Exclamation J'accuse!!!!
    Industry Endorsed? First? HMMMM

This is just not right!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Rebecca's branching out??
    C'mon Haiko, it doesn't say WHAT industry...

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    It doesn't say WHAT industry...
    Perfect!!!!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

and making a pretty penny too...

Pricing

Individual certification through the Affiliate Manager Certification Course is $1,500. The price includes:

* One seat in the Affiliate Manager Certification Course (must be completed within one calendar year)
    * Affiliate Manager Certification for 1 year (Final exam grade of 80% or higher required)
    * Inclusion in our list of Certified Affiliate Managers (Final exam grade of 80% or higher required)
    * An AC Certified "stamp of approval" to place on your website (Final exam grade of 80% or higher required)
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Well I have the first and only acredited "how to be annoying" course.

only $999.

Mark my words - the PMA will endorse AC, and since the PMA purports to represent the industry, AC will be "industry endorsed". They never said that the PMA would not endorse things, to the best of my knowledge.

Of course, the phrase "industry endorsed" in any context is ludicrous. The industry isn't an entity that can endorse anything.

Things are becoming clearer and clearer as time goes by.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

This is precisely what was predicted would happen. Now, we can keep it squarely in the center of our attention where it draws more and more interest, or we can withdraw our interest and let the program find it's own publicity and page rank.

Shouldn't it now be beneath our interest?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Well, my question is..

With all the crap that is going on, why are network like Google / Performics, Linkshare, etc putting their head in the ground? Or are they not aware of things that are going on? I am sure that they will bring value to the table but their goals are definately skewed!

Sure looks like the puzzle pieces are falling in place. I'm sure AC knew they were not the first so it seems pretty blatant to claim that.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Brazen. But it does confirm what Haiko has been warning us about, the ulterior motives and true intentions of this organization are rooted in self-promotion. Doesn't exactly leave me with a case of the warm-fuzzies where PMA is concerned.

Maybe we need a thread where all the pieces of this convoluted puzzle are collected in one place.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Im currently in the Bahamas in Atlantis, so i will keep this short and sweet...

Total BullShit

I'm sure glad many ABW'ers attended our seminar back in 2005 and the web has records of all the postings, pictures and testimonilas ...

I can't believe though how stupid they can be to make such allegations knowing how easilly they can be proven wrong ....

Ok, more later, back to the beach ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    Mark my words - the PMA will endorse AC
    i'd suggest using a , Hectic. the thing was just born and if any member thinks they can leverage their standing today, into something meaningful, they'd be a fool -- you can't leverage vapour du' aftirberth.

hope you send those AC idiots an email and ask them who / what endorsed them - bet you'd be surprised by the answer (and i expect you won't get one, but then again, i haven't asked them either).

Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    Things are becoming clearer and clearer as time goes by.
    they'll get much more cloudy before the picture becomes clear, in my opinion.

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    You know what they say Andy, “imitation is the best form of flattery”.

However, it is also said:

“He who never walks except where he sees other men's tracks will make no discoveries”
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, I'm doubly glad we've got Haiko and ABWers to set the record straight for people. Thank you again Haiko for all your effort and thought in this.

It really didn't take those folks long to show their true stripes.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Andy, did you ever create that original amc certified banner gif?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Well I'll just repeat what I've posted on the AM and OPM forums.

AMWSO endorses the ARC training.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge - JRami
    Andy, did you ever create that original amc certified banner gif?
    Yes, he did, way back then. I have a copy of it. If you need it, drop me an email.

And...

apparently, using endorsements is a "secret" method...

here's all the juicy secrets...

"Endorsement Marketing Secrets"
    affiliateclassroom.com/resources/articles/article287.php

but they left off the anonymous, unspecified "industry" method...

I remember thinking this when they gave their sales pitch after the AC Certified Demo at the Aff Summit in Vegas.

(which did have some informative and interesting sessions, however I found the overall content to be inconsistent)

Cheers,
    Julia
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Share Results Network
    [email=julia@shareresults.com]julia@shareresults.com[/email]
    [URL=http://www.shareresults.com]http://www.shareresults.com[/URL]

http and a telephoto
    When you are selling your own product, or have a company website, is it professional looking to have adsense on the pages? Personally, I think it detracts from the focus of the company. But then again, maybe they are just looking to monetize the traffic, and use that as an example of how to use content to get targeted adsense ads.... part of the classroom training.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I was curious about the Adsense as well. Maybe it is just "do as I do".

On the certification, as a member of the affiliate marketing community since 2003, it's CERTAIN that the first affiliate manager certification I heard of was the ARC seminars.

Couldn't ell you if there was any before that, but I tend to take Andy and Emilio at their words.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Not defending this bozocity, but it doesn't look like they claim to be the first certification program, just the "First Industry Endorsed" certification. Of course since it isn't actually "Industry Endorsed" by either the Marketing Industry or the Affiliate Marketing Industry they really should be more specific as to what "Industry" ever endorsed their certification. Truth in advertising and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Not defending this bozocity, but it doesn't look like they claim to be the first certification program, just the "First Industry Endorsed" certification. Of course since it isn't actually "Industry Endorsed" by either the Marketing Industry or the Affiliate Marketing Industry they really should be more specific as to what "Industry" ever endorsed their certification. Truth in advertising and all that.
    Nah, doesn't read like that, to even try to stretch it that far would be equal to say it was translated from French to Chinese to Polish then to English ... Definately not!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Anik runs a great course, at least that is what several people have told me. I have seen his materials and thought they were first rate. Yes, calling himself the First Certification is an exageration but his seems to be the only company dedicated to training as a full time business. No offense Andy but you have admitted to getting away from this.

Industry Endorsed is a matter of opinion. The Advisory Board are well known names like: Peter Figueredo, Sam Harrelson, Jeremy Palmer, Heather Paulson, Lisa Riolo, Brook Schaaf. He has endorsements from Linda Woods, Shawn Collins.

What gets me is that with all these connections to all these people we have yet to see anything written by Anik about the PMA. Yet, we know that the PMA is bankrolled by him: http://www.performancemarketingallia...out/oversight/ He is paying staff to manage and solicit i.e. Rebecca Madigan who was at Commission Junction.

ABW Ambassador
    Actually he did write something about it, once:

http://blog.affiliateclassroom.com/2...le-in-the-pma/

Here's the thing with that, some quotes:

"Additionally, Affiliate Classroom cannot even nominate anyone outside of AC, this way we can’t influence the makeup of the organization in any way. Working groups have been created to help develop recommendations on forming the PMA. The FAB - not Affiliate Classroom - will collectively determine the structure and launch of the organization."

"We have no say in its governance."

So he's saying they can't influence the makeup the organization in any way. Well, Rebecca is an employee of Affiliate Classroom correct? And I believe she picked the leaders of the working groups, someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that. If you check the link you posted above, to the Affiliate Classroom Advisory board, 2 members on that board also happen to be leaders of working groups. So how is that not influencing the makeup of the organization when there are who knows how many thousands of people involved in this business and your employee is picking right from your advisory board to be leaders of some of the working groups, leaders that didn't have to be voted in but picked by someone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast