Average time it takes to get approved/declined?
    I just joined CJ yesterday and applied with 4 merchants right after.

I was just wondering how long I should expect to wait for any of these merchants to approve or decline me?

Thanks in advance.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    It depends on the merchant.

Expect to wait anywhere from a few hours to a few years.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I don't have any programs on CJ, but I know that for our programs, it takes from 30 minutes to one day depending on time availability, application and site review etc. But of course as with anything approval time will vary with the merchant.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Is there any recommended point in time when I should just like, email the merchant directly and mention I applied via CJ?

I've just re-joined CJ and had the somewhat unusual experience of applying for more than 800 merchants' programs in a single day (this past weekend).

After two business days, I've been approved by 570 merchants (more than half 'automatically'), rejected by more than 100 others (many also automatically). I now have 189 pending applications.

When I worked with CJ previously, I know I had many "pending applications" which drew no response after a year and longer.

I would suggest sending a follow-up inquiry after a week or so, unless there is some special urgency (e.g. if you're building out a Back-to-School or political-convention theme web site).

Ah, that's what I figured. I originally joined CJ a bunch of years ago and still have a very vague memory of applications pending infinitely. I think it was the reason I gave up on CJ in the first place... all of the merchants I wanted to be an affiliate for never did anything with my application.

So lovely to hear not much has changed.

I have 2 merchants on pending list since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    When I worked with CJ previously, I know I had many "pending applications" which drew no response after a year and longer.
    I wish there was a way to withdraw the application at CJ when it's pending too long. I hate loose ends like that.

I would definitely email the Aff Manager - a follow up is appreciated especially with tid bits about your sites, reasons you'd like to join, etc...

Tips for CJ Aff Managers - in your Account Settings make mention of how long an applicant should expect to wait. You have the option of creating your OWN text in the Branded Sign Up tab. If you state it, stick to it. Affiliates don't have forever.

I totally agree with all of the replies here. I was on CJ for about 6 months and a lot of programs that I applied to never got back to me. I would definitely email the sites personally if you don't hear from them in a week or two; sometimes these sites have no one watching the cj account so they have no idea when people apply.

Thanks for the help everyone. Some approved me a day or so later, and the rest I've contacted and got approved then.

I had another kind of unrelated question but figured I might as well just put it here.

During the 9 or so days that I've been running some ads from CJ, I've gotten about 1200 total clicks (from normal organic traffic pretty much solely from search engines).

For all of those clicks, I have not 1 sale and not 1 lead.

I was just curious, is something like this... normal?

Thanks again.

There are many factors that determine the approval those are dependent on time availability,application,site review etc.And the time taken for getting approved generally takes 30minutes to one hour.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread