ABW Ambassador
    Just curious if any affiliates are using either Post Nuke or Php Nuke. If so, what are your experiences using them? Do these programs make it easy to add in products with affiliate links?? Easy to setup and update???

And, which one do you prefer, and why?

I just stumbled across these programs tonight and recognize that they could make my life MUCH easier since I run content sites. However, the ability to add in product links is also important, so was wondering how well these type of sites work for affiliate marketing.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone at all???

And, what happened to the little "bump" avatar??

Jim

Just Lurking
    I wouldn't recommend either for Affiliate Links especailly if you ever envision dropping an Affiliate Program.

As for content management, they might be a good place to start. But, there are other CMS out there: Geeklog, ezPublish, MovableType . . .

Also consider what you exactly want to do? Do you want an easy method to publish your own content or do you want to allow several people to easily publish content. If the latter then a CMS maybe a good idea. If the former, it's going to be over kill to publish your own content.

I use just good old PHP to generate my site from templates and flat data files. All my Affiliate Links are in one file, making it really easy to drop someone.

Keep it simple, spend your time writing content or creating more sites.

I use postnuke at http://www.parentsworld.com

Works well - I added a mod that helped with SEO that I found on the postnuke site.

Banners work, affiliate links work, AdSence works, it's even got a nice book mod if you use Amazon (follow the "books" link on the left)

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Parentsworld,

Nice site you have. Do you find your site is easier to maintain using post-nuke in comparison to doing static HTML pages (if you did that before). And how do your visitors react to it - I love the personalization that is possible with these CMS programs as it allows users to interact with the website.

And any other suggestions??

Thanks.

Jim

Well thank you.

Once I exceeded 200 pages, I knew I had to find a CMS that would work for me. Even with templates and style sheets it was a lot of work to change something with plain ol' HTML.

The overall reception of the site this way has been great - it's only been PostNuke'd for about 6 months now.

There's so much more that I can do to customize it, I've barely scratched the surface!

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I'm going to give it a go on a new content site I'm about to launch. Not sure if I'm going to use Post Nuke or eZPublish, but both seem to offer what I need.

Will be interesting to see the results.

Thanks again for your feedback. Nice to know other affiliates are using these CMS programs and that it is working for them.

Jim

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread