Smile replicated sites for affiliates
    can anyone tell me if companies charge for replicated sites for affiliates- generally, sometimes, never. and if they charge for hosting of these sites- generally, sometimes, never.....

that would be a great help!! thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    Merchants should be careful about that.
    They can get a dmoz listing that reads
    "Cognigen Communications - Telecommunications services. Mirror websites."

[and I'm a stockholder]

Quote Originally Posted by prosperity
    can anyone tell me if companies charge for replicated sites for affiliates- generally, sometimes, never. and if they charge for hosting of these sites- generally, sometimes, never.....

that would be a great help!! thanks!
    Your question is not very clear. What do you mean by replicated sites?

Replicate what sites? give an example.

Smile
    for instance, do companies charge affiliates for sites that they would create for the affiliate to promote their services or products? a site that is just like all the other affiliates' sites. a replicate of the same site for many affiliates but with seperate codes for login and tracking for each site.

A replicate site would have no value to the merchant, why would they want to build a site for you? Or, I should say why would they want affiliates to sign in if they are building a bunch of useless duplicate websites?

I must be missing something here.

These are more often called white label sites or rebranded sites. More common in the travel or financial area.

How successful they are might depend on the type of promotion you use, and whether you add anything of value to them.

I've joined two in the past, travel & web templates. Only low to moderate success.

The ones I have seen are usually free of charge, but I think you usually have to host them yourself.

Prosperity,

I've worked with several programs that offered websites to affiliates and affiliates were not charged for the sites. Some made their way to ebay, and some others were sold by "affiliate trainers", but the programs themselves did not charge.

Now I'm curious, are you asking as an affiliate or a program trying to make a decision?
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

I am looking for a White label, private label affiliate solution for a top-level roommate site domain.

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Its possible to get the merchant to create at least a landing page / splash page for you and have the links attached. If you are asking of you can buy one or have them set it up for you then it's possible that they will make you an exclusive one, depending on your traffic flow and past monthly sales. If you have proven to drive high sales for them they will likely do it for free.

I have made a pre-linked splash page for an affiliate in the past and it did well, because he knew how to get loads of traffic to his site. However, it was very time consuming for me and likely wouldn't do it again in the future unless the affiliate was a big player in my bottom line game.

You can always ask if they will make you one that's different from the rest and see what they say....

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread