Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Exclamation Someone signed us up for a program we didn't join!
    We belong to pepperjamNETWORK only for merchants that we need to fill a gap in stores that we create using PopShops. We will only join a merchant if they offer a data feed and it is available through PopShops and we need to fill a particular page, etc that we are creating. We turn down all private offers to join a program if they don't offer PopShops.

I just got a "Welcome" e-mail from BackCountry Edge on pepperjamNETWORK. Who??? I didn't join them. They aren't on PopShops. Can't find anywhere to drop a merchant. Great - just what I need is someone signing me up for merchants that I don't plan on promoting!
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

I'm sure this is just one of many surprises you will get working with Pepperjam. Although I believe that other networks allow merchants to "auto approve" which may or may not be the same thing. Good Luck!

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    That's probably because when you join pepperjam ALL UR INFORMASHUN BELONGS 2 PEPPERJAM (and any merchant on their system).

Want to throw your privacy out the window?...well you know the rest.

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I received a "welcome" email from indiDenim and sure enough, when I checked my Pepperjam account there they were in my list of partners. I'd never heard of them, nor had I ever received an offer of any kind.

I replied to the email and CC'd my account rep and management (not that it will do any real good). And I removed my affiliation in the "manage relationships" area - where it now shows "inactive."

Strange.

Every merchant's mealy mouthed little program manager sitting in a cubicle, a home office, or a Starbucks can "browse" every last one of PepperJam's affiliates. Not only can they browse the list, they can open a window and view ALL your information including your email address AND your website[s]. Get ready, the onslaught is just beginning.

PS. No offense intended for program managers. Just rhetoric to stress a point...
    Last edited by Ed Byerly; October 17th, 2008 at 07:41 PM.

X

And what about Joe Littlemerchant and his partner Bob who signed up with Pepperjam because Pepperjam practically gave the service away to get people to sign up. And when their boingy bong what's it's attracted no affiliates the conversation goes something like, "hey Bob, wudaya wanna do now? Hey, let's be affiliates. Wudaya wanna sell? I dunno. Howbout we take a look around at Pepperjam affiliates and see what they're doin? Ya! While yer atit, jot down all those emails. Ya know, ya cun get money fer those!"
    Last edited by Ed Byerly; October 17th, 2008 at 11:25 PM.

X

How about those affiliates still waiting for approval for many merchants, yet they are shoving other merchants down the throats of affiliates?

Does anyone know if there is a way to cancel my affiliate account with Pepperjam?

I signed up with them in a fit of excitement over their online hype just a couple of days before they were discussed here at ABW.

I've never used their services or advertised any of their merchants, to my knowledge.

But in light of some of the things I've read around here, and in light of this thread even, I am really not comfortable maintaining any connection to PJ.
    Generate more fake news.

maybe just log in and correct your profile?

I don't mind a merchant making me an OFFER if they feel one of my sites might be a good fit for their products. But I DO mind instantly being signed up without a shred of prior communication.

And Lord knows I don't need any more spam. So Pepperjam management people, if you're reading here, do the right thing and take email addresses out of the loop for everyone to see. Please.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Does anyone know if there is a way to cancel my affiliate account with Pepperjam?

I signed up with them in a fit of excitement over their online hype just a couple of days before they were discussed here at ABW.

I've never used their services or advertised any of their merchants, to my knowledge.

But in light of some of the things I've read around here, and in light of this thread even, I am really not comfortable maintaining any connection to PJ.
    I had to email them and ask them to close my account. Like you I signed up after they opened their forum to see what was up and got a constant stream of emails to join, that they added me, for new "offers" and the only way to get off the email list was to close my account. After it was closed I got another email and raised hell and then they took me off all email lists. I also got recruiting emails RIGHT after I closed it to get me to come back.

My transparency rating was only 4 also, have no clue how you would get to a 5 since I gave them all my info. That baffled me.

There is no way within the interface to close your account or unsub from emails.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I would like to learn how Pepperjam works?

Just the other day, I had a new PJN merchant brag to me that they've had hundreds of affiliates per day "sign up" for their program since they joined. That seemed extremely high to me, but now it makes sense.

I haven't signed up at PJN, but have tried to keep an open mind. The more I hear, thoguh, the less impressed I am.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I need to correct my posts above. I double checked my comment about your email address being visible to merchants on PJ. I believe that was incorrect. It appears that merchants have to contact you through the PJ interface. However, your site addresses ARE visible, so they WOULD be able to contact you through your website.

X

Well, anyway. I don't want to get too paranoid about it. But I did send PJ a "Contact Us" message via their contact page telling them I would like my account closed.

I'll see what happens. That was yesterday evening and so far nothing, but then it's the weekend, so perhaps few people are mind the store(s).
    Generate more fake news.

Admin Note: Jason's and subsequent postings have been split off to http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=111911

It happened again and with the same merchant - INDIDENIM. I got a "welcome" message yesterday saying I'd joined their affiliate program. And once again, I went into my account and manually REVOKED the relationship with them today, as well as sent a message to publisher support about this.

Get a clue indiDenim! Affiliates would like to CHOOSE who they wish to promote and do business with themselves! So far this is the only merchant this has happened with.

I have had this same merchant do it to me three times now. I did the same as you and revoked it and sent the merchant an e-mail.

I did learn from another merchant that they misunderstood the termnalogy(sic). When you revoke the merchant, the affiliate is listed as inactive instead of decline. The merchant thought that there was a problem when he saw inactive and would change it to active generating another "Welcome" e-mail. He now understands and will leave it alone. They need to add a "Affiliate Declined Invitation" button or something like it.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Third offense today - I just got this email from indiDenim ...

Dear Joyce,

Welcome and thank you for joining the indiDenim Affiliate Program. We are looking forward to establishing a very profitable and successful relationship with you.

Now it's just getting to be a GAME. Or someone has read the forum and is just doing this to annoy me. I guess this time I'll leave it and just be inactive (????).

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

I can't BELIEVE IT!! For the umptenth time I HAVE NO INTEREST IN INDIDENIM. STOP SIGNING ME UP.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

As a follow-up to post #15 above -- A couple of days after I posted that, I got an email from a PJN rep telling me my account had been canceled, thanking me for trying PJN, and telling me to contact her at any time in the future, should I decide to return.

So they really did respond to the Contact email I sent them -- and I haven't received any email from them since the one telling me I was outta there.

But as for this repeated sign-up problem you guys are having with the merchant -- that's just unreal!
    Generate more fake news.

I have the same issue at Linkshare. Plus I have channels that are deactivated that keep getting signed up for programs. Is it the network or the merchants? If the merchants are able to do this kind of thing there needs to be safeguards put in place.

After the last one earlier in the week I sent an e-mail to the merchant asking them to stop it. No response. After yesterday, I found another contact for the merchant and sent them an e-mail along with support at PJ. I don't know if that will help.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup
    I can't BELIEVE IT!! For the umptenth time I HAVE NO INTEREST IN INDIDENIM. STOP SIGNING ME UP.
    Amen to that!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    I have the same issue at Linkshare. Plus I have channels that are deactivated that keep getting signed up for programs. Is it the network or the merchants? If the merchants are able to do this kind of thing there needs to be safeguards put in place.
    I can tell you that it is not on the merchant side. I have managed a few ac on Linkshare and I have not found the hidden key to add affiliates who are not in the program or force affiliates to join. I am assuming that it is a bug..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast