ABW Ambassador
    I tried adsense and do not see any difference between showing banners on my site or google adsense. My sites are only visited by targeted consumers, because I only have targeted links and banners on my website. e.g. if a customer searches for hats in google, he finds my website and on my website are only links to merchants selling hats. Why should I use adsense to direct my visitors away to merchants I am not affiliated with?

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    You shouldn't. If you do a sales site right you should be converting and making money. If you have a site thats getting some traffic but not converting it's worth a try. I wouldn't personally use it on my sales site. In the end whichever way makes you more money.

ABW Ambassador
    I use it on my sales site, and I make good money from Adsense. I also do well with certain merchants. I do not put adsense on those pages that convert well. However, I do place adsense on pages that have traditionally been poor performers, for me.
    I now make more with Adsense than with anything else. I still made almost $11,000 overall in September, so adsense and sales sites can go together.
    You just have to be careful.
    A lot of people search for something specific, but yet still don't buy from a site. Google adsense is a good way to earn money from those people that didn't find what they were looking for on your site.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Here's a few ways I use AdSense:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>On a content site.
    <LI>On a page with very poor conversions but decent traffic.
    <LI>On a holding page created for an upcoming product where it's not for sale yet.
    <LI>On US-orientated sites that get a high proportion of non-US traffic.[/list]

The last one is a sneaky one. Basically if the visitors are coming from Europe but your merchant only ships to the US, AdSense can detect their country of origin an offer more relevant ads.

However, it is clearly daft to offer competitor ads on an income generating sales page.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    If you have been doing this long enough, you know which merchants perform well for you, and at what time of year they perform.
    So you put Adsense on pages that do not generate income for you, but that have traffic coming to them.
    Adsense can be very lucrative. However, it could also kill your sales if you are not careful.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread