View Poll Results: How long should the ABW group event be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 1 hour

4 23.53%
  • 1-1.5 hours

6 35.29%
  • 1.51-2 hours

7 41.18%
    Boston ABW Meet Up
    I was thinking about an ABW group meetup in Boston. There are many here that have never met other members in person and I think it would be a good opportunity to have dinner together or get some drinks, go bowling, have a pool party, etc.

We have helped each other get through sicknesses, financial pitfalls, cookie monsters, bad datafeeds, natural disasters, and self-made disasters. Don't we deserve to spend a little time together?

Share your ideas for the "family reunion." I know there are plenty of other events, classes, and opportunities that can fill up your schedule, but we should make this a priority. I appreciate (mostly ) everyone here and think it would be a fun time, even if just for an hour or so. Bingo anyone? Pier long jumping? Boston baked beans eating contest? Toss your ideas out there and we will do something as ABW.

-sfcom

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    I'm in! I've never been to Boston before, so can someone else suggest a restaurant close to the hotel? We could do dinner after a lobby meet up, etc.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

The schedule is filling very quickly, but I'll try to be there. When are you thinking? Saturday evening is pretty full (Affiliate Dinner and Buy.at Party) Sunday evening is the SAS Party. Is Friday too early?

Here's a Google Map of the nearby restaurants. LTK (Legal's Test Kitchen) sounds interesting.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I am gain..

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    p.s. Can i suggest it to be open from xx time till..

In the events that I organized in NYC and San Fran, there will be people popping in early while some will be late, and the goal is to have fun and meet people

Well, I only speak for myself...but I won't be there until Sunday AM and will be departing Tuesday late afternoon. I'm up for whatever time gets the most of us together, even if I can't be there when it happens. Of course, I would love to be though.

Missy made the improvement of adding the hospitality room. If all else fails, I guess that we would just have to claim a corner there on Monday night (open 9-11pm.) Even if you are attending the WMR Bash, you could still swing by. Or we could do dinner on Monday night? Like I said, majority rules though so if you have a preference or idea, let it be known here.

-sfcom

count me in!!!

Talked to a buddy of mine that is from Bean town... He said the Sam Adams Brewery tour is pretty cool....
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    This sounds like a lot of fun. I've been on here for about a year but still don't know many of the ABWers. Hoping to meet a lot more in Boston though.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I'm up for it any time on Saturday (after Aff Dinner) Sunday or Monday night... got Rox ticks on Tuesday night, so that is out.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior
    got Rox ticks on Tuesday night, so that is out.
    rox tixs? you mean soxs? if so... got a spare?
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Claiming a corner of the hospitality room any night from Sunday on is fine by me.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Just thought I'd throw this out there, breakfast is often a good time to set stuff up like this, because all the sponsored events usually happen in the evening. Plus, it's nice to chat with people over coffee, eggs and toast.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I'm game. Isn't the WMR Bash a cocktail party? Isn't a cocktail party to network and socialize? Should we just meet then.

Another suggestion is the breakfast or lunch time. Those are the times I look for new people to meet.

Affiliate Manager
    Beantown is my former hometown, so if you need any advice on restaurants, or bars... let me know.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread