No Longer Banned!
    Posting Links Affect your Rep ?.....
    Hi

I have read that posting links back can help your sites traffic. Do things like how many, targeted/ related to your topic or things such as "karma" have an effect on a sites "Street Cred" / Ranking etc. ?

Would the fact that I have 370 links back to my site from ABW be viewed differently than if those 370 were spread over say several places ? {It was 417 but I guess they were deleted}.

Or would the fact I have 1 post here be viewed differently than if I had say 600 posts here ??

Are there anything else that will affect a sites rep in this area w/ the SE's ?

Technical replies only ***PLEASE***

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; July 13th, 2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Texas Spelling Spree Again..... Somebody Recue Meeee... Take Me In Your Arms....
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

ABW Ambassador
    Based on what you said in the other thread also - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...147#post850147

"Would the fact that I have 370 links back to my site from ABW be viewed differently than if those 370 were spread over say several places?"

Yes, think like a search engine. 370 "links" from a forum sig compared to 370 links from various other places. Are you thinking everytime you post with a sig, that's a backlink? You're not going to get anywhere like that. But you know that already since you said you're getting 0 visitors a day and 1 sale in the last year. First build a good site and get some real links in.

Actually work on that site first. I just took a look at it, it's just not going to happen with what you have.

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Based on what you said in the other thread also - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...147#post850147

"Would the fact that I have 370 links back to my site from ABW be viewed differently than if those 370 were spread over say several places?"

Yes, think like a search engine. 370 "links" from a forum sig compared to 370 links from various other places. Are you thinking everytime you post with a sig, that's a backlink? You're not going to get anywhere like that. But you know that already since you said you're getting 0 visitors a day and 1 sale in the last year. First build a good site and get some real links in.

Actually work on that site first. I just took a look at it, it's just not going to happen with what you have.
    Trust

No. I actually have 370 links to my various webpages {Books tutorials etc.} not including the signatures. To me since all 600 sigs say the same thing, they are a single link and besides that, no one on ABW will ever buy anything from me anyway ~ At least I don't think anyhow. So the sig just exists. I have gotten roughly a few hundred clicks from ABW but that was not to shop I'm sure. No worries.

Anyway, I'm thinking in all directions. Including is there anything that will lower you rep in the SE's as far as this goes. { Lots of screenshots or anything else} and anything that can raise it etc etc.

You are welcome to suggest any changes you think I should make. Bear in mind that an over haul is in progress so there are some functionality issues that I'm working on.

The idea of this post is to expand my knowledge in this area.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

No Longer Banned!
    Hi

Anyone know the technical answer to this ?

Steve

Lot of times the links from blog and forums don't carry same weight (rel=nofollow) as links from authority sites. If you were a poster and actively posting in a forum about sports/racing/baseball etc. you may get people clicking on your links that are already interested in the sports, and they may buy (more likely than here). Peeps here click on your links to check out your site. If that forum also allows links to be spidered and you get links from that, I think it will probably help some for seo since the topic will be sports-related which is what your site is about.

However, I agree with Trust. You need content for people to want to bookmark your site, to come back to you. There are hundreds of other sites that are already selling what you have, so what sets you apart? Why did you set up a site about sports apparel? Do you like sports? Do you watch sports?

No Longer Banned!
    Ladidah

No not much. I'm far too busy to watch sports. I like sports apparel a lot though and It is some thing I understand. I can get it made for peanuts and really the sports apparel is a front for the manufacturing operations that are planned.

For now, what I have needs to bring in money so I can move on to other things.

So what ever is broken needs to be fixed before I can tell the wold I want to but Rockefeller Plaza. Of course that is all for another thread. Or you can PM me too.

The question is: will anything in the way of links make your serp rep go up ~ Or for that matter way down or hold you back etc. ?

The first half is yes. If it is related to your sites topic it will potentially give you a little juice.

K. Great. So I guess the next half is: Are there anythings that will drag a sites ranking into the shitter ? {Forget Black hat crap, I don't do that anyway}.

Thanks ya'all

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; July 17th, 2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Texas Spelling Spree....

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread