Problems Filing Transaction Disputes?
    Is anyone having trouble filing transaction inquiries through Linkshare? Every one of them that we have filed in the last week has gone through on our end but then when we go back into the log files, it is missing. We're starting to worry because we have about 15 outstanding trouble tickets in our system that need filed with Linkshare merchants soon.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    We have always had better luck contacting the AM. Getting responses from LS is iffy at best for us.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

We use the missing transaction inquriy all the time. did you see if maybe the inquiries ended up in the resolved or closed folder?

Also, are you using the report in the new interface? Because there is some new funtionality in the new interface that is great, like the ability to escalate the inquiry to the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skishore2006
    We use the missing transaction inquriy all the time. did you see if maybe the inquiries ended up in the resolved or closed folder?

Also, are you using the report in the new interface? Because there is some new funtionality in the new interface that is great, like the ability to escalate the inquiry to the AM.
    It's not just great, it's super awesome.

Unfortunately, we are all of a sudden having problems with both the old and the new interfaces. We were able to enter hundreds of disputes over the last couple of years but now they just aren't saving at all. We've emailed customer service but haven't gotten very far. We had the same thing happen about 6 months ago and it started working again within a week or two. I wonder if it is something in our account that is off?

Darnit. I've been having Linkshare issues for the last few days and am about to blow my top!!

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Immediately resolve result
    I submitted several inquiries to LS recently. Some of the inquiry were resolved immediately by the system once I submitted the ticket. But the result is always - Transaction Not Referred by Your Affiliate Account . Does LS has the system to automatically resolve the inquiry?

I am doubting the resolved result though - since it is always not referred by our account.

comment on the transaction not referred by your affiliate account. i see that a lot too with our inquiries. And I always ask for more information, for example, what type of affiliate got credit? And it is (almost) always a coupon or deal site. So here is what usually happens: the shopper came to my site, clicked on a link to a merchant and then used a coupon code during checkout, and that code came from another affiliate, and they then become the last referring affiliate and get the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by dzshopping
    I submitted several inquiries to LS recently. Some of the inquiry were resolved immediately by the system once I submitted the ticket. But the result is always - Transaction Not Referred by Your Affiliate Account . Does LS has the system to automatically resolve the inquiry?

I am doubting the resolved result though - since it is always not referred by our account.
    We sometimes get these as well and it is strange. We put in a dispute and within 10 seconds it is already denied...too fast for someone to even look at it. I do wonder if merchants can set something up in their account that allows them to just automatically decline all disputes?

Sometimes we legitimately get the "transaction not referred" response after a day or so--and it is almost always because they clicked on a coupon somewhere else or a direct email.

We're still not getting anywhere with LS on not being able to file disputes at all. We've even sent them screen shots of all of the problems.

Hey skishore2006,

Thanks for the comments. When your inquiries were denied, how do you get further information on these inquiries? By e-mail or some other ways? Also, can we legitimately ask for which website get the commission?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by skishore2006
    comment on the transaction not referred by your affiliate account. i see that a lot too with our inquiries. And I always ask for more information, for example, what type of affiliate got credit? And it is (almost) always a coupon or deal site. So here is what usually happens: the shopper came to my site, clicked on a link to a merchant and then used a coupon code during checkout, and that code came from another affiliate, and they then become the last referring affiliate and get the credit.

If you are using the inquiry system in the new interface, there is an 'escalate' option, you can ask a question and it is resubmitted to the merchants. i still send an email sometimes, with a reminder that they still need to look at.

usually the merchant will not be able to say which affiliate, so I usually ask what type, a deal site, a coupon site, or whatever they can tell me.

We're now two weeks in and still can't file disputes. Supposedly we were escalated within tech support last week after they logged into our account and saw the problem. But still no luck. It's so frustrating!!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread