Apartments.com, Click vs. Sales or Leads
    Just wanted to check with everyone else.

Is anyone else having luck with Apartments.com?

I just added Apartments.com the other day and had sent them quite a bit of good convertible traffic. There was quite a few clicks but not one sale or lead. I know this is really hard to track but...

I read on another site that they had recently changed their landing page and others affiliates had noticed a huge difference in the amount of leads and sales since then.

I checked out the landing page and I can easily see where customer could get lost and not enter their email address on the landing page. They have just one small field to enter an email address and too many other places to click on.

Just wanted to see if anyone else if having sucess with them.

Thanks,
    Rick@Webzcom

Affiliate Manager
    Rick,
    I tried sending you an email, but it bounced. I'm curious if you ever got clarity on this issue, and how your Apartments.com relationship is going.

We reviewed their program when we built ours, so we made things more black and white, and better for the affiliates.
    Matt

mteich, this and a post in another thread today appear as veiled promos. Better cool it...

X

Doing well with Apartments.com
    I have to say I'm actually pretty happy with Apartments.com thus far. Seems to be converting well.

Thanks for checking.

Hey Rick -

I manage the Apartments.com program. I'm not trying to steal your post, but I am trying to get in touch with you. Emails to your account are all bouncing. Would you mind sending me an email when you get a chance? agraf at apartments.com.

Thank you.

Apartments.com
    I'll shoot you an e-mail later today.

I wanted to share with you that I noticed my conversion percentages were down so I went to the Apartments.com landing page and I noticed two ads there for other companies.

I'm disappointed to see this and concerned about sending traffic to this page.

For the time being I will be reducing the amount of traffic I'm sending there and looking for other options.

Regards,
    Rick Cable @ Webzcom

Got your email and tried to respond. Can you add me to a safe list so I can respond? Quite a filter you've got.

Hi Rick,

Since I've had such a hard time contacting you directly, please see my more general response below:

To address your concerns with the landing page: I noticed that you are sending users to the national page of Apartments.com from all the geo-targeted parts of your site (state, city). Affiliates are able to deep link to any page on Apartments.com. You can send users much deeper into the search path, where banners have almost entirely been removed for CJ partners.

I should also mention that the CTR on the national page banners is low enough for you to not be concerned about these banners detracting from your lead conversion. The fluctuations in conversion could be due to other factors, such as rental seasonality. We’re currently in our non-peak season.

I'd like to discuss this further with you privately via email (as well as a few other things), so please set me up with access to email you directly, if possible.

Thanks again,
    Andrew

Having problems with Apartments.com
    This message is for anyone who manages the Apartments.com program. I am new to the site and have inserted my HTMl correctly, am getting lots of impressions and clicks but the leads are not registering. I am positive that people are filling out the forms on building specific pages. Please email me to discuss further. Thanks.

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Amghawk, please feel free to email cj@apartments.com with your question.

Thanks!
    The Apartments.com Team

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread