What's a good amount to earn for an affiliate website?
    I have found this site that pays 20 per sale that you drive to the site, is that a reasonable amount?

Im quite new to affiliate marketing and I havnt seemed to have had much luck yet with sales via adsense (Only about 5 after spending 20 on ads)

What are your recommendations on advertising affiliate links?

This is the site that pays 20 per sale, I have done 2 of my 5 sales and they paid up straight away, I cant really find any other sites that pay more than 20 per sale, can anyone recommend some for me please?

REMOVED
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 20th, 2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Easy with the link drops, especially aff links.

No Longer Banned!
    Hi chris.

Welcome to ABW my man.

20 USD per sale is pretty decent in some circles and while there may be an exception or two, you might find that higher offers will come from the private guys etc.

"Getting it" takes a little time and you are obviously on the right track. Stick with it.

Try to be careful about posting your links. I think you're probably OK here but you got like a single post and you could get into trouble with the Big H. It's never good top hit The Wall.

Good luck to you.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Thanks for the reply Steve, so this site is pretty good then? It pays $40 per sale. I dont know how far I will go with affiliate marketing as adwords seems to be costing me a fortune at the moment so Im not sure if ill end up making anything from it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex_Chris
    I have found this site that pays 20 per sale that you drive to the site, is that a reasonable amount?
    Stay away from any program that requires you, as an affiliate, to pay up front to join. You'll be sorry...
    Last edited by Boomers; July 20th, 2008 at 08:45 PM.

X

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex_Chris
    Thanks for the reply Steve, so this site is pretty good then? It pays $40 per sale. I dont know how far I will go with affiliate marketing as adwords seems to be costing me a fortune at the moment so Im not sure if ill end up making anything from it!!!
    Chris

I know lots of guys are making big money paying for ad sense and the making money off the sales they generate. These guys get LOTS of traffic for one thing and they usually have another thing on the site that makes the gravy.

I believe this was covered in class in vegas.

I won't tell you to dump it, but you should find things to sell on your site to sell too. Like toy widgets for example and have that along side your ad sense.

As far as MY understanding goes you are in a tough sport. You run the risk of getting your ass beat if your not careful. I guess this sport you are in is more for advanced users.

Thats my limited understanding of it.

While 40 USD per sale is decent indeed, it is not what you make, it's what you keep. Without knowing a few facts [which is against ABW Policy for you to divulge and I could get banned for discussing it] I can only say that 40 USD is pretty good indeed.

I agree with Boomers that unless you are an experienced user, you should either be cautious or better yet you should diversify.

ABW uses Ad Sense and while I have no clue as to the numbers the big dog here drives a lexus. Bear in mind that he too makes money from many sources, not just ad sense.

I *DO NOT* recommend you start a forum, the security is a big hassle. I am thinking you could consider a similar biz model. ~ Multiple streams of income on a single site.....

I hope this helps you in some way my friend. I wish you the very best.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

I pay a minimum of $11 per sale for my affiliate program. But you can earn up to $120 per sale...just depends on how much you sell.

You need to calculate how much money you will need to spend to make a sale. If you are generating traffic through pay per click, then find out approximately how many clicks it takes to make a conversion. If you are spending more on getting traffic than you are in commissions, then not a good product to promote. I don't care if the pay out is $20 or $2000. The numbers must add up

Some people promote $7 products and make a good living doing this. It's all about the cost per conversion
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Hey Chris,

The payout is one thing to consider, but you also want to test the affiliate product out to see how well it converts. You might find something that has a $100 commission, but it takes an average of 1,000 clicks to get a buyer.

But if you had a $20 that converted 1/20, I'd work with the product that has that 5% conversion rate.

Find the product with a sweet spot -the most commission for the least amount of work.

Good luck!

Edit: What Niche said - lol.

I always work out my EPC (earnings per click). It doesn't really matter what the commission is if the product/service or merchant has conversion problems.

Once you work this out, you'll know EPV (earnings per visitor) and can budget accordingly.
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

I think the other thing is the expectation to make a shed load of money with just one site. With the majority of us, we have several sites, some more profitable than others. It all adds up
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread