E-MAIL FROM A MERCHANT
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ........For those affiliates that are just getting started, WELCOME!
    If you do not already have a site you must get one. To find out how read this and past training by Clicking Here: (Link to merchant deleted)

Affiliate Spotlight - Thanks To These Cutting Edge Performers

(INSERT LIST OF ABOUT 25 AFFILIATE SITES NOW SHOWN TO THEIR DIRECT COMPETITORS!!)

You go, you Gurus you :-)

You all are awesome! THANK YOU ALL! .........
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am no longer an affiliate with them.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

LMAO!! ... Now this was good for a chuckle.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Looks like a good candidate for an education. I'll show him the ropes..

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Your such a nice guy Andy. Don't throw the rope over a tree limb.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    You need to go back and see what has been happening with this merchant. I am one of those sites listed. A few weeks ago, an e-mail was sent out asking whether or not the sites should be included, and a majority stated that the URL's should be included.

It has nothing to do with the merchant being stupid.
    I have been a member of the affiliate program for many months, and do well with them.

There is a reason for those URL's being listed like they are. If you had been following the e-mails, you would know what it is about this particular merchant that makes them unique, and very good for being unique.

Competition between affiliates leads to success for the merchant, if it is done right.

I think that this particuar merchant has got it right.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

If he had permission from the sites, I guess it is OK. I can't check the e-mails because it is the first one I got and I won't get another, hopefully.

Tell you what, I hit the quit button right then and there. Don't think I want this merchant under any circumstances. I don't care what the excuse is.

Perhaps, some do make money with him. Who cares. Merchants are a dime a dozen. I can do better.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

ABW Ambassador
    I am great for not reading eamils. Who is this merchant?
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

www.anabolicstore.com

known as

hcmuscle.com

www.anabolicstore.com

Interesting. there actually doing pretty good for me.

Jason

xtremeshopping.org

aim: ssn jason

"Some people stay away from the door for the chance of it opening up- Billy Joel, An Innocent Man

if they had permission, im not sure whats the beef?

two years and counting.... nothing much has changed... commissions stolen daily... billions of impressions served...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> an e-mail was sent out asking whether or not the sites should be included, and a majority stated that the URL's should be included <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A majority of the general pool of their affiliates, or a majority of those whose sites were included?

Only in the second case would such a vote count for much...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    From both an SEO and community standpoint, I would enjoy seeing more merchants linking back to the "sites" that they are "sponsoring."

Of course, I waste too much time making sites for all of the stupid little local charity organizations that pollute the internet and that waste valuable marketing bandwidth.

I suspect merchants have two lists:

"We are proud to support..."

and, "these sites build the door way pages that actually bring traffic..."

ABW Ambassador
    As far as I am aware, none of the sites that are listed have complained. I certainly haven't complained about being listed.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    not a member of that program, but even if they took a vote, but I did not give permission, I would be pissed. If you check their privacy policy, they probably have something against this...though I couldn't find one. And, how nice of them to include their phone number at least three times on their front page...

Zimpy.com - Stuff with attitude!

Die Parasites Die!!

ABW Ambassador
    I got the same email but don't have any links up to the merchant. It's very nice of them tho to let everybody else know (their competition) what is working. Very good for the merchant but maybe not so good for those affiliates. And to think some of those affiliates gave permission

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

Well, I joined because this is the best way to look at the banners, linking etc. and really check out the possibilities. Imagine, this was my acceptance notice! At least, it was the first mail I noticed from them. I could have flushed the first one, as often happens, since it is usually just an autoresponse.

Dropped them like a hot potato.

SSanf- You really should give them a try I'm rocking. and there paying good. Very good :0). IF there's no complaints. I don't see anything wrong with this.. I wish more merchants would post there affiliate URLS in a email.. Anyway there not my competition because I don't sell that stuff.

Jason

xtremeshopping.org

"Some people stay away from the door for the chance of it opening up- Billy Joel, An Innocent Man

ABW Ambassador
    Jason if you ever find a merchant that you start making some serious money with and announce in a room full of affiliates(ABW) with you site in your sig, theres a good bet a lot will see what you're doing and try the same thing. There a couple of merchants i'm killing with and i wouldn't want that merchant emailing thousands of other affiliates saying "Go take a look at Trusts site, he's one of our best affiliates" It's self defeating in the end. Competition will happen naturally on its own, no need to encourage it.

And, Jason. If I showed you my site and said here's where I make money and what I do to make it, what would you do with that information?

-If I showed you my site and said here's where I make money and what I do to make it.

SSanf. Your right Never thought of it that way.....

Jason

xtremeshopping.org

If the sites on the list said it was OK to list their names/URLs, well then...OK.

Personally, I wonder why anyone would want to advertise their site to the competition. "LOOK: Here's what I'm doing on my site to make it successful! All my secrets are right here for you to take!" I find trying out new things can sometimes be the best way of finding success.

By sheer accident, you do something that converts like crazy! You're suprised at what sells, and at what you did to make it sell! You'd never discover it any other way than by sheer accident!

And if you attempt to copy another's work, it's never the same. The magic is gone.

I think the best motivator to publish is the top ten affiliate earnings. Just list the dollar amount paid out in commissions, that ought to make others take notice, if your program converts well!

Andy

I told you a very big clue to getting high SERPS. It is work and boring but imoprtant. Each and every one!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread