ABW Ambassador
    For those of you who don't visit the Amazon Assoc boards, we've recently found a user who visits the boards and uses the conversations as fodder on his website - www.garnetchaney.com

This "man" will lift parts of discussions to add to his "website" to "promote" whatever product he is trying to "promote" at the time. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was doing the same on these boards.

One such example is this page here..

http://www.garnetchaney.com/loosing_...on_stats.shtml

which when posted on the amzn board, he did change the users names slightly (not that it makes any difference), but you'll get the point. There are loads of other pages on his site like this one.

Then while searching for websites that contain the term "rainbowsauce.com" (my site), I came across a website where he has USED rainbowsauce as a case study in SEO (http://www.seometrics.us) - the entire site is practically based around the study of my domain. He did this without ever seeking my permission, linking to my site or even contacting me at all.

I'm posting this to let you all know, because you may find your own quotes and conversations on his website, being used to promote all sorts of products - or he may be using your domains for his own purposes. His main domain seems to be www.webmill.com (pumping out crap since the year dot apparently).

I am also posting this to get advice on how I can get this creep to remove all references to my website - I do not want to be used in any way by him.. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

From the site:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I've been designing websites and web robots since 1994..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

..but your design skills haven't improved any over the past decade.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I created the first version of many of these sites in less than hour..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

..and it shows.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Don't hate me because my websites are beautiful, with pages more numerous than grains of sand.... Get my SiteMaker Web Design Tool today! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

..err maybe I'll give it a miss, thanks.

Oh yes and not forgetting the ever impressive..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>[an error occurred while processing this directive]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aww heck this wasn't a site review? Sorry.

I agree with you on the case study SamyT. Publishing an analysis like that without permission is just as rude as what I've posted above.. but most people guard their SEO techniques and publishing someone elses SEO is just a little short of site copying and plagiarism.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

I noticed he has Google AdSense on a few of his pages. I wonder how they'd feel knowing their ads appear on pages with copywrite infringement?

Andy

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread