Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Being logical , not technical , the reality is , as long as scumware seems profitable to the scum , merchant and network , it will exist. Where ever easy money is to be made , people will always find a legal ( though not necessarily moral ) or illegal method to make the easy money. Just look at all the “get rich quick”, scam sites , etc on the internet.. Nobody here campaigns against those sites , because it doesn’t effect ABW members , or does it?

As for the parasiteware you do complain about , the only way to rid them is to make them unprofitable. ( illegal would also be nice , but drugs are illegal but still continue as long as it is profitable )

This is the Achilles’ heel of these scums. How do you turn off the profit faucet ? That’s easy. They can’t hijack your link , if you have NO link. That means everyone of the 8,000+ ABW members removes every link to every merchant that supports these programs. Plus each member sends a notice to each and every one of these merchants that the links will remain removed until they chose between their legitimate sales force or the scum. ( also explain to the merchants how the scum is raping them for commissions on se traffic etc ) That will mean a temporary loss of revenue , versus the continual loss. ONLY a COMBINED membership embargo will work , no wimps.

Alternatively , develop software that recognizes these programs on the surfer’s computer. If a surfer clicks on a link , but has the scumware on their computer , DO NOT allow the click to go thru ( it’s only going to be hijacked anyway ) instead redirect to a page that alerts the consumer to their computer being “infected” and on how to remove such infection.

When you go to war , recognize the strengths and weaknesses of your enemy . as well as your own.

The strength of the parasites is the large amount of “sales” they “generate” for a merchant to see. They are well financed , and organized. But that strength is also their weakness. They can only “generate” these “sales” by stealing them. So in essence YOU are supporting them with your links. ( some of you are even affiliates , promoting them directly – nothing like being greedy and short-sighted yourself )

The strength of the Affiliate Community is their numbers. But again , that is also their weakness. Because of the numbers , affiliates are unorganized , not well financed , and too many are short sighted and greedy or just plain apathetic. Combined , affiliates are an unbeatable force. “United we stand , Divided we fall” ever hear the saying? United affiliates can wage a war and quickly and easily win. Divided means fighting a guerilla campaign. That is a long process , that sometimes wins out in the end , eventually.

But don’t despair. In the end the parasites will not survive. After they have killed off all the affiliates who no longer promote the links they can steal , because they can no longer make money , they will disappear. They will walk away with the gold , and the affiliates can keep the empty pot.

As for the merchants who supported them , they will also disappear , because they will not have any sales force left.

Time cures all ills.

Toledo Swords - Collectible Heirloom Armory
    http://www.toledoswords.com

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with you on most of it, but there are some problems.

"They can’t hijack your link , if you have NO link. That means everyone of the 8,000+ ABW members removes every link to every merchant that supports these programs."

Or you can just frame you links, framed affiliates links don't get popped off of. As far as removing links to merchants, a lot of people have lots of sites with lots of links and most won't spend the time removing links. Plus if i remove links, i can't get paid. People here have estimated from 2% - 35% of our traffic is affected by parasites meaning 98% - 65% of it isn't. By pulling links, you can't make any money off of the unaffected traffic. Just frame your affiliate links and that will do the trick. Also look for merchants outside of the networks, 99% of them are parasite free. Also maybe on your site or in your newsletter, provide some info on how to your computer "clean" Also most affiliates don't even know whats happening or have ever been in an affiliate forum. I heard 1 merchant here say 2% of her affiliates are ABW members. Also if you ever get affiliates to pull their links, some won't and will benefit from all the extra traffic.

Maybe merchants here can do something. In their newsletter to their site visitors, not affiliate newsletter, the normal newsletter that goes out to people. Provide some info on getting their computer clean and getting rid of popups.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:

Or you can just frame you links, framed affiliates links don't get popped off of.

im not really sure how you figure?? once that window is popped up, it should be subject to the same thing

As far as removing links to merchants, a lot of people have lots of sites with lots of links and most won't spend the time removing links.

well, thats kinda their own problem. if they dont want to fix it, then i dont want to hear it. its really that simple. period, end of story. it isnt like we havent known about this for at least 2 years now. there IS no excuse other than sheer laziness and dumbness

People here have estimated from 2% - 35% of our traffic is affected

those are some pretty conservative numbers, dontcha think?

by parasites meaning 98% - 65% of it isn't. By pulling links, you can't make any money off of the unaffected traffic. Just frame your affiliate links and that will do the trick.

I DISAGREE! by doing this you are STILL supporting the infected merchant! WHY are you doing this?

Also maybe on your site or in your newsletter, provide some info on how to your computer "clean"

lets not kid ourselves here, most affiliates wont use one line of text on something they dont get directly paid for

Also most affiliates don't even know whats happening or have ever been in an affiliate forum. I heard 1 merchant here say 2% of her affiliates are ABW members.

well, we cant not worry ourselves about the uninformed at this time. also, what makes you think that just because someone isnt a member here, that they are unaware of this problem?? theres no logic to that. this is being discussed at many a board and many of those boards have some pretty big numbers. besides, teh LAST thing we need is a bunch more people added into the mix who do little more than complain while the likes of paul nichols stares at you, laughing every time you log into cj. man, if THAT isnt enough motivation to leaev cj, i dont know what is!

Also if you ever get affiliates to pull their links, some won't and will benefit from all the extra traffic.

Maybe merchants here can do something. In their newsletter to their site visitors, not affiliate newsletter, the normal newsletter that goes out to people. Provide some info on getting their computer clean and getting rid of popups.

ha! fat chance! and im not kidding! i get tons of newsletters and not once have i ever seen anyone bother to talk about this. the problem as i see it is that there is too much talking and not enough doing!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

--
    if youre part of the problem... then dont complain about it

ABW Ambassador
    Everything in my post makes sense, lot more sense then waiting for some program you're working on.

"im not really sure how you figure?? once that window is popped up, it should be subject to the same thing"

Shopping aps look for merchant in url. Framing affiliate links works because they never see the merchants url in the address. Do a search and read. Or actually try it out instead of wondering if it works or not. Works for me.

"well, thats kinda their own problem. if they dont want to fix it, then i dont want to hear it. its really that simple. period, end of story. it isnt like we havent known about this for at least 2 years now. there IS no excuse other than sheer laziness and dumbness"

I like to deal in reality. This has been done before with no success, no point in trying something again that doesn't work. It would work with full participation, but that will never happen.

"those are some pretty conservative numbers, dontcha think?"

No those are estimates from actual affiliates. Edited to add, you said you're not even a sales based affiliate.

"lets not kid ourselves here, most affiliates wont use one line of text on something they dont get directly paid for"

I know most won't but it is something that will pay off later.

"ha! fat chance! and im not kidding! i get tons of newsletters and not once have i ever seen anyone bother to talk about this"

I know i agree.

Nice that you went over my post but offer no solutions of your own. I guess we all just have to wait for your wondrous program to save the affiliates. All talk, lets see something.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on September 28, 2003 at 05:03 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Everything in my post makes sense, lot more sense then waiting for some program you're working on.

ok, who else is working on soemthing that will work? i didnt ask anyone to wait for anything, nor am i responsible for fixing anything that an affiliate lets continue!

"im not really sure how you figure?? once that window is popped up, it should be subject to the same thing"

Shopping aps look for merchant in url. Framing affiliate links works because they never see the merchants url in the address. Do a search and read. Or actually try it out instead of wondering if it works or not. Works for me.

"well, thats kinda their own problem. if they dont want to fix it, then i dont want to hear it. its really that simple. period, end of story. it isnt like we havent known about this for at least 2 years now. there IS no excuse other than sheer laziness and dumbness"

I like to deal in reality. This has been done before with no success, no point in trying something again that doesn't work. It would work with full participation, but that will never happen.

"those are some pretty conservative numbers, dontcha think?"

No those are estimates from actual affiliates. You make your money online but not really from affiliate marketing right?

yes from affiliate amrketing but NOT from parasite ridden merchants. they were all dumped. id like to see a list of affiliates here who have bothered to do the same

"lets not kid ourselves here, most affiliates wont use one line of text on something they dont get directly paid for"

I know most won't but it is something that will pay off later.

they probably dont plan on being around later. its kinda like the MLM, get rich quick while we can kind of mentality

"ha! fat chance! and im not kidding! i get tons of newsletters and not once have i ever seen anyone bother to talk about this"

I know i agree.

Nice that you went over my post but offer no solutions of your own. I guess we all just have to wait for your wondrous program to save the affiliates. All talk, lets see something.

i dont see that ive been talking much about it. also, im not responsible for saving anyone. i was voted down for that. sorry. do you really think im going to dump profitable projects to spend the majority of my time finishing and distributing a program to save a bunch of affiliates who wont bother to dump the offenders? maybe when im bored.... itll roll out if/when it does. besides, everything i work on gets criticized to death anyways, so for the most part, im looking at this program as a novelty. something to do just to say that i did it. its a very complex program, it isnt a parasite killer so to speak

edited to add: ive offered many solutions over the past year, but people were a bit too busy killing the messenger so ive been devoting the majority of my time building profitable alliances, building non-affiliate-link dependant sites and thinking up/creating some fierce technology. ive also been busy sending emails, making phone calls, filing complaints and talking to lawyers... now what exactly is it YOUVE been doing the past two years? im certainly not getting as rich as a lot of you, as a lot of this work doesnt pay, but ya know what? im not keeping the parasites in business either! i have no desire to screw my fellow affiliates in such a way! and thats what they are doing! they are screwing YOU!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

--

[This message was edited by BigTop on September 28, 2003 at 05:15 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    "i dont see that ive been talking much about it. also, im not responsible for saving anyone. i was voted down for that. sorry. do you really think im going to dump profitable projects to spend the majority of my time finishing and distributing a program to save a bunch of affiliates who wont bother to dump the offenders? maybe when im bored.... itll roll out if/when it does. besides, everything i work on gets criticized to death anyways, so for the most part, im looking at this program as a novelty. something to do just to say that i did it. its a very complex program, it isnt a parasite killer so to speak"

So if you had a program you would only distribute it to affiliates who dump the offenders. If they do that then they wouldn't need the program right? As far as the program that would be great if you actually do it and it works, but you just mention it and thats it. Whats the point of that?

I'm taking care of things on my own anyway.

"What I've seen with SaHS and all topMoxie applications is that if the affiliate link is framed they do not pop nor overwrite.

Haiko"

Also i made an edit above because you did say once you're not even a "sales based affiliate"

So if you had a program you would only distribute it to affiliates who dump the offenders.

it isnt a program for affiliaets, it is for end users

If they do that then they wouldn't need the program right?

if they dumped parasites no one would need anything

As far as the program that would be great if you actually do it and it works, but you just mention it and thats it.

while im certainly not going to debate teh merits of the program here with you, suffice it to say it works. as far as mentioning it, read my above post. ive got better things to do than be constantly ridiculed by people who used to be my peers. im sure you can sympathize!

Whats the point of that?

I'm taking care of things on my own anyway.

well then, if that is true, then you have no reason not to tell us about it

"What I've seen with SaHS and all topMoxie applications is that if the affiliate link is framed they do not pop nor overwrite."

i have no idea about that. again, im not sure why people would even bother to continue working with thieves.

id be happy to debate this with you, but this is not the proper venue so i wont be discussing it any further

"The successful man is the average man, focused."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

--

Like I stated - To be effective in war you either go ALL the way , no holds bar - or don't bother.

WWII vs Korea and Viet Nam are examples. Limited wars do not work.

NO LINKS - will send the message and stop the carnage - PERIOD. Yes , war is expensive , you will lose revenue at first , and war does take effort. And yes is every war there are profiteers. And yes , it takes a large united allied force to succeed.

But in the end there will be no parasites and / or no merchants willing to support them.

Otherwise , the results are inevitable. As longs as you support the merchants in ANYWAY , they will not take you seriously. As long as you have links up , the parasites will find a way to hijack them. Maybe today it is 35% , but it will grow , eventually it will be 100%. You can bury your head in the sand and pay a higher price later , it's up to the Affiliate Community as a whole. WWII could have been stopped before it began. It wasn't. Now just imagine the world today if America continued to stand by while that "european" war was fought. Luckily we were FORCED to enter the battle against evil before it was too late. Wake up the barbarians are at the gate.

"Those who don't remember history , are doomed to repeat it"

well, you can send us all swords! we'll use them!

im sure theyd be much more effective than those cj whistles!

--

ABW Ambassador
    I think we all want the same thing, i just think pulling links ain't the way to do it. Pulling links has no affect on the merchant. You would only be hurting yourself by doing this. A visitor comes to your site with no links to click and will just move on to a site with links. In the end the consumer will find the merchant one way or another.

Like i said this has been done before:
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2001/12/prweb30930.htm

"As long as you have links up , the parasites will find a way to hijack them.

Like i said frame them, this works. There are things you can do to protect yourself.

"Maybe today it is 35% , but it will grow , eventually it will be 100%."

Do a search for Longhorn the next Windows coming out, this will handle a lot of the BHO problems. I read ad blocking will be part of the next windows, also in XP, Browser Helper Objects are on by default and that looks like it will change to off by default.

Plus i'm sure there will be a continuous stream of lawsuits that eventually will decide the rules.

That's all for me, its almost 5AM time for some [the sleeping smiley has disappeared]

ABW Ambassador
    I hate those posts speaking in military formels. They are as stupid as GWB and do only lead to the similar problems like GWB now has.
    Although it seems to be a good point to remove links, but I will not loose money with this trick. So could there be a software that recognizes scumware on the PC of a customer, and if he has, makes all links on our site disappear? This would let us earn money by regular visitors, but the sumware users not.

carneol

for the record, ive been a republican since day one. i voted for every bush i could.
    ok, now lets deal with the issue at hand...

from my standpoint, any affiliate that knowingly uses parasitic merchants is the enemy. they are, in essense willing to be paid off to look the other way.

you guys really think pulling links wont work? dropping merchants wont work? hah, give me a break!

to take it a step further, i can assure you that if enough of you did it, youd only have your links down as long as it would take the merchant to get on the phone and cancel with ebates! YOU are the reason the visitor finds the merchant, NOT the merchant and NOT ebates!

there is NO way you can tell me that if there was a sudden mass exodus out of parasite country that it wouldnt be noticed immediately. there are no two ways about it.

so what do i say to you? if you are making SO much money that you think you can afford to STAY with parasites, then you should EASILY be able to lose one measly weeks pay, which is in my estimate about all it would take, if this were carefully orchestrated and implemented.

--

Pulling links has no affect on the merchant.

where in the world do you get such information?

You would only be hurting yourself by doing this. A visitor comes to your site with no links to click and will just move on to a site with links. In the end the consumer will find the merchant one way or another.

according to you, the only merchants with products to sell are infected merchants??? how do you figure?

Like i said frame them, this works. There are things you can do to protect yourself.

like i said, why bother? there are lots of ways to make money. partnering with criminals is not the way i choose to run my business. it just doesnt make sense. letting these merchants think it is ok just makes the clean merchants think they are missing out on something. so where is the deterrent?

Do a search for Longhorn the next Windows coming out, this will handle a lot of the BHO problems.

ive got XP and so do a lot of people, how many people do you think will go buy new computers?

I read ad blocking will be part of the next windows, also in XP, Browser Helper Objects are on by default and that looks like it will change to off by default.

that can EASILY be done rright now by a windows update, should microsoft care to do it

Plus i'm sure there will be a continuous stream of lawsuits that eventually will decide the rules.

id like the name of just ONE person or company who has sued cj or ebates for this matter. i think thats a lot of talk

did you know that most fights are against the unknown? imagine fighting piracy but not knowing who the enemy is? we KNOW who the enemy is, this couldnt be any easier on us! there IS no excuse!

That's all for me, its almost 5AM time for some [the sleeping smiley has disappeared]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

--

ABW Ambassador
    "you guys really think pulling links wont work? dropping merchants wont work? hah, give me a break!"

And do you really think you can get this kind of participation from hundreds of thousands/millions of affiliates?

"Plus i'm sure there will be a continuous stream of lawsuits that eventually will decide the rules.

id like the name of just ONE person or company who has sued cj or ebates for this matter. i think thats a lot of talk"

Notice i said i think there "will be" which is future tense. Also that was a general statement meaning lawsuits will decide the rules such as ongoing ones agains gator, whenu etc.

"Like i said frame them, this works. There are things you can do to protect yourself.

like i said, why bother?"

Like why are you saying anything at all? Like you said you're not even a sales based affiliate trying to tell sale based affiliates how to run their business. I have a shopping site so i have everybody on there. I think you do realize shoppers look for brand name merchants right? Framing links protects my traffic from getting popped off of.

"ive got XP and so do a lot of people, how many people do you think will go buy new computers?"

Not a quick fix, but a positive step and eventually people upgrade. Things take time.

So you think another merchant boycott will do the trick? In order to solve any problem you first have to honest and real about the situation. I would be happy to see this happen, but i know thats not a reality, not enough participation for any real change.

edited to ad
    I said
    "Pulling links has no affect on the merchant."
    You said

Go take a good look at the merchant list on theses site. They are big brand network merchants. Most of the money they make is from brick and mortor. As far as online sales a very small percentage of that comes from the affiliate channel. So pulling links to brand merchants will have absolutely no affect on them. I kinda like using them as spider food and surrounding them with para free merchants. And why do i have these merchants on my site? Because i have a shopping site and people who shop online look for big brand merchants. So in order for me to stay competitive i have them too. But i do try to promote the pare free ones more, and if you read my past posts you will see i love finding indys that convert.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on September 28, 2003 at 07:14 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Like i said frame them, this works. There are things you can do to protect yourself.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have harped and harped on this but have never to my knowledge ever written one word about what you mean when you use the term "frame links". If you mean make every page inside a frame on another page, I do not see how this will hide the merchant URL in any way. If the term "frame links" means something else, don't you think it would be good before you go any farther that you explain what the heck you are talking about?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

Keep your eye on the ball. Almost all wars are about MONEY. To win therefore you have to attack the source of the money. What is the source in this war? The merchants who participate. It is THAT simple.

Why do the merchants do it ? For more immediate profits. ( very few merchants think long term , they think quarterly ) Create immediate drops in sales and you will see them change their tune , real quick. Even 1,000 ABW memebers dropping the links and sending 1,000 emails to the merchant at ONE time , has to make an impact. Remember that's 1,000 links that the merchant looses from. Yes , those 1,000 affiliates will lose 65% of the sales from those links , the parasites sales will drop by the 35% they would have stolen , and the merchant will lose 100%.

Why do the networks allow it ? Because their merchants want it and allow it. Afterall , no merchants no network.

Why do affiliates allow this ? Because just like the world thought that if they gave Hitler 35% of Europe that would be enough. Affiliates won't wake up till their commissions are zero. They are just like the merchants - short sighted. Continue on your track. Keep supporting those merchants with sales. Look for excuses and reasons to keep earning a diminishing piece of the pie. You , the merchant and the parasites will all wake up one day. You'll have nothing , the merchants will have nothing , and like all parasites , they will have it all. Just in time to find another set of victims to bleed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigTop:
    well, you can send us all swords! we'll use them!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I wish it was that easy. I would. Instead all I can say is that I have declined to accept parasites into our affiliate program. Also as an affiliate , I will join any united action. Not that I expect any. Especially from the responses I see here. Everybody is concerned with the dollars they will lose today , not the total dollars they will lose in the end. They are still looking to support the CAUSE of the problem ( the merchant ) to keep those dwindling checks coming.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carneol:
    I hate those posts speaking in military formels.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sorry , but business is war. ( marketing CAMPAIGNS , KILL the competition , BATTLE for the consumer mind , etc. ) Ask any business person. And affiliate marketing is a business!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Although it seems to be a good point to remove links, but I will not loose money with this trick. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lose some now , or ALL of it later. Your choice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    So could there be a software that recognizes scumware on the PC of a customer, and if he has, makes all links on our site disappear? This would let us earn money by regular visitors, but the sumware users not.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This suggestion is in my thread starting post. It does attack the sympton , the parasite , but not the cause , the merchant. The parasites WILL adapt. Deprive the merchant of ALL funds , or a SHARP drop , and he will make a QUICK retreat. (sorry , that's military again )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cinst:
    That means everyone of the 8,000+ ABW members removes every link to every merchant that supports these programs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Cinst, it just isn't going to happen.
    It would be easy for me, since I'm not earning much yet from affiliate marketing, but if people receive cheques for thousands of dollars each month, and have mortgages to pay, and tables to place food on...
    It just isn't going to happen, even if the will were there, and we are more of a community united by a common enemy than a common cause.
    It is as realistic as saying 'the problem would go away if the parasites would unanimously decide to change their business practices.'

The other suggestion, of developing software to counteract the parasites, is equally impractical and also quite dangerous. We would only be adding to the mess if we followed that path.

Radegast ,
    No I don't think it is going to happen. My post is basically , for everyone to stop complaining if they are not willing to do what is necessary to make it happen.

What I think , and know , is that in the long run the problem will disappear. If an affiliate can't make money they will stop promoting a merchant , so there will be less click thrus to steal , and less revenue for the merchant. Personally , where I use to spend thousands of dollars promoting merchants at the PPC's , I have curtailed that expenditure. If the net return is not there , why promote the merchant. If I find a merchant that is parasite free , and basically leak free and converts , I divert my efforts to that merchant.

The next step is what a few affiliates of our program are doing. They have set up their sites as ecommerce. They avoid the parasites by collecting the money at their site. Everything else is handled by us. They know exactly what their sales are , reversals are , commissions due are. There is no room for parasites , or merchant cheating. A little more effort , but a lot more rewards and peace of mind.

ABW Ambassador
    I am only doing MINIMAL business with CJ. To the tune of a whopping $40 per month. Soon, those few links will be taken off, too.
    Unless CJ stops sleeping in the same bed with the scums (and thus being a scum), I will not give them business.

"you guys really think pulling links wont work? dropping merchants wont work? hah, give me a break!"

And do you really think you can get this kind of participation from hundreds of thousands/millions of affiliates?

"Plus i'm sure there will be a continuous stream of lawsuits that eventually will decide the rules.

id like the name of just ONE person or company who has sued cj or ebates for this matter. i think thats a lot of talk"

Notice i said i think there "will be" which is future tense. Also that was a general statement meaning lawsuits will decide the rules such as ongoing ones agains gator, whenu etc.

"Like i said frame them, this works. There are things you can do to protect yourself.

like i said, why bother?"

Like why are you saying anything at all? Like you said you're not even a sales based affiliate trying to tell sale based affiliates how to run their business. I have a shopping site so i have everybody on there. I think you do realize shoppers look for brand name merchants right? Framing links protects my traffic from getting popped off of.

"ive got XP and so do a lot of people, how many people do you think will go buy new computers?"

Not a quick fix, but a positive step and eventually people upgrade. Things take time.

So you think another merchant boycott will do the trick? In order to solve any problem you first have to honest and real about the situation. I would be happy to see this happen, but i know thats not a reality, not enough participation for any real change.

edited to ad
    I said
    "Pulling links has no affect on the merchant."
    You said

Go take a good look at the merchant list on theses site. They are big brand network merchants. Most of the money they make is from brick and mortor. As far as online sales a very small percentage of that comes from the affiliate channel. So pulling links to brand merchants will have absolutely no affect on them. I kinda like using them as spider food and surrounding them with para free merchants. And why do i have these merchants on my site? Because i have a shopping site and people who shop online look for big brand merchants. So in order for me to stay competitive i have them too. But i do try to promote the pare free ones more, and if you read my past posts you will see i love finding indys that convert.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on September 28, 2003 at 07:14 AM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i do have a couple of sites that are sales based, not big sites, not parasite infected, i probably should have been more clear on that. either way, it isnt limited to only sales based affiliates (by which, i mean people like you, not just anyone who sells something)

i do have ONE very important question, and that is.... i wonder just how many of you, in the past year or so have picked up NEW parasitic merchants or have added more parasite prducts KNOWING what you know, rather than phase them out?

--

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radegast:
    The other suggestion, of developing software to counteract the parasites, is equally impractical and also quite dangerous. We would only be adding to the mess if we followed that path.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

im anxious to hear why you think that! nothing bad about cool, free software

--

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Irma:
    I am only doing MINIMAL business with CJ. To the tune of a whopping $40 per month. Soon, those few links will be taken off, too.
    Unless CJ stops sleeping in the same bed with the scums (and thus being a scum), I will not give them business.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

when you stop using them, you should be rewarded!

one year of free hosting for you!

PM me if you are interested!

im not kidding! id find a way to reward anyone who's on my side if i could! i offered someone here money one time to close out their affiliate account somewhere, never heard back from that person. so is it really ALL about the money? i kid you not, ill help anyone that i can possibly help, if you do what it takes!

--

Again DON"T blame cj or any other network , they are ALL guilty.

Keep your eye on the merchant. Networks accomodate their clients , their merchants. If the merchants said no , then the networks would follow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast