Niche Research! How inportant is it.
    I was introduce to affiliate marketing in my village by a friend of my.
    What arouse my intrest was the mode of the business and I thought the whole process was so simple when he demostrated it to me.

But alas! for almost two weeks now am still at how to research a good niche, to make the matter worst he said I can not make a good affiliate without this tool. How correct is he.

I do not understand your reference to "tool" here. It appears that English is not your first language, and your lack of fluency is likely to prevent much success in creating an English-language web site. A niche site must communicate effectively -- often it does not require very much original writing, but it does require a genuine understanding and knowledge of the niche (not just through "research" but also via experience and genuine personal interest).

Good luck with your efforts.

He is correct that it is a very important step in affiliate marketing. Without proper research, you could be trying to step into a niche that millions of others have done (being over saturated) and fail.

The best way to research a niche is to go to Google and type in some keywords that you would be using on your site to draw traffic. For example, if I am in the niche of shoes, I would type in "shoes" in the search box (without the quotes) and look for the results up top to the right. As of today, it says about 392,000,000 results. Now lets get more specific and try a brand of shoe like New Balance. Typing in "New Balance Shoes" in the search box results in 1,160,000 results which is a lot better, but still pretty high.

The lower the results number, the better chance of actually getting free traffic to your site. I try to stay below the 250,000 range, but it's possible to do well above that if you have good SEO skills.

Another trick to use in Google is: allintitle:keyword

For example, you can use the keyword new balance shoes, and it would look like this: allintitle:new balance shoes

Now the results are much lower, around 581,000. These are sites that have the keywords "New Balance Shoes" in the title of their page. This is important because these are your main competitors. You can weed out alot of sites by using that little command.

Hope this has helped, and good luck finding a niche.

While the amount of pages is good thing to look at, also it is worth taking a look at Google Keyword Tool and how many times per month people been searching for these keywords:

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

In the recent update they started to show search count for these keywords.

Anyways, here you can see the amount of searches done per month + see if anyone is bidding on these keywords via PPC. If they do, it indicates there possibly is money to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by fadvee
    What arouse my intrest was the mode of the business and I thought the whole process was so simple when he demostrated it to me.

But alas! for almost two weeks now am still at how to research a good niche, to make the matter worst he said I can not make a good affiliate without this tool. How correct is he.
    Your English seems quite good to me, and there are many resources to help you improve your English, don't be discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by fadvee

Also if English is not your native language, you can use any other language you feel comfortable with, there are no restrictions.

Thanks for the advise I hope to make use of it, and as I have said in my introductry page I want to learn a lot from you guys out there.

Thanks

No Longer Banned!
    Hi

Research is probably the single most important thing anyone can do in biz. Every large company in the world spends billions on research of every type and size.

Did you know that the US gov. pays people 85 grand a year to taste ketchup ? Or to taste coffee ? Beer ? Wine ?

This of course is a single element & there are many more.

The thing I struggle with is understanding WHAT I am looking at. Asking me to look at some dudes site and seeing how he uses <H1> tags when his site looks NOTHING LIKE MINE is a lot like me asking an ABW member to diffuse a nuclear weapon. How long would it take for them to ask me "So whats a fish look like" ?

To that end I see what you are saying and it is very important indeed. Again, as I've said above, the toughy is often understanding it. Esp. when peoples lips are sealed.

Never quit researching.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread