Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37
  1. #1
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    The Jason Rubacky Files..... A thanks To the Good Guys !
    I was talking to Jason today. After 600 posts dedcated to helping the community; Heres a few thoughts:

    While I am here, I want to acknowledge those who have helped me a great deal here. This is a list as I think of them. Some of you will send me mails flaming me, some will just ignore me, I guess, but just the same Jason made a statement to me today and I thought how pretty much no one has ever done that for any one I can think of, then I thought about how he is right. So here goes:

    Haiko De Poel. While the Summit leaves gaps, it was and still is the best gift I have ever had. I deeply Appreciate it. Thank you dude. It's been great to be able to lean on "The Wall".

    Mark Welch. You and Donuts are like the 2 smartest people I know. You are very professional in your actions and are a decent guy. Your insights are rather thought provoking.

    Donuts. You and I may never meet. Still your honesty sincerity and willingness to pitch in when I had a question is the thing thats made all the difference at times.

    Jason Rubacky. You did the most anything for me. really. Just talked, shared ideas. and were willing to help even after I said I no longer wanted it. If all ABW'ers were like you, I'd sponsor the entire ASE & ASW on my dime, rooms included. For any one who has a need to git er done, JASON RUBACKY IS THE MAN YO!. You never told me HOW TO DO IT, you just shared ideas with me. No questions. No flames or mistrust. No games. No BS. No sending me messages saying you can't wait to see me get kicked off ABW. No disrespect. That to me is priceless. Thanks

    Scott.You have spent hours on the phone with me, and at the conventions. For some reason you and I are on very different wave lengths. Strange indeed. You have told me time and again that you will be there for me, at no charge, any time I need it. You are a world class guy Scott. Thanks. See you in Boston bro.

    Aunesty. You taught me that the road to wealth is littered with those other things that are not strictly biz/ shop related. It is rather unfortunate that some people are not strictly transaction based. It happens, I guess. You taught me, thank you.

    OTProf. You have pitched in the most perhaps on the posts. Thanks.

    HG. You are hard to describe in words. Thanks for helping me. I'll Never Forget it.

    Geno. I bought your book. It is very well written. My very first taste of some one that speaks my language. I forgot how to say thanks in russian. So just Thanks

    Alex. You have inspired my designs more than anyone I have ever met. I frequently look at your work around the net. If my work ever results in royalty checks, then Merry Christmas my man.

    The guy with the up side down question mark. you to the rescue. My Best to you.

    Dan Clark.I know you really don't like me much. To be honest, I really don't care at all, you are a very very smart guy and I read and have read nearly every post you are in since I joined. You are not right all the time, then again who is ?, yet you are right on the money. You've been very educational. Even if you do think I am a Black hat Crybaby, Thanks. The last time you posted in my thread {Code help} you helped me a lot. I really appreciate that a great deal my man. Thank you.

    Drastic. I see great things are possible at ABW cuz of you. Thanks


    Bill. You have been the most straight forward guy here. Very simple. Thanks for showing me on tape that it is possible indeed.

    Mike. As insignificant as I am to you, I do in fact remember you. I was walklng the other day and saw a guy with a baseball cap with cow spots and thought of you. I was wondering IF I could give it to you in Boston ?

    Ed. Thanks. Just thanks. I am glad your around.

    MC. Sup Mike. Thanx for the tix. I hope you'll allow me to buy you a beer some day. ~ IN Mansfield. Sometimes the best things are the small things. You sure have my thanks.

    Whew !. My gosh I'm tired. I'll finish later.

    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; July 28th, 2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: edited title @ users request......
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

  2. #2
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Location
    Colorado / Florida
    Posts
    4,411
    "Mark Welch. You and Donuts are like the 2 smartest people I know. You are very professional in your actions and are a decent guy. Your insights are rather thought provoking."

    Man, you must have a very small circle of acquaintanceships Steve! You need to expand your horizons!! LOL x 3
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

  3. #3
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    "Mark Welch. You and Donuts are like the 2 smartest people I know. You are very professional in your actions and are a decent guy. Your insights are rather thought provoking."

    Man, you must have a very small circle of acquaintanceships Steve! You need to expand your horizons!! LOL x 3

    Hey Al. Sup man ?

    Nah man, I'm beat. Besides, I just left you out so you'd get jealous !

    Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

  4. #4
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Location
    Colorado / Florida
    Posts
    4,411
    Nah, you covered me. You said they were the smartest people you know. You don't know me, so of course that would apply!! Oh well, on to the daily think tank that is me! hehehe
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador Doug247's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    DE USA
    Posts
    931
    I have to agree. Jason is doing a great job with the football fanatics program. He seems to understand the what affiliates want and need and is quick to respond. Thanks Jason!
    Thanks,
    Doug

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Lotsa good stuff in your opening post, Steve. I appreciate all that, as it helps me remember all those great folks and others here who've really, REALLY been helpful to me.

    Good idea to count our blessings and state our gratitude, for sure!

    And as for Jason, absolutely. There can't be an affiliate manager who works any harder than Jason, is there? (There are many other good one's too, but none who work any harder at doing what affiliates need than Jason.)

    What he's done with that Football Fanatic datafeed is a work of art. I'm just getting ready to go live with a site utilizing that and he's got far and away the easiest to use categories I've seen in any datafeed. Whoo-Hoo, for Jason!
    Generate more fake news.

  7. #7
    ABW Ambassador Boom or Bust's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Well, I suppose had I been a little kinder recently I would have fared better than honorable mention on "Steve's List". As not everyone can be as cordial and astute as I perhaps humility serves me better. Steve, I do believe your heart is in the right place, and nothing else REALLY matters...



    X

  8. #8
    Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Winter Park, FL
    Posts
    6,930
    Nice post Steve. And hey, call Mom, she said she needs to talk to you about which cereal you like better or something. And don't eat my Fruity Pebbles either Bro, you know how I get without my F-Pebs.

  9. #9
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Well, I suppose had I been a little kinder recently I would have fared better than honorable mention on "Steve's List". As not everyone can be as cordial and astute as I perhaps humility serves me better. Steve, I do believe your heart is in the right place, and nothing else REALLY matters...
    You Know damn well you are on that list. I just was too tired to write anymore. Sorry for the short mention. My Bad.

    Not to worry. I will be in the drivers seat some day. I bet you'll be right there helping me get there in some small way. I got the talent. I just need to fill in the blanks.

    Thanks

    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; July 28th, 2008 at 08:10 PM.
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

  10. #10
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Nice post Steve. And hey, call Mom, she said she needs to talk to you about which cereal you like better or something. And don't eat my Fruity Pebbles either Bro, you know how I get without my F-Pebs.

    No sweat man. I'm coo koo for cocoa puffs 10 ?

    This time, when I see you, skip the santa photo bro. I was trying to just say thanks then too.

    Thanks for the time and thanks for the great posts. No matter what anyone thinks, every little bit helps.

    See you in Boston. Ya know. Come to think of it. Like Blue Berry
    Dunkin' Donuts. They are based in Boston. I think perhaps I'll eat a few Donuts too.

    Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

  11. #11
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Location
    Colorado / Florida
    Posts
    4,411
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    You Know damn well you are on that list. I just was too tired to write anymore. Sorry for the short mention. My Bad.
    So you wait until you aren't tired and then finish the work before you post it!! Would you put up a web site before it is finished? Would you go live with a PPC account before you had keywords or bids set? Would you post a blog before it is finished and tell visitors to fill in the blanks? Are you seeing the pattern here gumby?

    Based on your "too tired" reasoning for posting an incomplete work, saying that you "have the talent and just need to fill in the blanks" would be like a developer saying they have a great piece of land to build a city on, but just need to fill in a few blanks (as in -the Grand Canyon) to get it done! How I would not be at the top of any / every list of intellectuals escapes me, but then again, the deep intellect of we elitist types is often difficult for the common mind to comprehend.

    You can tell folks like Boomer that he "knows darned well" he is on this all important list, but the fact remains that no one sees "Boomers" listed. Sure Donuts is a huge talent, a kind and thoughtful man, a great fisheman, a first class shipmate, a darned good looking guy who has to beat the women off with a stick, a "fairly" decent PPC knowledge source, a heck of a good salesman / marketer / someday merchant hopeful, a great conversationalist, excellent panel participant, and so many other things.

    come to think of it, I'll leave it at that!!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

  12. #12
    ABW Ambassador Boom or Bust's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Alan, I'm certain Steve's omission of your name on the list was a blow, even worse than my honorable mention. Note though the response of one of the smartest people Steve knows; "Fruity Pebbles". Take refuge and be comforted...



    X

  13. #13
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Location
    Colorado / Florida
    Posts
    4,411
    LOL'ing
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

  14. #14
    ABW Ambassador meadowmufn's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Alan, I'm certain Steve's omission of your name on the list was a blow, even worse than my honorable mention. Note though the response of one of the smartest people Steve knows; "Fruity Pebbles". Take refuge and be comforted...
    I'm still trying to get over the fact that a man named Donuts eats fruity pebbles for breakfast.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

  15. #15
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    So you wait until you aren't tired and then finish the work before you post it!! Would you put up a web site before it is finished? Would you go live with a PPC account before you had keywords or bids set? Would you post a blog before it is finished and tell visitors to fill in the blanks? Are you seeing the pattern here gumby?

    Based on your "too tired" reasoning for posting an incomplete work, saying that you "have the talent and just need to fill in the blanks" would be like a developer saying they have a great piece of land to build a city on, but just need to fill in a few blanks (as in -the Grand Canyon) to get it done! How I would not be at the top of any / every list of intellectuals escapes me, but then again, the deep intellect of we elitist types is often difficult for the common mind to comprehend.

    You can tell folks like Boomer that he "knows darned well" he is on this all important list, but the fact remains that no one sees "Boomers" listed. Sure Donuts is a huge talent, a kind and thoughtful man, a great fisheman, a first class shipmate, a darned good looking guy who has to beat the women off with a stick, a "fairly" decent PPC knowledge source, a heck of a good salesman / marketer / someday merchant hopeful, a great conversationalist, excellent panel participant, and so many other things.

    come to think of it, I'll leave it at that!!!

    Al

    You are so full of shit that your spam damn near made me fall out of my friggin' chair ! OMG I laughed so hard.

    Als new nickname: The Automated B.S. Machine. More B.s. Fewer Posts. Share a sale should give you your own Rss feed. Er Uhh... BS Feed.

    Dude. Thanks for the laugh ! Priceless.

    Steve


    BTW: The Grand canyon is the best place to start. No need to dig a hole befor you lay the infrastructure. Lots of room for a few sub ways, sewers, telecommunications, under ground military transport and a whole new breed of super highways, skyscrapers, and MFR's built on top of it at a 30% cost savings. Are you Kiddng me ? And also a gret place for poor analagies to be buried too.

    Best wisshes to you al.
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

  16. #16
    ABW Ambassador Jason Rubacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930
    wow Steve..... I'm glad our conversations were beneficial.

    Didn't expect to have my full name and social as a thread title <wink> but whatever it takes.
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

  17. #17
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by jason@footballfanatics
    wow Steve..... I'm glad our conversations were beneficial.

    Didn't expect to have my full name and social as a thread title <wink> but whatever it takes.
    Jason.

    Wait till you see my latest roll out. Then you can tell me.

    Ed.

    I took it as a put down. The fact is, that I just happen to like to eat DONUTS for lunch. No sweat. It does not change the facty that I have benefited a great deal from his posts or that he pitched in when I had a question a time or two. Or five Or six or .....

    I learn from good guys bad guys and guys that are both at times. As Bill pointed out to me, it what makes the internet work.

    Although I have a long way to go, Donuts has expanded my knowledge of this biz in ways that I never have in the past eight years.

    Al.

    I see you never did write me off. True to your word. No worries there grass hopper. I'm sure one day you will see me and offer to buy me a beer. ~ Just before you hand me a large comm. check. {Rexy is gonna spit her coffee all over her keyboard. Again }

    Meadow muffin

    Is it proper ediquite to split a donut ? Donuts & beer perhaps ?


    Best

    Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

  18. #18
    ABW Ambassador Boom or Bust's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Ed.

    I took it as a put down. The fact is, that I just happen to like to eat DONUTS for lunch. No sweat. It does not change the facty that I have benefited a great deal from his posts or that he pitched in when I had a question a time or two. Or five Or six or .....
    Steve, it absolutely was not intended as a put down and was directed at Alan in fun. Seriously, you are right about Donuts!



    X

  19. #19
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Steve, it absolutely was not intended as a put down and was directed at Alan in fun. Seriously, you are right about Donuts!

    It ain't broke.

    Thanks a hundred million. Time to get some wings !

    Hmmm. Idea. Wings and donuts. Yummie !

    All that food might make me sleepy and cuase me to crash into the Wall. Ouch.

    See you in Boston ?

    Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

  20. #20
    ABW Ambassador Boom or Bust's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Not this time around...



    X

  21. #21
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Location
    Colorado / Florida
    Posts
    4,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Steve, it absolutely was not intended as a put down and was directed at Alan in fun. Seriously, you are right about Donuts!
    Oh sure Boom, now you disingenuously attempt to back away with dignity by deflecting your intent as being aimed at chiding me! Then you even throw in the customary kiss up to Donuts? How pathetic. Stevo offers heartfelt thoughts of gratitude to those who have guided him along his path to a destiny of infamy and prosperity. OK, so he also threw in his preference in cereals. In return, you put him down with side swipe tactics and then invite me to fuel the fire. Well, I won't do it, you hear me? I won't do it.

    You should be ashamed of yourself. O.K., maybe it's possible that he marches to a different drum. Maybe even an entirely different band. Perhaps his elevator doesn't go to the top floor, or it gets jammed occasionally between floors. In the hamburger that is life, maybe he is missing the pickle, ketchup, mustard, tomato, bun and meat. So what! He's still a burger trying to make his way to the big grill where they can add the fixins and sauces that eventually make him a Big Mac in the affiliate world. If you are going to throw mindless put downs toward another forum member, I can give you a list of many who would be better targets than the ol Stevareeno. I'm sure that his kind heart has accepted your apology, but for me it will take time to heal the wounds you have inflicted by trying to use me as your scapegoat. Now I am going to go to bed and get some sleep. Hopefully when I awake tomorrow morning, this will all have been a dream that never happened. My good.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

  22. #22
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Oh sure Boom, now you disingenuously attempt to back away with dignity by deflecting your intent as being aimed at chiding me! Then you even throw in the customary kiss up to Donuts? How pathetic. Stevo offers heartfelt thoughts of gratitude to those who have guided him along his path to a destiny of infamy and prosperity. OK, so he also threw in his preference in cereals. In return, you put him down with side swipe tactics and then invite me to fuel the fire. Well, I won't do it, you hear me? I won't do it.

    You should be ashamed of yourself. O.K., maybe it's possible that he marches to a different drum. Maybe even an entirely different band. Perhaps his elevator doesn't go to the top floor, or it gets jammed occasionally between floors. In the hamburger that is life, maybe he is missing the pickle, ketchup, mustard, tomato, bun and meat. So what! He's still a burger trying to make his way to the big grill where they can add the fixins and sauces that eventually make him a Big Mac in the affiliate world. If you are going to throw mindless put downs toward another forum member, I can give you a list of many who would be better targets than the ol Stevareeno. I'm sure that his kind heart has accepted your apology, but for me it will take time to heal the wounds you have inflicted by trying to use me as your scapegoat. Now I am going to go to bed and get some sleep. Hopefully when I awake tomorrow morning, this will all have been a dream that never happened. My good.

    Al

    OMG! I LOL. Man this is the funniest thing.

    I guess if you are broke, you are called a nut job or a quack, he can't be just like everybody else. If you are rich, you are called a visionary. Ahead of your time.

    Not to worry, I won't flame you though.

    Try to steer this thread bak on topic please.

    Thanks

    Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

  23. #23
    ABW Ambassador Boom or Bust's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Hopefully when I awake tomorrow morning, this will all have been a dream that never happened. My good.
    BIG JERK!
    (...The kind that wrenches you awake when you first nod off and you believe you're suddenly falling.) Honey, I had the strangest dream...

    BTR (Back to reality) WTG Jason!



    X

  24. #24
    ABW Ambassador Boom or Bust's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    I guess if you are broke, you are called a nut job or a quack, he can't be just like everybody else. If you are rich, you are called a visionary. Ahead of your time.
    I've known quite a few rich nut jobs and also some broke visionaries (geniuses)...



    X

  25. #25
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Location
    Colorado / Florida
    Posts
    4,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    BIG JERK!
    (...The kind that wrenches you awake when you first nod off and you believe you're suddenly falling.) Honey, I had the strangest dream...
    LOL Boom
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Happy Birthday Jason Rubacky!
    By Chuck Hamrick in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 28th, 2012, 02:51 PM
  2. Happy Birthday Jason Rubacky!
    By ladidah in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
  3. Where in the world is Jason Rubacky??? He's HERE! :)
    By Carolyn - ShareASale in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: April 13th, 2009, 03:33 PM
  4. Happy 30th Birthday Jason Rubacky!
    By knight01 in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 30th, 2009, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •