Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anybody have comments on either of these two companies ? They both seem to have decent programs.

Cheers,
    Rich

GC: eBates infested, reversals for "unqualified lead" for many reasons which you will not find documented in any one place, infrequent responses to their forum posts, claims that it's cj's fault for the reversals since cj doesn't track to the correct referrer (funny how none of the other AM's claim this)... I'd say read their forum but the relevant threads there were deleted.

Watch to see if this thread is deleted, since they pay for their forum, eh?

CT: I haven't been with them long enough to recommend them, but so far I don't have any complaints.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

I've just deleted every link for gocollect yesterday actually. I got fed up of sending them traffic for nothing or at best peanuts. Lou loves ebates and will hear no wrong against them.

Like webmistress says this post will not last long, they have in the past deleted a few of my posts along with others who asked questions that they either could not or did not want to answer.

I am now with collectibles today and already I have made more sales this month than I have with gocollect even though my gocollect pages are still in the SE's.

Sorry if you don't like this Lou but the guy did ask

BTW. LOu could you please lump together mine and my wifes (Pauline) commission and forward it to me as we have no more links to you now. Thanks for the past comissions I wish you luck with ebates.

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

HOw does Pauline manage her sites while you're so busy fishing?

- - - - -

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Personally I picked CollectiblesToday. They aren't deluged in reversals, but judging by the threads in the GoCollect forum, GC *is*.

But Instead of me writing a long post, the best way for you to get an overview of the pros and cons is to read their respective forums and see the complaints and compliments for yourself.

"No"Collect's forum (okay, so an "editorial comment" slipped in due to all the reversals I've read about--and the lameola excuses for those reversals):

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...79&f=774604789

CollectiblesToday's forum:

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...9&f=1086074593

Good luck

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> claims that it's cj's fault for the reversals since cj doesn't track to the correct referrer (funny how none of the other AM's claim this <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That complete pile raises my blood pressure every time I read about it. I had to rewrite my first response (above) since it originally came out as a bunch of flames due to that effect!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Like webmistress says this post will not last long, they have in the past deleted a few of my posts along with others who asked questions that they either could not or did not want to answer.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So THAT'S what happened to the thread I was going to link to! I hardly ever looked in there (I was too busy running far far away when I read about the reversal mania) so I didn't realize it had been "cleaned" since the last peek.

There seemed to be enough complaining left, though, to get the general point across. The difference between the two companies' forums is (pardon the cliche) like night and day.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Yup, several threads were deleted.

Though they aren't the only merchant forum to do that. I'm pretty good at making threads go away with my complaints.

- - - - -

I run a site which is roughly evenly split between GC (via CJ) and CT (via Befree) in terms of product placement and price, and also traffic generated per site.

Even though it's a pretty seasonal site and there's not much activity, it's clear that CT is a bigger revenue generator.

Bottom line? EPC for CT is $3.75, for GC it's $0.25.. a gap that seems to be getting wider.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

GoCollect pretty much is a waste of time. If they have it in stock, it's reversed or returned, and that's if you can sneak a sale past the parasites!

My vote is for CollectiblesToday, although I haven't joined their program (yet).

Andy

I don't know the folks at GC, but Carolyn at Collectibles Today is a devoted and enthusiastic affiliate manager. She's pretty new to the program and has already made many very significant improvements to that program.

You can call me biased, but I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. Read the posts in their forum to see for yourself, she's great. I'm proud to work with AM's like her.

--
    scott@befree.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If a beautiful case study taking almost identical product merchants that both sucked for conversions due to allowing BHO theftware into their programs. One made efforts to get rid of the parasites, and the other sought out new BHO Dupers to work with. Nice sites for shoppers seeking retail priced giftware and collectables, but like Franklin Mint, they don't realize smart affiliates know the crowded collectables/Giftware online industry is chock full of incent marketers.

I'll hope they both decide one day to compete on conversion ratios and figure out how to pay commissions on those easy payment plans they push so well.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I agree with most of the above to varying degrees. CT feels and acts nicer, GC frequently makes me want to tear my hair out. But (at least) one thing has been ignored.

GoCollect has a wider variety of stuff that people want.

If we're talking about collectibles rather than gifts (and some people might be looking at this from a gifts rather than collectibles perspective), then you can't escape the fact that people collect specific things - not just anything you put in front of them.

In practice, there's very little product crossover between the 2 programs, and I run both of them separately and together. Although I tend to favor CT - their products go on the front pages, their promos get featured prominently - I consistently earn twice as much $$ from GC as I do from CT ... purely because of the volume they generate from their diversity.

I repeat - this is all based on targeting collectors of specific items, not sending people to sites when they're looking for "something nice".

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

I just went through and checked my GoCollect links. ALL of the products I had listed were discontinued. Who knows when.

Did I get a notice that those links were invalid?

NO.

Did I get a notice that they were discontinuing those products?

NO.

So, I've been sending them free traffic, with no hope of making any money. You can't check all of your links every week.

Don't bother with GoCollect. They don't give a cr@p about whether you make money or not. PROMOTE THEIR COMPETITION! Send them a message!

Andy

I'm known for bit$hing here about lack of sales, but the few sales I've made were via CT via Performics. Lucky pick for me.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

ABW Ambassador
    I had over 10,000 pages of GoCollect products. I started getting the traffic from Google, sending GoCollect a LOT of visitors. I NEVER had a sale, so I pulled all of the links from my site.
    I have had several sales with Collectibles Today, even though I am not as yet using their datafeed.
    GoCollect is like a vacuum, they suck in your visitors, but nothing comes back out.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I've just deleted every link for gocollect yesterday actually. I got fed up of sending them traffic for nothing or at best peanuts. Lou loves ebates and will hear no wrong against them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did this last year after wasting a lot of valuable real estate on my Christmas site. I pulled all their links except for one that I shoved to the bottom of a mediocre page.

I had the same problem with items going out-of-stock but recently started seeing numerous sales in my stats. All the clicks were coming from an outdated product link I missed removing. I'll leave it up for laughs and go sign up for CT.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Folks within a week or two I'll be introducing a collectibles program that has over 5,000 products! (They actually fulfill many orders for GoCollect.) The program will be through CJ and paying generous commission and 120 day cookies, unlimited referrals. There will be a datafeed available immediately and of course a Product Showcase Creator such as the one I created for SportsFanfare which you can find here.

Stay tuned...

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

I sent 1088 product click thrus to gocollect this month. I earned $2.15 (19 cent epc)

Mike McNabb

But don't forget according to Lou and CJ the parasites do not overwrite or divert your comish

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

Sounds good Akiva, keep em coming.

qman, I'll send you an email later today with more details. It's gonna be good!

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe it's just me then?

I actually earn reasonably well per click from GoCollect (through their own affiliate program - not CJ), and although I've recently added CollectiblesToday, I've yet to make a sale.

Granted, Google hasn't done much yet in the way of indexing the new pages, but so far I've yet to be convinced that CollectiblesToday is superior.

I'll probably know better in a month or two as the pages get into the search engines.

“There are only two settings, stun and kill...it would be best not to confuse them.”
    --Malcom Reed

Yikes ! Was I surprised to see so many replies to my post.

I'm glad I asked the question though. Because by looking at the forums it seems like the programs have similar feedback. Too bad about the deleted posts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    I sent 1088 product click thrus to gocollect this month. I earned $2.15 (19 cent epc)

Mike McNabb<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent 22500 product click thrus to gocollect this month. I earned $850 (I think that's $3.77 epc by your formula?). In house program.

I sent 4000 product click thrus to collectiblestoday this month. I earned $450. A whopping $11.25 epc - 3x the gocollect epc, but it doesn't mean I would make more by sending the gocollect traffic to collectiblestoday.

I'm not very comfortable acting as the gocollect advocate here, but it's a disservice to new affiliates to suggest that the parasite/reversal/out of stock thing we keep hearing is the whole story.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    I have only sent 128 viitors to Collectibles Today this month, and I have had 4 sales with $89.99 commission. Not bad for such a small number of visitors.
    I sent over 1,000 visitors to GoCollect with no sales, that is why I dropped them.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast