Questions on In-House Programs
    How are in-house programs different from merchants that use the big networks? Do in-house programs usually provide good statistics and web access to view your data? Are there any red flags when signing up with an in-house program?

superCool thanks you for any info you can provide

BurgerBoy says sometimes it works out good and sometimes bad just like if you sign up for a merchant through the networks.

On the average though I have had better luck with in-house programs than I do through a network.

Are you really a 13 year old girl??

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by supercool
    Do in-house programs usually provide good statistics and web access to view your data?
    I find this varies. Some have really lame stats and others are pretty good. You would probably have to sign up and kick the tires and then if they where acceptable go forward. I only have about 6 independents.

Super Cool Affiliate Manager IanBookMan's Avatar
    when i started i was always told to go direct of you can.
    I still believe that today.
    i'd sacrifice multiple reporting options for a direct relationship to the company.
    In good times it's the same, but when something goes bad - then it's good to have the connection. IMO

I run an in-house program. We offer a great program with many benefits. Many people like in-house better as we have a direct relationship with our affiliates

In house programs can be great. No middleman means more margin available.

The only concern I have is payment - most of my non-paying merchants have run in-house programs.
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    We run our in-house programs at http://moolamoola.com/ Our fitness equipment programs do very well and the system we use give organic links to the merchant. Commission checks are run on the 25th and mailed before the end of the month.

http and a telephoto
    My biggest merchants in the past were indys, I made a lot of money as an affiliate with them, and also lost a lot of money when my biggest converters closed without paying. Or moved to a network without paying out the indy program. (LOTS of money from GoCollect! and it is well documented that they didn't "forget" to pay and not just me)

So the biggest key with indys is track record and making sure they pay.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I hear many positive reactions to in-house programmes. From a merchant, with its own in-house program, point of view, I'm interested to hear how an in-house program can distinguish itself in comparison to networks? What is the added value of of an in-house program to an publisher?

thank you for your comments. this is about what superCool expected, some good and some bad. it looks like superCool will jump in and give a few in-house programs a test ride.

thanks again....your friend, superCool

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Are you really a 13 year old girl??
    superCool will have to check on this and get back to you

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I agree with pretty much everyone else on this. There are good and bad programs on both networks and indys. I know of some indy programs, but I would not list them by name or link on this thread. That would be inappropriate as others have paid Haiko to announce their programs so they can solicit affiliates. But you can find plenty of them here by looking through program announcements etc.

Good luck with your indy search!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Re: In-house Program
    Hi,

I've found that in-house programs offer more flexiblity and options as far as affiliate programs are concerned.

Our in-house affiliate program specifically, offers a lot of customized affiliate tools that are not available through the networks. There is also more room for negotiation and more one on one communication.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    FDC, for a program like yours you are probably going to interest individual affiliates building a white label site. If you are looking for super affiliates in verticals like search, coupon/deal and membership they are not going to work outside of a network. This is because they have developed extensive reporting and know their commissions will be paid on time. They also have relationships with the networks that take care of their concerns.

So if you are niche and people are looking for you then an in-house program makes sense. If you are in a highly competitive market then a network makes more sense.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread