Unhappy When does CJ officially close your account for lack of sales?
    Since eBay left and being that was our only affiliate with CJ we are in danger of losing our CJ affiliate account for lack of sales. We have signed up for about 19 programs in the past two months but no sales so far as we are still working on promotion and page building. Clicks are being generated just not near the eBay levels.

My question is how long do we have before CJ pulls the rug out from underneath us for lack of sales. We are kinda worried that it might happen just to us after we've done all the work.

Thanks for helping.

I believe that if you make at least one sale within a 6 month time period you'll be okay.

That is my understanding; someone else may need to collaborate with my statement.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Smile
    Thanks Rhia...I hope your are right. That should be plenty of time to make just one sale. Let's see what the others say but something about what you posted rings true to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Voxman
    Since eBay left and being that was our only affiliate with CJ we are in danger of losing our CJ affiliate account for lack of sales. We have signed up for about 19 programs in the past two months but no sales so far as we are still working on promotion and page building. Clicks are being generated just not near the eBay levels.

My question is how long do we have before CJ pulls the rug out from underneath us for lack of sales. We are kinda worried that it might happen just to us after we've done all the work.

Thanks for helping.
    Don't worry about it, you can re-activate your account if it gets canceled due to inactivity.

It's six months to the best of my knowledge - and although you're supposed to be able to reactivate, I've heard from some affiliates that have had trouble doing that (myself included). I took my time getting up and running with CJ as well, but I extended my deadline by purchasing an item for my wife from CafePress... it was a $2 magnet or something. That earned me a few cents and another 6 months It's not ideal - needing to make a purchase like that - but I figure $2-3 is worth it to keep the thing open and not have the hassle of having to deal with reactivation.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I, too, believe it is 6 months. I got one of their warm and fuzzy ( or get off the pot) emails in January. So I put one of their hotel merchant properties on one of my busy sites, made two sales the next day and then removed it - figuring I would be good for 6 more months. I just thought about the "time limit" a few days ago, but saw I had actually sold something at the beginning of July. So, I should be good until the end of the year.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Smile Thank you All
    Thank you all very much for your information and insights.

Especially about just making a sale by buying something yourself...d'uh

You guys are awesome at coming to the the aid of people when they have questions.

I just had to re-activate my CJ account today they said because of dormancy. I still haven't figured out how to get product pricing on my website. I can cut and paste the code provided by CJ but how do you get the prices?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread