Haiko - -

The 1k minimum for OPM's will be done for all OPM's right? Some will not get to join without paying just because of who they know? I want to make sure of this, and I know this may sound bad, but I think if it is an organization then everyone should have to pay the membership fees, period.... Will this same 1k apply to in-house AM's as well?

Also in order to start collecting money, Affiliate Voice will have to file as a non-profit (5013c) and a treasurer will have to be appointed. Also all financial records will need to be public, who will manage that? Sorry, these are the things that I think when an organization is starting.

The $1 membership fee is a great gesture, but an accountant is going to cost a lot of money, and unless there is an accountant in our "group" (any former life accountants here?) this will be a huge expense. If an accountant is not willing to donate their services, I think the minimum will have to be higher.

Ok this is just me rambling and asking questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    The 1k minimum for OPM's will be done for all OPM's right?
    Yep even Linda Woods if she cares to join.

Some will not get to join without paying just because of who they know?
    No pay, no play.

Will this same 1k apply to in-house AM's as well?
    No, OPM = outsourced program manager, inhouse programs would pay a regular merchant fee (yet to be announced / decided) ... input welcome.

Also in order to start collecting money, Affiliate Voice will have to file as a non-profit (5013c) ...... manage that?
    I'm well aware of that, and yes all will be public, I'm obviously putting everything out there now, from the beginning I'm not going to stop that.

The $1 membership fee is a great gesture, but an accountant is going to cost a lot of money
    Umm I'm sure we'll have enough affiliates, even at a min of $1 to pay his / her salary ... that's the least of the monetary issue I see now.

Ok this is just me rambling and asking questions...
    Asking is fine, rambling not so much, obviously many parts of the formation have been taken into account, nothing wrong with asking them, but please give us a little credit with the common sense stuff.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 14th, 2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Added the No pay, no play q and asnwer
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Right now my main issues is 19 unique posters, 26 posts and 557 views ... I need to augment that unique poster number to get more feed back to help make this what we all agree will work, not just a few select.
    If we want more posters and feedback, may I suggest NOT picking on those that do... as in:

Asking is fine, rambling not so much
    and

nothing wrong with asking them, but please give us a little credit with the common sense stuff.
    Is there a written list of so-called "common sense" stuff so that others may not feel intimidated - LIKE ON THE PMA thread - about posting???????

There we go ... I was waiting for it!!!

YES Billy it is common sense to say you need to file public reports on all your accounts if your a non profit, or that it [the org] should be set up as one.

I find it pathetically hysterical how people feel intimidated with a "nuh duh" to common sense stuff. So I guess I'll have to apologize since I said I'm not an idiot, please don't think so. ... OK, I'm sorry. Better now? Or will this thread be taken off track by detractors that follow suit? Because of course that is obviously more important than the content of the thread / forum, since you didn't bother to comment on that. Was that intimating also?

--------------
    Donuts,

I will ping you when it's set up for donations / membership. I and all appreciate your dedication to the industry and your willingness to help. Thank you.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 14th, 2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Added appology
    Continued Success,

Haiko

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I find it pathetically hysterical how people feel intimidated with a "nuh duh" to common sense stuff. So I guess I'll have to apologize since I said I'm not an idiot, please don't think so. ... OK, I'm sorry. Better now? Or will this thread be taken off track by detractors that follow suit? Because of course that is obviously more important than the content of the thread / forum, since you didn't bother to comment on that. Was that intimating also?
    So it won't be an open discussion then. Just making sure. It will be "post what Haiko wants to hear, or face ridicule and belittlement thread"

Some examples of OFF TOPIC public ridicule:

I find it pathetically hysterical...

So I guess I'll have to apologize...

OK, I'm sorry. Better now?...

Or will this thread be taken off track by detractors that follow suit?...

Because of course that is obviously more important than the content of the thread...

(Oh - your whole post!)

"Was that intimating also?"

I'm not intimidated. But I'm sure you succeeded (just like in the PMA thread) of intimidating others into not posting

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Haiko,

I invite you to consider what I offer here in the same constructive spirit in which it is offered.

Something that may benefit your case for forming AV.org would be to treat questions, opinions and observations made by well intending posters with respect, rather than responding with personal anger, rudeness or sarcasm. If you wish to lead an effort such as this, and you want to gain support for what you believe is a better way to go, the observations and feedback offered by people who make up the potential membership base should be respected, even when their questions may not seem necessary to you, or their opinions do not align with your own.

The issue to cleanse this industry is far bigger than any individual within the industry. Just as your right to form another organization should be respected; so too, the people you are encouraging to support (what you believe is a better platform) deserve reciprocal respect for their feedback. If those who have a question or feedback cannot openly pose it without being subjected to inappropriate sarcasm or rudeness, their decision will be made for them.

I am hopeful that either PMA or AV or both come to be a truly effective asset to our industry and to that end I have offered my initial thoughts. How you choose to proceed is up to you and I wish us all well.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Come on Haiko - why the tone? I want to know the structure, the procedures, and your response is to be rude to me? Seriously?

Asking is fine, rambling not so much, obviously many parts of the formation have been taken into account, nothing wrong with asking them, but please give us a little credit with the common sense stuff.
    I did not know it that setting up a 501(c)(3) was common sense, Sorry about that.

So I guess I want to know who is stepping up to take care of all these common sense steps, where is the thread for planning for the actual organization? The structure? To make sure that knowledgeable people are taking care of these common sense steps? (I asked legitimate questions in my previous post. If I am paying $1,000 in as an OPM (oh but many who are OPM's and Affiliates as well could easily pay the $25, who regulates that?), I want to know that ALL the step have been done, the steps that are in process and I want to know WHO is doing them)

Are you even planning on legitimizing the organization as an officially registered non-for-profit? How about setting a PAC for legislative activities?

501(c)(3) process - for those of you who lack the common sense to know what it entails:
    Budget $500 for the application fee.

Obtain Tax ID Number using form IRS Form SS4: Application for Employee Identification Number.

Develop a budget for the next two years.

Prepare bylaws and articles of incorporation. These may be modified versions of the bylaws and articles of incorporation other similar organizations have submitted to the IRS in their 501 (c)3 applications.

Designate a committee of incorporators who will have primary responsibility for developing by-laws and dealing with preparation of other documents for the IRS application.

Parties and their incorporators will develop and approve the by-laws and the rules governing how candidates will run for and serve on the Executive Board.

Incorporators will not automatically become Executive Board members of the non-profit, but must run for their positions just as required of all Executive Board candidates.

File articles of incorporation with Probate Judge.

4. Compile documents for application to submit to IRS:

Form 8718: User Fee for Exempt Organization Determination Letter Request (this form is basically a cover page for your application).

Complete relevant parts 1-4 of form 1023, the Application for Recognition of Exemption. Depending upon the kind of exempt organization the organization chooses to be, you will be using different schedules on form 1023.

Financial statements and budgets.

Bylaws.

Incorporation documents.

Signatures.

Check for $500.

5. Form 1023 requirements:

Part 1: Administrative information, address (cannot be a PO Box), attach incorporation document, bylaws and articles, signature by officer.

Part 2: Describe activities in detail. Must specify that your organization is not financially accountable to another organization or involved in politics or influencing legislation.

Part 3: Administrative information. Examine the application and fill out relevant schedules according to any special activities of your Council.

Part 4: Financial statements. May want to base this on a template developed by an accountant or one used by other similar organizations in their non-profit status applications.

Domain Name:WEAREAM.ORG
    Created On:17-Jun-2008 22:50:18 UTC

Last month, before any of the fallout with PMA, when you were setting up your own iteration of an affiliate association group, you investigated what was needed to set up the association. To try to play that off is nothing short of ridiculous.

There was no hostility but when you specifically misrepresent to me multiple times (outside of this thread) then claim you were bullied when obviously someone who was allegedly bullied is more than able and capable of thinking doing and acting for themselves as we can see by the registration date of the domain and even before rescinding the nomination which was alledgedly done by bullying. And now, to derail a thread many hours after the initial issue, then I will say that that there is and will be a tone and hostility.

I will not coddle you because your someone's girlfriend, if you want to bat your lashes and play what ever games with others that's fine, but don't waste any more of my time nor continue to insult my intelligence.

Thread closed.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

There, now I can answer your relevant questions:

This iteration (AffiliateVoice) was started on July 11 not June 18th like yours, so you'll have to forgive me, I'm playing catch up because as someone said, it's only a weekend old.

But yes, it will be a non-profit and it will be filed by a more than capable attorney. The fees forwill be paid by me which I expect returned after the first year (no interest). This way the org is not beholden to one person nor company.

Right now, since I'm paying for it and taking the initiative I get to pick who I trust to help build the main entity while I've left the smaller entities to regional associations ... one of which you've already claimed -> Mo-Kan. That said I haven't made any movements beyond the domain registrations yet ... once again since it's only a weekend old.

To make sure that knowledgeable people are taking care of these common sense steps?
    Once again, don't insult my nor anyone else's intelligence, besides hiring capable professionals the people selected to champion this cause will be more than capable as well.

(I asked legitimate questions in my previous post. If I am paying $1,000 in as an OPM (oh but many who are OPM's and Affiliates as well could easily pay the $25, who regulates that?), I want to know that ALL the step have been done, the steps that are in process and I want to know WHO is doing them)
    No Rolet, your grinding an ax, and you just won't let go, will you?

I said no pay no play. OPMs $1K min, if they don't pay that then they aren't classified as an opm. However if they pay $25 they will be classified as an affiliate. Please stop with your vandeta, or at least leave me out of it.

Are you even planning on legitimizing the organization as an officially registered non-for-profit?
    Yes, I've said this numerous times, even before your questions.

How about setting a PAC for legislative activities?
    I answered this on the 7/11 call in which you participated.

Now, the thread is officially closed with all questions answered.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

10. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread