Ok I think I am getting the hang of AF Marketing...mmm just a smidge. I'd like to know from those veterans and other who manage to make more than $200 a month how you run your sites? Do you have more than one site?? If so how many? Do you focus on one specific merchandise area per site? Do you focus on only a select few merchants or do you use alot?

I will probably have enough sale to get a check (first ever in AF Mareting) from CJ in October. So that tells you how much I have been making. I come to the boards and read about commision greater than $100 on a single sale. Others consistantly make a well into the thousands per month.

I just want to know that if I continue to learn about Affiliate Marketing and spend countless hours in front of my comuter it will pay off. I am no one to shy away for learning or a challange but $25 so far this year is frustrating.

Thanks,
    Simp

Why am I wasting my time doing this???

Hi Doug,

I've only been in it a year and my checks for the past two months have been well over what you're talking about. So yes, take it from a relative 'newbie' it will work if you stick to it and work hard!

I currently have only a handful of sites but am turning out more as I type

Speaking of 'newbie' this post did it! A member, I'm finally a member! Woo Hoo!

I know I'm sick

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

Hey Simp, welcome to abw, I started out like you making $25 a year when I first started, Spend time reading over the forum here. Then remember the key in order to be successful in this biz is to be creative on your affiliate marketing skills when you make pages. It takes months to make good $. I'm one of those people making over $200 a month right now. After really trying new stuff the last 5 months or so which have gotten me over that frustrating barrier of only $25 a year. treat your biz and sites as a multi millionare dollar company from the begining and you will be successful. try making one new attractive page every day for 30 days. (be creative) Take the advice of this board and it's members and see your financial income lift to new heights. Remember your main key is ABW this forum read over it when you have time. Also don't give up frustration leads to success. No one started as a happy affiliate when they first started, But it beats having a job and having a boss nag you. Also here's a poem that I really want you to think about:

Valleys of Freedom

We all have dreams
    we all want freedom,
    We are not the enemy
    valleys of freedom,
    open that heart
    and serve your beliefs,
    Embrace your purpose
    and place that hand,
    in someone elses palm
    we all have dreams,
    and we have valleys of freedom
    What is your belief?
    We all have dreams
    lets make it happen,
    We all want freedom!

Peace you probably will get more advice here in a sec, I better get off this board and make another creative piece

Jason

xtremeshopping.org

aim: ssn jason

"If someone says can't, that shows you what to do." -- John Cage

ABW Ambassador
    It can be very frustrating only earning a small amount of money. When I first started back in July 2002, I had no idea what I was doing. I had my first sale in September, and earned $17 for the entire month.
    I spent a lot of money (that I couldn't afford to spend, but I begged my wife to let me keep having the $25 for ppc traffic) VERY costly mistake! I do not use ppc anymore.

So I started in July, and got my first check in early December. That was not enough to convince my wife

However, I kept at it and learned a lot about affiliate marketing. I also started coming to the ABW forum. I registered in July, but didn't start posting until December. This forum is awesome. I learned a LOT.

You will probably make a ton of mistakes and get frustrated a lot. However, if you persevere, you can make a lot of money.

This time last year, I was begging my wife to let me have $25 for ppc. This month, I have just gone over $9,100 in commission for just this month.

DO NOT copy any site content from another affiliate.
    Do your own work.
    Learn all you can.
    Keep learning.
    Make mistakes; and learn from them.
    Build quality pages.
    Learn how to optimize your pages.
    Find the right merchants for you.
    Get rid of those that do not perform for you.
    Keep coming back to this forum.
    If you don't earn money after 3 or 4 months, keep trying.

There are tons more things that you need to do. Everyone has their own ideas. Just find something that works for you. This may take a lot of time and effort.

Good luck

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Very good advice cjshoppingnetwork for all to follow.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Observations from the merchant side:

We have some highly successful affiliates who use our datafeed and leverage the combination of the sheer quantity of products in our datafeed and their skills at getting top ranked pages. Some of their sites are not necessarily built for aesthetics, but they produce very good results.

The affiliates who do the above and *also* layer on top of that, a very well designed, themed and easy to navigate site, are the elite of the bunch in terms of sales conversions.

On the other hand, I have some affilates who focus on just a handful of products and specialize, specialize, specialize. They have also been tremendously successful. They drill into a small, select band of items, for instance 'Carpet Cleaners', and push the envelope with regard to content, help pages and instruction guides. Their earnings utilizing just a few pages can rival those with 30,000 pages if done right.

Regards,

Victor Hanna
    The BettyMills Company
    http://www.BettyMills.com
    http://affiliates.bettymills.com/
    The BettyMills ABW Forum

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>...and spend countless hours in front of my comuter it will pay off. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spend much of those hours learning at ABW. It definetly accelerates the learning curve!

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Well said Victor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> On the other hand, I have some affilates who focus on just a handful of products and specialize, specialize, specialize. They have also been tremendously successful. They drill into a small, select band of items, for instance 'Carpet Cleaners', and push the envelope with regard to content, help pages and instruction guides. Their earnings utilizing just a few pages can rival those with 30,000 pages if done right.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I fully agree!

Henry
    Affiliate Manager
    <font face=verdana size=1 >Migizzi Inc d/b/a</font> Pets-Warehouse.com

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>10%/90 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    </font>
    Henry@Pets-Warehouse.com<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>
    >< )))ยบ> 631.789.5400 / Pets-Warehouse.com
    </font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug:

I will probably have enough sale to get a check from CJ in October.

....but $25 so far this year is frustrating.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

cj - $25 annually....

hmmmm, coincidence??

i think not!

perhaps if you concentrated your efforts on a much more affiliate friendly network, youd do much better.

we wish you good luck!

two years and counting.... nothing much has changed... commissions stolen daily... billions of impressions served...

ABW Ambassador
    If not cj, which network is affiliate friendly?

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by womanht:
    If not cj, which network is affiliate friendly?

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats easy, especially if you are just starting out.

You simply refuse to deal with the crooks in any way whatsoever.

Just keep asking yourself... WHY would I want to work with companies who let their other affiliates rip me off?

There are lots of great networks who deserve your business and would HELP you grow your business!

two years and counting.... nothing much has changed... commissions stolen daily... billions of impressions served...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread