ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    A Thoughtful Reminder to All ABW'ers, Your Friends & Family
    Hey everyone,

Below is a picture of my close girlfriend, Lynette.

She is 31 years old and a mother of 3 children, with her youngest, Joey, just two. Joey is a couple months older than my li'l guy, Chase, so Lynette and I went through pregnancy together and shared our crankiness with each other.

About 3 weeks ago, Lynette felt a lump in her breast and went to the doctor. Three days later she was diagnosed with breast cancer. It turns out, that after further testing last week, the doctors found that the cancer had already spread to her lymph nodes and to her other breast.

She is scheduled for a double mastectomy on August 10th with her chemo treatments starting the week that Team Affiliate Marketing walks their 60-miles in Seattle to raise funds for the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure.
    What makes this story something that I want to share with everyone is the fact that Lynette is very healthy. She is an avid runner, in excellent shape, has no history of breast cancer in her family, has never smoked a day in her life and is not subject to second hand smoke on an ongoing basis.

Because she is under 40, and does not have a family history of breast cancer, her doctor would have never sent her for a routine mammo. Her lump went undetected in her self-evaluations, although she readily admits she hadn't done them on a regular basis.

I urge all of the women reading this to please check yourself TODAY and get scheduled for your yearly mammo --- especially if you are like me and have put it off! (I went last week for mine finally after being 4 months late).

For all the men reading this -- please remind the women in your life to check themselves and don't forget -- this disease affects men as well. It doesn't hurt to give yourself a quick check -- especially if there is a family history.

This year, as Team Affiliate Marketers Worldwide take to the streets of Seattle, we will be walking in honor of my friend Lynette. She is a very strong woman, but the extra support of the team behind her, I hope it makes things even one degree easier for her.

I will also be walking in honor of Melissa Salas' mom who fought this disease and is now in remission for 3 years.

Lastly, I would also like to take one moment to ask that if you can donate to Team Affiliate Marketing's walk for the Cure, to please do so. Every penny counts, so no matter the size of your donation, it is greatly appreciated.

You can do so, right online by visiting 60-milewalk.com

Thank you all and G-d bless.

-Missy
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

our prayers are with you and your friend.

Missy,

Thanks for standing with your friend in such a tangible way. Here's a special scripture for you Missy:

Proverbs 18:24 "Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family."

I also thank you for calling us to pray. Here's a copy of the prayer I'm lifting up for Lynette and her family:

Heavenly Father,

I pray for healing for Lynette...in her body, mind and spirit. I pray that You would bless her with courage, and that she would not be afraid. I speak peace into Lynette. I come asking You to bless her with faith. I pray that You would renew her strength. Lord, by Your great power and might, I ask You to bless Lynette with a renewed sense of Your Holy, healing presence -especially as she undergoes the treatment. I pray that You would protect her children and loved ones from fear or dispair. Put a hedge of your protection around her Lord God.

I pray that You would protect Lynette's finances during this time of healing as well. Be with the Affiliate Team Marketers as they walk on behalf of Lynetter and others.

I lift up this prayer in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Oh Missy, I am so sorry that your friend has to go through something like this. Who would have thought she was at risk, and such a young woman, with 3 young children. I am sure it will be hard to focus on things going on at the Summit as your friend is going through her surgery. If I can help you in anyway, Just let me know. I can take on any task you need me to.
    I am a person that can relate to cancer, as my first husband passed away at 20 years of age, he was my high school sweetheart, we married right out of high school, with many plans for the future. We found out 1 week after our wedding he had a brain tumor. It isn't an easy fight, yet you can never give up hope. There is so much research and many have been cured. I just prayer for her and her family. She is so beautiful and young, she deserves to see her children grow up. I can not think of a more devistating diagnosis than to be told you have cancer, when you have so much to live for.
    Honest, If I can help in any way at the Summit, or to get ready for the Summit please let me know.

Thank you all for the prayers, kind words and your support. I've passed them on to Lynette.

I really want this to serve as a reminder for everyone to check themselves out. Just a few minutes of time, once a month really helps. Early detection is the key.

Take care of you and your loved ones.

-Missy
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com

Early Detection For Breast Cancer
    Hi there - first time poster here. Im Suzie from New Zealand and I just wanted to say that I admire what you are doing Missy, to help the fight against breast cancer.

I, like many other women, have had experience of a friend with breast cancer. It inspired me to learn more about breast exam, breast education and breast awareness. Earlier this year I decided to build a website to help educate women (and men), to empower them, and to encourage them in a down to earth manner thats easy to understand - hopefully . I hope to eventually be a sort of "one stop shop" on breast basics.

Its a steep learning curve, but Im really enjoying the process. Im going to be looking at possible ideas for being an affiliate for appropriate businesses.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Suzie
    Suzanne Early

Hey Suzanne,

Welcome to ABW. I'm glad to have your first be in this thread

I'm hoping that if I get one person to check themselves on a regular basis, that's one person that I might have helped out.

Thanks for your words and I wish you a lot of luck with your sites.

-Missy
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread