Hey
    while organizing my computer room at home, I found my husband's old HP digital camera (photosmart 215)- took some pics of the Diesel jeans I'm selling and guess what? Couldnt find the CD with the drivers. I went to the HP site and they want me to pay $9.95 + Shipping for the friggin driver!! Meanwhile, my husband's HP printer which is about 2 months old goes insane and he calls into HP and they ask him to pay for a human being to tell him how to fix it!! What is it with HP?

Does anyone have or know where I can get the drivers for free?

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com
    The #1 Source for FREE Catalogs!!
    http://affiliates.catalogs.com
    AOL: Marifer006
    MSN: NanaVergara
    Yahoo: maria_maria_s
    eMail: Marifer@catalogs.com
    Tel: 954-659-9005

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindex...n.html?x=8&y=6

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Canon's the same way. I had problems with my Canon printer when it was still under warranty, never did get it straightened out. But out of warranty, if you want to talk to a real live person, you have to pay for it.

So...I took my Canon printer and threw it in the trash! There will be no more Canon products of any kind purchased in this household. They lost a customer due to their bad service.

Andy

Haiko:
    that is the link that takes you to the friggin order page - - arrrrggghhhh! they make plenty of money from their products that don't last - the least they can do for those that last is to provide the drivers....

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com

ABW Ambassador
    I have to agree with you but you should realize that it's usually the men who complain about bad women drivers and not the other way around.

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!
    ===============================

Marifer that is the link (that haiko provided to download the drivers) ? I'm not getting any order page.. Heck I hate HP too.. there products stink!

Jason

xtremeshopping.org

aim: ssn jason

"Some people stay away from the door for the chance of it opening up- Billy Joel, An Innocent Man

This is for XP -

http://www2.driverguide.com/uploads/...s13/12682.html

Which OS are you using?

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

hmm okay I'm getting a order form too like marifer after I try to down the driver, lands me at https://warp2.external.hp.com/Driver...ct=C8890-27100

Wierd!

Jason

xtremeshopping.org

"Some people stay away from the door for the chance of it opening up- Billy Joel, An Innocent Man

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    HP seems to have outsourced customer support to India. They used to pride themselves before the Compaq merger on quality control. Now they mass produce with the cheapest components, sucky cases and cheap keyboards building to compete with Dell and the even worse quality of a Gateway. They used to control all their manufacturing inhouse to insure a lasting first impression of HP quality. No longer as they fuel the Mass merchandizers like BestBuys and CompUSA etc.

Idiot bean counters don't realize building clones with highest quality parts, purchased at huge volume discounts, makes for few DOA's, shorter build times, standardized drivers at a few dollar more of cost. The benefits and not having to service or resell the customer far outweigh the few dollars saved.

Worse thing any computer manufacturer can do for 30 years is to provide a cheap keyboard, crappy monitor and shitty mouse. All who took that route suffered huge net losses and un-recoverable PR. Blame HP's downturn on that Female CEO who is just a glorified HR manager. Not knocking women in business in general but this one needs to take a 10 year maternity leave.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    If all you need is a driver, try downsload.com. Funny this post came up, cause a friend came over about 2 hours later and had a question about getting a driver for an ANTIQUE HP scanner. Just did a google search (HP Scanjet 4p) and up came the driver at download.com.

Jim

PS - Andy, can't speak for Canon printers, but their digital cameras are beautiful. If you ever need a good digital camera that is reasonably priced, don't forget looking at Canon's. Excellent quality, lots of features and fairly priced.

Yes, I needed a video driver that was ONLY available from HP and they NO LONGER HAD IT ON THEIR SITE. Once a great support site, now unusable. I was furious.

This is why after buying two HP computers and encouraging my mother to buy a third, I have stopped buying them and will NEVER buy another. I've switched to Dell and so have my parents, who look to me for advice on these things.

HP has already lost two computer sales from my family alone due to this. How clueless can a company be????

So I went to Bestbuy to buy one of those card readers to get the pictures out... I approaced one of the kids who work at that section and showed him the camera and told him that I needed a card reader for that card model. What was his reaction? The kid started to laugh at the camera I had - He couldn't stop laughing at how old the thing was... In my defense, I knew the camera was really old but I really needed to take the pictures for my new store.

Well.. to make the story short, my husband ended up buying me a Nikkon digital camera that R O C K S !!!!

As for HP, I am sure I never ever buy HP products.... Idiots!!!

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com

No more hP products for me.... they are worthless!

Jason

xtremeshopping.org

I thought from reading only the beginning of your initial post, that you found "something" interesting in your husband's camera...

Fred

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>You might just be a Parasite if..."You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"</font>

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread