Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Old Interface Going Away Today! Farewell Thread
    If you haven't checked out the new Dashboard and reported any bugs, shortcomings, or problems, you might want to do that soon. Rumor has it that they'll be eliminating the old interface soon.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    I've been using the old. Just logged into the new and I can't switch to my other channels and it looks like some announcement issues since I have the same one repeated 3 times. Ok working now.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    If you haven't checked out the new Dashboard and reported any bugs, shortcomings, or problems, you might want to do that soon. Rumor has it that they'll be eliminating the old interface soon.
    I have always been using the new interface since they introduced it, and it's great. I was able to get the text links with no errors that's all I need from the interface. I have other ways of getting products and deep links.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Thanks for the info - that is sad news. I only use the old interface - I have tried the new interface a few times, but it is slow and not as easy to navigate and find links.

I still use the old interface; I have no idea how to search for a particular product in the new interface.

ABW Ambassador
    I only use the old interface as well.

The new interface is so .....S L O W
    It takes forever to find what I am looking for .....
    yawn...

I also use the old interface. It's faster and I can't find product links in the new interface. I occasionally check the new interface reports but then get frustrated because they are missing the most current data.

I would use the new interface if it was faster, worked all the time and had all of the functionality of the old interface.

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't used to old interface for sometime which was pretty horrible. I love the new interface but it still needs some improvements in some areas.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Get those suggestions in about the areas that need improvement ASAP. They're listening very actively right now, as they seek to get rid of the old interface.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Michael,
    What is the best way to give Linkshare that information? I have used their support system (not for this but for other problems) and only received canned email responses with zero follow up.
    Cathy

I contacted a Linkshare representative for one of my large merchants and received a good response (doesn't sound like the old interface will go away real soon or until the new is fixed). Nothing that seems confidential in this email so I am posting it,

You are correct—LinkShare has developed the new interface with faster, more robust reporting for our publishers. We will be retiring the “classic” view in the coming months, but are constantly updating the new interface to work out any bugs. Even on the old interface, we were releasing updates every few weeks to ensure it was running properly for you.

Please feel free to pass any suggestions along, and I’ll see what I can do!
    I have compiled a list of things not working for me and am sending it to the rep.

I would also like to point out that reporting is unavailable in the new Dashboard for LS UK (always returns No Results). I submitted feedback on this & was advised to run reports using Synergy Analytics.

I can't imagine they would consider retiring the old without this functionality...

There's a "Send us your feedback!" link in the header of the Dashboard. It is an email link to <pubfeedback [at] support.linkshare.com> with a subject of "Publisher Dashboard Pilot Feedback", so I suspect that those emails get filtered and distributed to the appropriate people. Plus, I'm fairly confident that they're actively monitoring ABW, so if you post in this thread it'll probably get a look as well.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    I still use the old interface; I have no idea how to search for a particular product in the new interface.
    You use the filter box for products.

I like to new interface but it sooooooooo slow. When you click on the advertiser and the menu comes up, it gets "stuck".
    1stopshopping4moms.com
    Tired of browsing the net for what you are looking for?
    Hundreds of stores in one place with the best prices

Hi nyfamily5,
    I have used the Filter on the new interface but you can only filter by the chooses they have listed in their drop down box. I would like to say search for say "Red Jeans" or "Levi 501 Jeans" as I could do in the old interface.

Quote Originally Posted by nyfamily5
    You use the filter box for products.

I like to new interface but it sooooooooo slow. When you click on the advertiser and the menu comes up, it gets "stuck".

I would like to say search for say "Red Jeans" or "Levi 501 Jeans" as I could do in the old interface.
    Me too. If a product search is in the new interface, I can't find it.

Can you imagine trying to find one specific product at Walmart by scrolling through thousands of products?

Also on the old interface

- Click here if you are an advanced user and wish to browse the following merchant's website for a particular product:
    Gotta have that too. If a merchants data feed is out of date (which happens quite often), there is still a way to link to products with this feature.

I find that the new and old interface still show different results.

I usually default to the old interface out of habit.

BUT, based on a TIP here at ABW - If you have been turned down or had no response to merchant applications, USE THE NEW INTERFACE TO APPLY.

Acceptance in the new interface was almost immediate after several denials in the old interface.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNicoFish
    Acceptance in the new interface was almost immediate after several denials in the old interface.
    I thought you could not reapply to the same program after being turned down the first time (no option to apply) ???

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    I thought you could not reapply to the same program after being turned down the first time (no option to apply) ???
    The merchant has the option to temporarily deny you or permanently deny you. If the merchant permanently denies you, clearly you aren't supposed to be able to apply again (the merchant doesn't like you, for some reason, so why waste your time?). If the merchant temporarily denies you, you should receive an e-mail that indicates there as a non-specific problem with your application or site, causing the merchant to deny you. If, however, you correct that non-specific problem, you are welcome to reapply and hope the temporary denial won't happen again.

LS does allow merchants to modify the template for the denials, but not on the fly, so the busy manager rarely gets to offer specific suggestions to the denied publisher -- unless the publisher offers a personal appeal AND the manager is inclined to communicate on a personal level with the publisher (yes, I do, but I'm hearing I may be an exception to the rule).

Quote Originally Posted by afrayer
    The merchant has the option to temporarily deny you or permanently deny you. If the merchant permanently denies you, clearly you aren't supposed to be able to apply again (the merchant doesn't like you, for some reason, so why waste your time?)............
    The problem with a permanently deny is that after 5+ years of building your sites, traffic, sales it is so much effort to become an affiliate of these programs. It take a months of emails to try to get listed and in most cases you have to talk to Linkshare Staff who talk to the merchant then the merchant talks to Linkshare who then reply to the affiliate. And then they say we turn you down 5 years ago so we are not interested in revisiting your site.............

There's an email today titled Important LinkShare Client Survey. The survey is all about the old and new interface. Be sure to fill it out!

Done

i still use old interface too

The new interface looks like it may be better, but LinkShare is the only site on the Internet that does not work with whatever settings are in my browser. It has always been like that with IE and synergy alanytics, now I can't even log in with IE. Seems like they go out of their way to make things difficult.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast