2 questions I can't find a better spot for.
    Hey everyone. Just had a couple of affiliate/advertising related questions.

1. I have a health related site (not a forum) that averages about 9,000-10,000 unique visits per day (20k-25k daily page views) which nearly all comes via search engines. I've been monetizing this site mainly with Adsense thus far, and it's been doing well. However, I have ad space above the fold that Adsense doesn't perform so great in. I was thinking of trying some type of CPM ad network in this spot... like Tribal Fusion or ValueClick. Having never run any CPM ads before, I was wondering how much I could actually expect to earn with CPM advertising with the above mentioned traffic?

I'm sure it could vary quite a bit, but anything remotely close to a broad estimate would do just fine. Also, thoughts/experiences with CPM networks like Tribal Fusion would also be greatly appreciated.

2. I have another site that would fit perfectly with some type of recipe site affiliate program. The only problem is, I have no clue where to find a recipe site with an affiliate program. Where/how can I track one down?

Thanks in advance for any help, and apologies in advance if there was indeed a better subforum to ask these questions.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by refined
    I have no clue where to find a recipe site with an affiliate program. Where/how can I track one down?
    Check the merchant list at any of the networks and you should find what you seek.

BTW.......Welcome to the fire side.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    Check the merchant list at any of the networks and you should find what you seek.

BTW.......Welcome to the fire side.
    That was actually going to be part of my second question. I'm not currently part of any of the big networks. Is there a way to see the full merchant lists without joining... or is it worth it to just join a couple of the big boys (CJ, for example) and look around?

Thanks!

refined, welcome to ABW!

Re #1: Greg Rice manages TestCountry.com's affiliate program which may be a good fit for your site. I also have a fairly new client - Hemorrhoids-Help.com, and would be happy to have you on board their affiliate program.

Re #2: This link may help you find something of interest; and I would also be happy to work with you through the GourmetStation.com's affiliate program, should you be interested.

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    Regarding CPM advertising - Unless you do this yourself, in-house, or you enjoy babysitting it, I wouldn't go this route. I've always found them inundated with parasites and/or extremely annoying flashing, loud, obnoxious ads. As soon as you filter them out, they come back in under a different name. Have you tried selling ad space yourself using a script like phpadsnew?
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Geno, thanks for the welcome and the links. I'll definitely check them out.

Celicaphile, ah... well that just turned me off CPM ads. I've never tried selling ads directly, always seemed like too much extra work to manage and everything. This is why I like Adsense so much... just paste the code and go back to working on the site.

Thanks for the info on CPM ads, by the way.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread