My first time using tracking202, have some problems please help
    hi everyone

below is the email I wrote to tracking202 team, they haven't replied me it and it is quite urgent, so if anyone can help please

Hi tracking202 team

I just started using the tool.After watching all the video and set up some campaigns, I found that

- I need to go through the process of creating every text ad in order to generate a destination URL tracking link. And this is near impossible if I have lots of adgroups and most adgroups will have 2 text ads. So are there any better ways that I can make this process more effiecient? something like export all the already created text ads from Google adwords editor to tracking202, then assign the destination url. And i use a tool like EfficientPPC, which creates thousands of adgroups and text ads, it is quite efficient indeed, but how can i use it better with tra

- Also, could you please explain to me what to do with CJ after I have the campaign started? So far, this is how I understand tracking202 (correct me if i'm wrong)

1. after setting up the affiliate campaign and landig page, i get the code to put on the landing page, this code will assign unique subid which tracks the traffics

2.then i gotta write text ad and for each ad I can generate a desination url to put in the adword campaign. (again, i don't see any tool to do it in "mass", creating each ad is crazy when you have hundreds of ad)

3. The destination code is something like http://www.besthotproduct.net?t202id=5180305&t202kw= and for google adword I need to put {keyword} right after kw=, so tracking202 can track the keywords. And I assume I need to put the as the destinaton url for the text. However, should I add this as the keyword destination URL or leave keyword destinaton url blank?

4. After this, I should be ok to upload the campaign.

What to go from there?
    I have test click the affiliate and actually purchased something from my link to see if tracking works. I can see it is recorded in tracking202, but how do I check the SID detail in CJ? And does CJ report all the clicks with SID or they only show the ones that converted?

Lastly, in tracking202, what is filtered out click? i have a lot of these in the report, is that a bad thing?

I thank you in advance for reviewing my questions and hopefully provide me with some good answers.

Regards
    Vic

I had never heard of this product before, and I can find no reference to it on ABestWeb. It sounds as if you've identified a nice list of reasons not to use it.

Just because its not on abestweb doesn't mean it shouldn't be use.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaRevenue
    No, but did you read the original post? The OP gave plenty of reasons not to use the product. Can you shed any additional light on the product? And do you really think anyone cares after 5 months? And why are you responding to a 5 month old post anyway? And who....never mind.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

lOL happy thanksgiving rematt
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    No, but did you read the original post? The OP gave plenty of reasons not to use the product. Can you shed any additional light on the product? And do you really think anyone cares after 5 months? And why are you responding to a 5 month old post anyway? And who....never mind.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

-rematt
    Hey Rematt,

He didn't give reasons. He had questions which needed answers. There are solutions to the questions he asked. Simply because he needed help doesn't mean the product is bad or good. There is a reason why practically every product or service out there has support.

Regarding the five months, I just saw the post and responded. Maybe no one does care and it doesn't matter, I was simply stating my opinion which is neither meant to be positive or negative.

In any regard, Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by affiliaterealm
    below is the email I wrote to tracking202 team, they haven't replied me it and it is quite urgent.....
    Since I've only heard of this product in a single post, and since there appears to be several unanswered questions regarding the usability of the product, and since I haven't felt a void by not using their application it's reason enough for me to not use the product. I could be missing the boat, but I don't think so.

There are solutions to the questions he asked. .
    Then please help the OP. Apparently you have some insight into the product that he is lacking, and that's what this forum is all about; helping each other solve problems and find solutions.
    Simply because he needed help doesn't mean the product is bad or good. There is a reason why practically every product or service out there has support.
    And poor support is the reason that many otherwise good products fail. It really doesn't matter how good a product is if users can't figure out how to get it to do what it was designed to do. What good is 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds if you can't figure out how to start the damn car.

Now BananaRevenue, don't get me wrong. I really don't care about this product and I really don't want to get sucked in to a long debate over a product that I don't think you care about either. And frankly I don't believe the OP cares any more either since that was his last post here on any subject. However, what you fail to realize is that many of us do rely on reviews, experiences and information from other ABW members to help us to choose programs, tactics and solutions that we want to work with. If I have to choose who to trust in this industry, you better believe it's among these ranks. And if I find something that helps me mange my business more efficiently, you better believe I'm going to share it with ABW.

So in answer to your original post on this subject:

Out of 49,836 members, I have to believe it were any good, someone among the membership would know about it and would have offered some help to the OP. The fact that the only post about the tool is from a perplexed user seeking support from ABW because his questions went unanswered by the publisher does not bode well for the application.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Tracking202 and Prosper202 (the self-hosted, open-source version) are both pretty big at the moment. I'll agree with BananaRevenue that just because it's not been discussed here on ABW, it doesn't mean the program is a dud. This is huge right now with a lot of people who strictly run PPC campaigns, and they just aren't represented on ABW as much as on some other forums. On another forum, Prosper202 is pretty much the biggest thing to happen to the affiliate industry in the past year or so, and there is a ton of support for the product. You'll hear about PopShops here, but you'd never hear that at this other forum - ABW does not have a representative mix of what is in the affiliate realm these days, as CPA networks have taken a large share in the industry now.

For those using Tracking202 or Prosper202, they do have their own support forum at http://prosper202.com/forum/ - As you can see, there's quite a lot of activity there.

As for how to get Tracking202 to work with CJ, you need to use their sub-id feature, and import the transaction report from CJ into Tracking202.

For anyone interested in Tracking202/Prosper202, it looks like they're going to be at the ASW 09 meet market.

Joshua I will very seldom give any credence to a one or two time poster that defends a program that I've never heard of or seen mentioned here on ABW. However, since I've seen many of your posts here and respect your opinion, I stand corrected. It's quite possible that this is a program that is worth looking into.

-rematt

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread