

b] Third party gift certificate or gift registry services who themselves are earning affiliate commissions by swapping their ID# with ours. (this inhibits new forms of parasites who trick merchants with a free service but monetize each action with their affiliate ID #)

c] This merchant approves and works with "incent" and reward affiliates. ( simple statement that covers all Dupers and parasites)

d] Published return cookie days and whether they are disabled after the first sale.

e] This merchant has passed all network test purchase transactions done on a random basis at least once a month. (this puts the network compliance team in the liability loop if merchant remove sales reporting tags or delete transaction during batch file edits)

f] Some sections of this merchant's website contain non-commissionable products or links to partner sites that do not track commissionable sales. (discloses if this merchant is really just diverting their own affiliate traffic to outside sites where only they earn a commission if our original referred shopper buys off of these links.)

If the above gets put into the merchant profile before signup, the crap merchants who have parasite leakage and piss poor conversion ratios, due to diversion tactics, won't be able to dupe new affiliates into signing up. The networks have no legal grounds to deny us on publishing these points, since we're not asking them to divulge merchant conversion ratios. If the above merchant had to post this site full of outside links where only he makes a commission then you wouldn't have to pull putup/pulldown those links.

WebMaster Mike

I am so frustrated - I've gone and checked AAA Fruit and they are doing the same thing - on the right there is a bunch of links to different kinds of baskets and they are going to other merchants!! Shouldn't there be a law of something?Ugh [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Abigail

Hey..if you are looking for a new basket merchant..check out our program at AKA Gourmet. We do not include link outs to third party sites. And to respond to all of Mike's concerns:

a] Whether the merchant uses a 800# call center that is either an affiliate or works on a commission basis.

We do use an 800 call center for order taking but they are not commission based. we have been mail order for 15 years as well and will get conversion from catalog to web and web to phone. We do post our 800 number on the site in the ordering section but find that once customers are on the web, they want to stay there unless a technical issue arrives. We do not incent the customer to call...prefer to keep them on the web. At this time phone orders are not tracked back to the affiliates..we are working on getting a good sytem going that will not be disruptive to the order process as wellas marry easily into Linkshare's reporting of web commissions.

b] Third party gift certificate or gift registry services who themselves are earning affiliate commissions by swapping their ID# with ours.

We do not use these services at all.

c] This merchant approves and works with "incent" and reward affiliates. ( simple statement that covers all Dupers and parasites)

We currently still have a relationship with ebates and mypoints and are waiting until the November 7th meeting to decide what to do with them. We are aware of their download reminders but currently they do not work on our site for some reason..so our affiliates are safe. I, however, will drop them if they do not do as promised and eliminate commision diverting from other merchants. They are working on this and will be dropped if not fixed by November 10th at latest.

d] Published return cookie days and whether they are disabled after the first sale.

We have 30 return days. The cookie is not disabled after the 1st sale.

e] This merchant has passed all network test purchase transactions done on a random basis at least once a month.

This I am not sure about. I supposed LS runs test purchases at random..never been an issue. I also can invite my affiliates to run test purchases through without actually buying anything..they just need tocontact me for instructions.

f] Some sections of this merchant's website contain non-commissionable products or links to partner sites that do not track commissionable sales. (discloses if this merchant is really just diverting their own affiliate traffic to outside sites where only they earn a commission if our original referred shopper buys off of these links.)

We do not have noncommissionable items on the site. Every item is commissionable..we do not have 3rd party or any other links on our site that would prevent you from earning commission.

Okay..does that help?

We are starting a holiday commission program of 15-18% commissions for Nov/Dec..normally is 12-15%..but we have lowered the tiers quite a bit so it is easier to move up the tiers.

WE are also participating in Linkshare's $1 threshold for December program..so any commissions earned under our usual monthly $25 threshold will get paid out in full in January's check.

Hows that for a program!! Sign up at Linkshare..you should find us under AKA Gourmet. The high commission program starts November 1st!

Gift baskets are hot this time of year..70% of our sales occur the last 6 weeks before Christmas..so you have time to get us up and running..

Any questions..my email is posted below!

Patty Altaffer
    Affiliate Manager
    AKA Gourmet(www.akagourmet.com)
    patty@akagourmet.com

sorry guys..I just realized after posting my "plug" that this note was posted in a CJ forum..and I was trying to lure you into a LS program..I will watch for that next time I pull a topic from the active topics area..

Patty Altaffer
    Affiliate Manager
    AKA Gourmet(www.akagourmet.com)
    patty@akagourmet.com

It's OK - all helpful suggestions appreciated, I will trip over to Linkshare and have a look. If CJ can't police the merchants any better than what's going on then they will lose the business, thats all.

Abigail

ABW Ambassador
    Hi
    Tried to apply for aka gourmet, but i do not meet the criteria, is it just for USA citizens?
    My site is based mostly for usa but I live in the uk.

Thanks

Tamalyn

And so I decided to give AKA a shot - I've put them up on one and my websites and built around them, also using a few products from GiftTree - got a sale almost immediately from AKA and a little sniffing around from GiftTree - caught them in my stats logs a few minutes ago. Interesting, what?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Abigail

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread