Angry CompanyStore, Silhouettes, Domestications.. Questionable Reversals
    Check your January - March reports for reversals posted in June by the companies above. All of my Jan and Feb sales have been reversed. I asked CJ for help on it and I got an answer which I already saw on the reports - compliance issue? But what were the compliance issues? Where are the screenshots?? What is it referring to?? Why wasn't I contacted for an explanation prior to the reversals?? Guilty first ask later???

Between never being paid for 45% of my sales for no clear reason and getting the remainder reversed -- I am very upset.

1. I don't bid on adwords - don't even know how

2. I don't collect emails so no spam issues here

3. I don't post coupon codes that are not from my accounts

4. I have no popup ads on my site.

5. I have no way to set a cookie for life...

If a compliance issue did/does exist, shouldn't I be contacted before reversals are made six months later??? And if I DID have compliance issues resulting in all my commissions being reversed six months after the fact --- wouldn't you drop me if you were the AM instead of continuing to earn sales from my site??

Keeping it all a big secret then slipping it in six months after the fact is a good way to assure the problem is repeated and the next three months commissions will also get reversed. How underhanded.

This totally stinks. I hope the AM answers my emails with a clear explanation of what their issues are... in the meantime ... I'm going to ask my auditor to go over 2007 sales and see what else has been going on. He has a good eye and is very good at uncovering stuff.

And whatever happened to a locked sale????
    Last edited by leeann; July 16th, 2008 at 02:32 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I heard back from one of the emails I sent.. in regards to Domestications.. but it doesn't make sense to me .. or it's late and the dots aren't connecting.. and it has nothing to do with compliance so am I wrong to ask that that explanation be removed??? What CJ said is "the reversed transactions were already paid. What happened is that advertiser was charged for duplicate orders again, going back to October last year. You were already paid for these OIDs."

How can that be right? If it says -- Jan. 4 event date -- and the transaction I.D. is unique... and it's EVERY sale in Jan and Feb... how can that be right?

Huh?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

hanover brands sent an email out (for each brand) on 7/2/08 explaining what happened. a batch of orders from last fall were resent, so the reversals were just a correction of the duplicate orders. i checked all of mine in a spreadsheet, and it was all correct.

you may want to re look at your emails and the explanation, it actually all works out.

Yeah I just learned about this. I checked through the emails and somehow missed that one. I still don't like "compliance" as the reason and I find other things odd, like not having any sales for two months for companies which generally perform well. I don't have time to mess w/ it anymore though - not for now anyway.. I still going to ask my auditor to check it all, but as you say, it looks like it will probably check out fine. But looking at the reports and seeing numerous zero commissions which were never compensated has my interest going anyway..
    leeann

One more thing, Hanover sends pending orders, which have $0 commission. Maybe that is what you are seeing as not paid. usually the order then is posted again as confirmed order with the commission. I don't really like this way of reporting, but its what they do. If a pending order does not come through as confirmed, it means the shopper did not complete the order, or it was cancelled, credit card denied, etc.

What would a reasonable rate be for orders not being completed? I'm running close to 45% which seems really high
    leeann

Leeann, are you running the commission detail report by posting date? i find that is the most accurate way of looking at this.

i cannot comment on the 45%. our number is not that high, but we are doing a program that involves some current customers, so i don't think that makes a good comparison. one thing i don't know is what the general industry number is.

Quote Originally Posted by skishore2006
    Leeann, are you running the commission detail report by posting date? i find that is the most accurate way of looking at this.
    Yes, and I agree, it is the best way to run the reports.
    leeann

These guys are big reversers. Black holes into which good clicks disappear in my experience. I stay away from them.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Well that 2% just keeps me dedicated :-) (as if..)
    leeann

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread