I am in Richmond, (VA), and it has us in it's sights. Sunny with wind right now, but everyone in the area is going nuts. Schools closing tomorrow, rivers flooding. We have a watch out right now for the Four Horsemen (not talking about a Rap Group ).

I only hope our lousy power company (Dominion Resources) can keep the power on.

How about you?

Fred

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>You might just be a Parasite if..."You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"</font>

Yeah, one of my sites is hosted in NJ

ABW Ambassador
    Good Luck to you and stay safe!
    Hopefully this will miss your part of the country. They are still saying it will hit NC area. This darn thing is going to land somewhere , was hoping maybe it would turn and go out to sea but no such luck. Fortunately it doesn't appear that NY will be hit. I was a little worried for awhile. We are just being warned of heavy winds and rain. Guess we are one of the lucky ones.
    Just make sure you have your emergency supplies!
    Hang in there!
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

Hopefuly it will break up before it gets to you!

Will be watching the news

ABW Ambassador
    My brother in law has a house on the beach in the Outer Banks. It's been in his family for years. Insurers won't insure the beach houses there for hurricane damage. I hope it makes it through. He loves that house.

Kip

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

I only hope our lousy power company (Dominion Resources) can keep the power on.

How about you?

Fred

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>_You might just be a Parasite if..._"You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"__</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fred, In Cleveland we found out that the power goes out hurricane or no hurricane. Compliments of First Energy. I am expecting a rolling blackout here as a result of your hurricane anyway.

Parasites having trouble getting it up on your own? Try Viagara or Propecia.

"Fred, In Cleveland we found out that the power goes out hurricane or no hurricane. "

Same here, that's what has me worried. They are extremly unreliable here. Highwinds mean the UPS' start to beep. A thunderstorm means the power will go out for sure - they are as arrogant as can be (the worst part).

Bought batteries last night, and the propane (thank you Hank Hill) is full.

Fred

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>You might just be a Parasite if..."You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"</font>

ABW Ambassador
    Get some bottled water to play it safe
    Cazzie

I live in Northern VA and people here are nutty as well.. no flashlights or batteries for miles! It is expected to come through here Thursday.. schools are closed Thurs and Fri already, and the men on our street are out pulling in pots, tables, chairs. etc... All we can do now is wait.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I got my T-Shirt! Imagination that!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Anne, isn't it amazing?

I want to laugh at the whole thing, but you know the old story - if we didn't do anything, it would be the worst storm in 200 years

Fred

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anne:
    no flashlights or batteries for miles!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My local supermarket had the misfortune, much to their chagrin I'm sure, to choose this week for a 25% off sale on both of those... I'm sure they were tempted to stick up those "oops, our circular had a mistake" signs, but didn't want the riots

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kip:
    My brother in law has a house on the beach in the Outer Banks. It's been in his family for years. Insurers won't insure the beach houses there for hurricane damage. I hope it makes it through. He loves that house. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh, so that's why that guy in the news started his generator inside the house and promptly burned it down - probably fully covered for that

Keep up to date with the National Hurricane Center http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Was concerned b4 as I am in the Virgin Islands when Isabel was a 5. But luckily we were spared - this time - ( I still remember Marilyn back in 1995 )

Follow sensible precautions - you'll be fine. Battin down the hatches and Good Luck

Toledo Swords - Collectible Heirloom Armory
    http://www.toledoswords.com

Since we live between the Delaware River and the canal, we get our share of flooding. Spent most of yesterday sandbagging our garage and generally preparing for the deluge of rain. Now the forecast says two inches.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Best of luck Karl, that stinks that you have to do that

Floyd wasn't real fun in '99. My best friend is named Floyd - boy, did we rag on him

Fred

Schools are closed. Offices are closing early. Activities have been cancelled since yesterday. Here at work, they gave out flashlights. I am getting pelted with weather updates. Everyone here is talking about it. My family has been calling each other all day.

Where do I live? Where Karl from PhillyBurbs lives. You know, the area with the 2" of rain forcasted. Rain that has not, by the way, even started to fall yet.

double

-patrice

Patrice:

Bracing for the run on bread & milk?

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Well, picture this - I try to go to the WalMart in Pottstown just to get out of the office and pick up a few things that I need anyway, no "hurricane supplies". CAN'T EVEN PARK IN THE LOT. It's chaos. And still not a drop of rain.

We should be thankful that we're not getting hit. But it's so hard to remember that when everyone around us is acting like we're going to be out of house and home at any moment. Now the people REALLY in harm's way, that's who I am worried about.

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.manager
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    aim: patricemilligan
    ::visit.our.private.forum.at.abw::

Every year I say that I am going to plan ahead and put together emergency supplies in the garage. Well the only time I remember is when a hurricane is out in the ocean and by then I have defeated the purpose. One of these days...

Well, I am on day-TEN without power here in Richmond. I am at a friend's business trying to catch-up on things. Lot's of lessons learned though (about being prepared).

They say we might have power in four or five days. Sheesh...

The worst part here is that Virginia Power said they would be working 24 hours a day to get things running. Unfortunately, they were not entirely truthful. You see the crews clearing and restoring are only working during the daytime - they quit at night. The twenty-four-hour part is where the guys in pickup trucks with bright lights go around at night and shine for deer (I mean downed lines).

Who would ever think you would need a generator for almost two-weeks because the power is out? Generators are just now becoming available again. Maybe I'll go out and get one - FEMA says they'll pay for 80% on a new purchase.

Anyway, that's the update (for those that care).

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    That is horrendous! How have you been managing all this time? Maybe it would be wise to buy that generator. Heres hoping you get that power back soon
    Cazzie

Thanks Cazzie !

Hindsight is well - you know (20-20)... I should have had a generator. Of course, for the first week you couldn't get one.

We had water (hot and cold) all but three-days -without that, it would be unbearable. Of course those with an electrically operated well did much worse.

The power company handed out dry ice for a couple of days, but now that only 10% of us are left without - everyone else thinks things are back to normal.

Thanks again...

Fred

Okay, after almost eleven-days to the hour, my electric service was finally restored - Yeah !

Our little sub-division is "U" shaped with three branches of power company "Aerial Plant" (overhead wires), and about twenty houses.

There were twelve trees over the lines and about six more individual "service drops" into houses that had trees accross them. Of course there were more trees down than that, it's a mess.

My only "real" complaint, why not work at night? They used to. THe media here is asking the same questions.

Have to have a plan in place for the "next time."

Fred

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread