ABW Ambassador
    Well we're taking the plunge. There is a local banquet tonight with around 500 people coming and we volunteered a bunch of door prices and will be promoting one of our online stores.

We have a display table and will be preseting ourselves to the visitors. We got a banner made up "the vinyl kind" LOL which is pretty cool and have some fliers, bumper stickers and candy to pass out as well.

Ought to be an interesting experience to say the least! Hopefully, we'll drum up some loyal customers and make some contacts that may want us to promote their products as well.

Later Gang!

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

ABW Ambassador
    That sounds neat! Let us know how it goes.

Poon:

Like Kip said, let us know how it turns out. We spend a lot on promotion (and piggyback off our newspapers). It's tough to calculate the ROI, but the bottom line results here are good!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

ABW Ambassador
    It turned out pretty good and was an interesting experience.

We were able to get some link partners, I got 1 contact that wants me to sell their items online and we got invited to another show tomorrow (similar in kind) that will have around 1000 people (which we're going to).

The biggest surprise was the cost of printing. I had a 1 page letter we were distributing basically telling people about us and our offerings and it had a color banner at the top of it. OfficeMax wanted .68 cents a copy for color copys - you gotta be kidding me! I opted for the black and white instead.
    I'll be getting my color printer ready to go again today!

At tomorrows event, I'm going to leave the Mrs alone at the table passing out handouts while I mingle around and see about establishing relationships in one form or another. The men are naturally drawn to Mrs Poon (she's a hot mamma - LOL) and she is just so sweet.

Imagine - you at an event trying to pass out flyers - how many people would tell you - I'm not interested or I don't want one? Every single person that walked past Mrs Poon took the flyer - LOL. She's an amazing women .

I'm not so sure how many of those people will really turn into a customer much less a repeat customer but along with the possibilities for other rewards, it seems like this type of promotion will be well worth pursuing.

PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

ABW Ambassador
    hey, I'm glad things went well for you...I've been curious about these types of shows for a while. My g/f just went to one to get bids for her j*b, but I have no idea how much a booth would cost...could you share that?
    As for the color copies, I'm going through the same thing. $.68/copy is actually not bad for a locally done job from what I'm finding out. I called a bunch of places today and was quoted $.99/copy!! So, I did a quick search on google and found 3 adwords ads that looked good. The company I'm going to try can be found at http://www.greatcolorcopies.com and they're offering $.15/color copies! You just send the file to them and rather than doing regular copies that can lose a lot of quality, they do digital copies, straight from the file at higher resolutions. They say they're able to offer lower prices because they own the equipment, and don't have to pay for servicing, etc. And I assume they don't have the overhead of a B&M shop..
    Anyhow, I'll let you know how it goes...may get my copies back w/in a few days...they claim to have a 24 hr turnaround, but because my .PSD is well over 5mb, I'll have to mail it, or see if they can get it off of one of my servers, or if they allow FTP to theirs.

CarSites.us - Free promotion for your automotive-related sites!

Die Parasites Die!!

ABW Ambassador
    I got my copies today and I am definitely pleased w/ the service and quality... the copies weren't quite as good as a high end ink-jet or laser printer, but I was happy w/ 'em...the paper quality was better than the standard offering around town.
    The service was the best part. I read through the FAQ and got everything I needed off of their site and called to clear up a few things, like the file size. They let me upload it to one of my servers and just emailed them the link. They downloaded it and everything was fine. The girl I spoke to didn't have all the answers, but called me back w/in a couple minutes...not once, but twice! I got the copies today, like I said, and they were well packaged. Overall, a great experience and will definitely use them again in the future

oh, btw, their turnaround is 24hrs, but it took longer because I placed my order on Thursday & they couldn't be delivered via UPS Ground until today, Monday...

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread