can anyone suggest a good program for getting rid of this problem I'm having..Thanks for any help

Johanna,

I run Ad Aware and SpyBot regularly, and I make sure my computer settings are set to prompt and/or disable certain functions. That prevents most of the garbage from having access in the first place.

Do you know which trojan you have? That would be helpful, as you must take different steps to clean your system with some of them.

You might also try Googling to see if someone has published a page on ridding your computer of whichever trojan you have. I run Norton Internet Security, and I'm surprised how many trojan programs attempt to get in.

It's a scary world out there.

Andy

I've actually have two... and tons of other garbage..I thought i had my pc pretty much protected..guess not good enough..just went to doxdesk. but the amount of parasites i've got Im going to be a while

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Took me 1 week to get rid of the last 2 drive-bys not identified by Ad-aware or Spybot R&D. Poor AM's having to surf some new applicants sites must need mouse rubbers for the shanky affiliates seeking nickels for posting Drive-bys within popups and unders.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

You may want to check out a piece of software called The Cleaner from a company called Moosoft. It can take care of trojans.

http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/index.php

I would like to see more posts on this matter.
    is there one program that works on ad-ware spy-ware trojans ect....
    any suggestions would be great !

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

I have a couple of computers, one that I use to test things with, the other is a newer one that is bolted down as tight as can be. I want to make sure it stays clean. Settings are all on high security, nothing happens without a prompt, so nothing is gonna get to that one. It does get tiresome clicking all the alerts that display, but I know it's not going to get infected.

Sometimes after testing various programs, and visiting certain questionable sites, I feel like I need to dunk the test computer in bleach! I'm amazed at the stuff that turns up after my excursions.

Andy

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread