Affiliate Manager
    Question datafeed questions, please help!
    Hey I am new to the game and need some assistance with the SAS program. I have e-mailed SAS and have had no response, which is quite frustrating. I am stuck at the datafeed uploading page.

When I create my CSV, does each specification required by SAS have to be in the CSV even if it doesn't relate to my products that are being uploaded? and how do you get the csv file to be a .zip or .gz file if i created my csv in excel?

Also, is there a way to seperate different types of products from each other?

If you have any other advice I could use please inform me. Anything will help

Quote Originally Posted by eevelle2
    and how do you get the csv file to be a .zip or .gz file if i created my csv in excel?
    http://www.winzip.com/index.htm or similar ZIP software.

Also, is there a way to seperate different types of products from each other?
    Main Category and Sub Category fields.

If you have any other advice I could use please inform me. Anything will help

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for the help. I am working on that right now so I guess we will see how it goes.

Zip Software:

WinZip, BOMArchiveHelper, KGB Archiver, PicoZip, Info-ZIP, WinRAR, IZArc, 7-Zip, ALZip, TUGZip, PeaZip

Some of them are free of charge, also some operating systems have a built in ZIP utility.

http and a telephoto
    Vista has a zip software built in.

The Shareasale datafeed template page clearly points out which fields are required to be filled and which are optional. It's probably easier to digest if you print out the chart of fields

If you use custom categories it is better for your affiliates than if you just use the mandatory Shareasale category designations which are extremely limited.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    I used the Shareasale datafeed template and it said upload a sucess. Now as I look in my product database management page the datafeed has failed and is now taking a day to process my failed datafeed? How long does it usually take for shareasale to respond to e-mail questions also?

Thank you for the zip file recommendations. They really helped.

Another question that just popped into mind is what is usually the cause of failed datafeeds that are sent to the shareasale database?

Thanks to all!

Outsourced Program Manager
    eevelle2,

Generally, my feed uploads within 5-10 minutes and has 5,000+ rows of data. Feel free to e-mail me at reneeo (at) celebrateexpress.com. I'd be happy to take a quick look at your feed to see if I can pinpoint any issues for you (from the merchant side anyways ).

-Renee

Affiliate Manager
    I still haven't heard anything from SAS about what was wrong with my datafeed. I examined my zip csv file and it is filled out completely according to the "null value allowed" column. Any suggestions?

I still haven't heard anything from SAS about what was wrong with my datafeed. I examined my zip csv file and it is filled out completely according to the "null value allowed" column. Any suggestions?
    You could upload a small sample file somewhere ( http://www.box.net/ or other file upload sites or your own website ) and post the link to it and some of us could take a look at it to see what could be wrong.

Affiliate Manager
    I finally heard from SAS and figured it all out! Thank You All Very Much! Now to my next task though.....How do you create RSS Feeds?? Is there a special program for this?? Any information would be greatly appriciated.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread