ABW Ambassador
    There are somethings I just gotta clue some of you in on...

By this time of the year, your affiliates have finished the vast majority of their holiday promotional pages, and have loaded them on the server. Why the hell do some of you start updating your sites, and changing urls, and image urls, and sku's, upc's and all that other stuff, AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR???!!!!!!!

My golden brick awards for this quarter are going to...

TigerDirect (great way to start a relationship eric, with informing everyone they gotta change out all their frigging product ads) Is this guy Andys replacement? You should have had Andy send that email, so we could blame him!

Wai Lana Yoga - I get blank pages, as of this post. I could have swore they just got through "updating" their frigging product catalog?! and site. You just sent an email to your affiliates getting all excited about an incentive offer. One message at their site says, "store closed until 3 AM" (wtf?!). An online store, closed? bull shit

And of course, I am expecting Gift Services, inc. to pull their annual bullshit stunt at this time of the year. Their image urls have to be checked frequently, or else I get pages with no images showing. Last year they did this big ****ing update, and I had to change and replace a gadzillion links/products. I beleive they did this the year before, too.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

Gift Services, inc

I'm with you Big Chuck on that company!

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>
    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can somehow become great-Mark Twain"

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, yeah, I do have some positives, too.

Thanks goes to sportsfanfare.com, and half.com (ebay, too) for their smartlink form. good tool. I hope others follow suit. Allthough I wish half.com would change their commission structure from 5 bucks for unique sign-ups to a percentage. I don't make commissions with half.com anymore, as it appears that most people who actively shop online have started an account with them.

Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

Wasn't Half.com going to be closing down this fall? I was sure I had heard that last spring, that eBay was going to discontinue it.

Found it, guess it is in 2004:
    http://www.blogcritics.org/archives/.../25/195533.php

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

A perfect case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Merchants should know the time to make changes is during the summer months, when things are slower. This also gives them time to correct mistakes and tweak things before their affiliates gear up for the Holiday season.

Really makes you wonder how long some of them have been in business, doesn't it?

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Chuck:
    Thanks goes to sportsfanfare.com, and half.com (ebay, too) for their smartlink form. good tool. I hope others follow suit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Others will be following suit If you think a merchant would be interested, send them to www.affsolutions.com. There are some in the queue already

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

dont flame me here but if these are product merchants, isnt it likely that there WILL be a lot of changes especially because of the holiday season?

i know that for me, i havent even gotten lists of holiday products from my vendors yet, so that means my site doesnt even have holiday products yet OR the new images OR the new pricing....

honestly, id never even think of doing my holiday sites this early.... its like, october 2nd

i know the early bird catches the worm, but the early bird also misses all the late worms and you know how worms are always late!

ABW Ambassador
    I didn't do all my holiday pages yet either.

What do you guys think will be the hot products this year?

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Chuck:
    Oh, yeah, I do have some positives, too.

Thanks goes to sportsfanfare.com, and half.com (ebay, too) for their smartlink form. good tool. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's a smartlink form?

Carolyn Tang
    Affiliate Manager
    CollectiblesToday.com
    e: ctang@collectiblestoday.com
    p: (847) 581-8939
    f: (847)581-8922
    Yahoo IM: carolyn_collectiblestoday

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What's a smartlink form?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The form that is made available to generate product links. In the CJ account manager they are titled, "smartlink". Go here to view the smartlink form (Product Showcase Creator) for SportsfanFare.com affiliates.

Big Chuck

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimbo2002:
    I didn't do all my holiday pages yet either.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You're kidding, right?

Big Chuck

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigTop:
    honestly, id never even think of doing my holiday sites this early.... its like, october 2nd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>and, your kidding around, too?

Big Chuck

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck, I agree that merchants should have their christmas' lines live well before now to ensure that affiliates ain't sending traffic to dead pages.

As regards to getting your own promotional pages up now - hmm...depends. If these are new pages not yet in Google - get them up now as you might need the anchor text and PR boost to get them ranking where they belong. If you are just re-optimizing already existing pages that have PageRank and links, wait until mid November. The freshness of the pages will give enough of a boost until early December at which point you can tweak them slightly again for the big rush. No point re-optimizing already existing pages now, though, as you'll end up swamped by new pages come December and find you've no room to maneouvre...manoever....change things.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    oops... edited/deleted. double post.

ABW Ambassador
    Right-O Marky Mark! I cranked out a bunch of new pages for the upcoming season, already. Updating existing pages is year around, with merchants changing networks, and all. Of course, this is coming from someone who uses ads for content, exclusively.

Big Chuck

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimbo2002:
    I didn't do all my holiday pages yet either.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You're kidding, right?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about Jimbo, but most of my merchants don't even have any holiday stuff out yet. It's hard to make pages out of what doesn't exist!

My Christmas spike usually comes from things I already had up, only during the shopping season it sells more. And a few product lines sell only a few items all year except for November and December.

As for special "holiday pages," (with Christmas-y products) I haven't made any yet either. In fact, thanks for posting your remarks because there is one product line I was going to hit and I had completely forgotten about it!!!

I wonder if any merchants have It for sale yet...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread