ABW Ambassador
    New Google Adwords Changes - Search Partners, Google Placements Etc.
    I heard about Placements yesterday - http://adwords.blogspot.com/2008/07/...gether-on.html

where you can target the Content network better but is this new too? for Search, you can choose -

Google search

and/or

Search partners which is Google Product Search, Google Groups, and search sites such as AOL and Ask.com.

I don't remember that option being there, could be wrong.

This is not new, I've used placement ads but they aren't terribly effective. You choose where you want your ads to show, create your ads and then try to guess how much it costs. Check back every day to see where they are showing and raise or lower you bid based on the results you're getting. Results are not quickly responsive to changes, it may take weeks after you up a bid to see changes in where your ads show. They ask for graphic ads (banners) and then don't show them. If you're trying to drive a slow but steady stream of untargetted traffic cheaply its OK. I use it to drive general traffic to my sites when they're getting started. Like all other ads, the amount you spend determines results as much as anything. You do get to choose demographics.

Careful in there, I targeted one site and on visiting it I found a Home Shopping forum was part of the site.

The choice for search/content has been there for a long time. Content is much cheaper, but you get a lot of surfers.

ABW Ambassador
    "The choice for search/content has been there for a long time."

Yes, but I'm talking about the 2 choices for search. Is that new or have I been missing it for awhile? Don't remember that last time I made some ads -

Search
    Google On
    Search partners On

I don't remember the Search partners part, used to be just search. Different from the Content part -

Content
    Placements you've targeted
    Other placements on the content network

"This is not new, "

Not following, it was just released yesterday according to their blog from the link above "This new feature affects your ads on the content network only, and it's entirely optional." and discussions elsewhere - http://www.webmasterworld.com/google...ds/3701131.htm
    Last edited by Trust; July 18th, 2008 at 05:47 PM.

Maybe they figured they had better do a better job after getting this guy upset:

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=209100234

-sfcom

You're right Trust, it is different, they've combined placements and keyword search which used to be either-or. Well I can only wish they had done that a few weeks ago, I'm not running any right now just because it seemed there was no way to do that and I was tired of paying for tire kickers.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I've been talking with them about the change also from when they used to show your average position on the content network and now it just reads n/a. Until last week you always saw this positioning on your campaign page in the keywords screen. Then the end of last week I noticed that it had changed to n/a on this screen.

If I clicked the summary tab, it showed the content positions. Now as of yesterday evening it also shows n/a for content position in the summary screen. I spoke with them this afternoon on that and she explained that they are no longer including content position estimates as "their partners and traffic varies daily." I'm getting the content clicks, but have no idea what positions the ads are appearing on.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread