ABW Ambassador
    I'm goign thru CJ merchants and noticed that onlinesports has a 64.60 charge-back percent..

they fit really well in my site and a 10% commision ain't bad.. but should I even consider them with that charge-back %???

Javi [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---
    "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more luck I have." -- Thomas Jefferson

A lot of those sports-clone merchants only take US affiliates anyway. There's 4 or 5 identical programs, mostly starting with a * in the name to try to get more signups.

Меня зовут Динаму

Stay away from any merchant that has a reversal rate of more than 10%. 65% is BS.

ABW Ambassador
    The CJ reversal rate is very misleading and they should change it. It works on transaction volume NOT percentage of transactions so you never get an accurate feel.

Also you don't know what percentage of reversals go where. For example, it would be great to see how many were

a) duplicate transactions
    b) fraud
    c) Actual product returns.

-wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Advanced & Automated Data Analysis for Performance Marketers.

quote:
    Also you don't know what percentage of reversals go where. For example, it would be great to see how many were

a) duplicate transactions
    b) fraud
    c) Actual product returns.

You have a point Wayne. But if the merchant has their sh*t together the only thing affiliates would need to be concerned about are returns and possibly buyers remorse- cancelling before shipment. My origonal post stands. Any merchant with a reversal rate of over 10% is not worth putting on ones site. Either the merchant is being dishonest or has not put the mechenisms (sic) into place to deal with fraud or duplicates.

65% is outragious no matter what the reason is.

In my experience their reversal rate is more like 80-90%, but I am stuck with them since their selection is by far the best.

In fact I am still a huge user of OnLine Sports, even with the reversals, I'm making +$2000 a month with them. This week they locked a sale for me that had been extended from last month (actually it was an August 30th sale they bumped up to Sept. 1st to give themselves an extra month to extend it - but that's another post) that was worth $356 to me! I was sure they would reverse it, as they reverse about 99% of any transaction over $400.

Bottom line is if I could drop them I would, but they are the only option in many cases, even though I don't fully trust them.

ABW Ambassador
    Steer clear of 65% reversals, and it does not even matter what the reason is. There are plenty ways of making the % look better, so in reality it might be even worse.

Why take a chance as we get into the holiday period?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread