Affiliate Manager
    Best Practices for Recruiting Merchandiser Affiliates
    Hey everyone!

I'm going to do my best to make sure I don't promote our affiliate program in any way during this question, if I do it was by total accident

I've got an affiliate program that does pretty well with the LinkShare network ($20,000 a month in sales) but all my best performing partners are coupon sites. I love coupon sites, and I owe them my deepest gratitude, but I would like to get more of LinkShare's merchandiser enabled affiliates to join. Do you guys, as LinkShare Merchandiser affiliates, have any tips for me? Could you point me to a good thread on the forum?

Unfortunately, I can't be too flexible with the formatting of the data feed due to our product. The feed we upload to LinkShare is pretty much the same feed we use for Google Products, JellyFish, TheFind and others. It follows all the recommendations of LinkShare in terms of formatting and whatnot. I'm just not getting any traction, so I figured I'd ask the people who use it every day.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

Doesn't LinkShare have special icon or something next to the publisher's who participate?

Affiliate Manager
    25trees,

Not really. I don't know if you've ever seen LinkShare's merchandiser back end, but it is pretty meh... There really isn't any way to determine if a publisher is Merchandiser approved or not.

Cheers,
    Justin

ok. I use their Merchandiser Query Tool, next to each merchant I see a little icon who participate in the merchandiser program, so affiliates by themselves look for merchandiser merchants also.

LS has a separate list of Merchandiser merchants which is available to affiliates. May be LS would be able to give you list of affiliates who participate in their merchandiser program.

ABW Ambassador
    $20,000 per month in sales? That is low isn't it?

For a merchant, 1 month of sales, only $20,000?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    $20,000 per month in sales? That is low isn't it?

For a merchant, 1 month of sales, only $20,000?
    That was my thought too. If they pay 10% on it, its only $2000 in affiliate payments per month.

I don't really think monthly sales is relevant here... the question relates to affiliate expansion.

Have you googled publishers that show your competitor products..? That might be a good starting point. I'm not sure what tools the networks have for recruiting, but in my case, when looking for merchants, I look at my competing publishers

You may discover new publishers to contact directly.

In my case, I'm always looking for more merchants to add to my datafeed site, niche related of course (trying to build a comprehensive list, not a catch-all for every kind of product).

Not sure if this helps, but I never mind prospective merchants contacting my site directly.

Take a look at what Sierra Trading Post does/offers - specifically doing everything you can to help (within limits) everyone including the small guys. Such as setting up datafeeds outside of the network so that those that don't have or won't pay for the linkshare data feed system can work with you.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    jasd2d, first speak with your LinkShare account manager and ask if they can offer your feed to merchandiser affiliates. You may need to provide a slightly better commission as an incentive. You can also feature your datafeed and better commission in the next Deal Dispatcher.

Next contact GoldenCAN and PopShops about getting your feed into their programs. PopShops is free to merchant as affiliate pay and GoldenCAN costs the merchant but the fee is nominal. Both have forums here so you can easily contact them.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread