15 years and counting
    Don't work with National Trade Supply, LLC ntsupply
    Here's the (full) email I got a few minutes ago:

"On Mon, Jul 21, 2008, <tyler@ntsupply.com> wrote:
    This message is to inform you that you have been removed from the affiliate program of the merchant: National Trade Supply, LLC
    The reason given was: Conflict of marketing interests"

No signature, no explanation.
    (From SAS) Merchant provided Terms of Agreement:
    We prefer not to work with PPC affiliates, as we do extensive PPC ourselves.

Sorry, but I don't do PPC.
    I made a few sales (5 or 6) in the last few days... They are upset for what? Can I be better than them to close sales?

Needless to say, I did nothing wrong, just basic information posted on one of my sites (Yes, I've very targeted traffic) One of the orders was over $1200. I was expecting a "thank you", nope.

Don't waste your time with these idiots.

Seems like we read about the same scenario over and over again just about every day. Affiliate make sales, merchant come up with bogus reasons to not pay and/or drop the affiliate.

Sometimes I wonder how these guys sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    ...The reason given was: Conflict of marketing interests"...
    I would hope that someone there would be able to give you a better idea of why they don't want you anymore. Perhaps this just translates to "You are outranking us in the SERPS on certain keywords and it is a hard pill for us to swallow."

-sfcom

15 years and counting
    I had an answer to my email sent to these people and I must say I'm ... (I can't find the right word)

"We set up our affiliate account solely for use with PowerReviews and their Buzzillions shopping portal. I'm not sure how to disable any other new affiliates from joining, otherwise I would have."

Why did they start an affiliate program?

So, once again don't waste your time with merchants without a real AM or OPM. Some have no clue about affiliate marketing. As soon as you get sales, the problem starts.

'My gracious! We didn't mean for you to produce paying customers.'

X

Another clueless merchant, for sure. I certainly hope you find competitors' products to promote.

I recently bought a (surprisingly) great "filters" domain for reg fee. If/when I get a chance to develop it I'll know to stay clear of these guys. So, thanks for the heads up.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I think we should all sign up with this merchant. Yeah, that'd serve him right.

15 years and counting
    Brian should do something about this kind of merchants. They should not be listed. All what they want is some kind of private program. It's misleading and I'm not happy.
    They also have several companies listed under the same generic name (National Trade) at least 10, iac source, toolshop.... with the same cart, I guess. It's confusing.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    I think we should all sign up with this merchant. Yeah, that'd serve him right.
    I did shake up the guy pretty well. I was not in the right mood and he knows exactly what I'm thinking of him. It's all yours, now!!!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    All,

I spoke (by email) with the merchant - what they had originally wanted was a private program and we are setting them up with that now. They didn't know it was possible on our network, etc...

I'm sorry that your time was wasted (Zeus) but I don't think it was a mallicious act by the merchant I just think they are learning their way in affiliate marketing. We will try to help them get to the point they wanted, etc...
    Last edited by Brian - ShareASale; July 21st, 2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: bad use of the word "spoke"... meant email.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

15 years and counting
    Thanks, Brian.

ABW Ambassador
    I honestly don't understand. So you produce sales and they make money. Why would having a private program be any different?

So they only want these PowerReviews and their Buzzillions as affiliates, and no one else, is that it?

Lily

15 years and counting
    You understand it right, Aunt Lily. With a private program they can accept ONLY who they want. Now, an idiot in the company has a new power. He can decide to accept who he wants.
    Does it make sense, well I'm not sure PowerReviews is the right channel for their kind of products (mostly home improvement) but what do I know?
    I hope Brian is charging them more money to set up a private program, SAS should make less money from sales.
    I'm sure they saw my traffic was quite effective. They had second thoughts about keeping me but, it would not have been fair for other affiliates. I'm not in business to teach clueless merchants. I had my share ...

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Private programs are designed to be invitation only. Some merchants prefer to recruit their own affiliates and not have the program open to the public in order to keep closer control on who is promoting, etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Private programs are designed to be invitation only. Some merchants prefer to recruit their own affiliates and not have the program open to the public in order to keep closer control on who is promoting, etc...
    Brian,
    Do you promote this option somewhere? I don't recall reading anything or even hearing about it before.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread