What to Expect From Affiliate Summit
    Sorry if this seems like a stupid post, it's not meant to be and also consider the source of the post

I'm probably 80 percent of the way to Boston right now thanks to a couple of ABWer's who I won't name until I know it's OK to thank. Plus I haven't had a vacation out of NY in God only knows how many years and this would be a good chance for that to happen.

In other words I'm looking for help convincing that 20 percent of me who is just a poor affiliate like many others here to say Hell Yeah I'm going.

I know just the fact of going and meeting a lot of you will make the trip well worth the while. I'm not sure if I will be going with an Exhibit Hall pass or a conference pass yet but either way I'm sure there will be plenty to learn.

I do have a PM out about a hotel room and if that doesn't work out I still have a backup plan. Wait til someone gets drunk and sneak into their room and crash on the floor or better yet get drunk myself and crash on the lobby floor I'm joking of course The backup plan would be to stay some place further away and a little more in my budget.

I think what I am looking for is what to expect from the summit seeing how if I attend it will be the first for me. Thank everyone for any advice and info you can give me.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Truth is, you'll get out of it what you put into it.

If you see folks at a mixer talking, walk up an introduce yourself.

Hit every booth. See who they are. Grab cards and pass out cards if you have them.

Hang by Carolyn Tang. Eventually, you'll meet everyone that way.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin

Hang by Carolyn Tang. Eventually, you'll meet everyone that way.
    This does not apply to us women. If we hang by Carolyn no one even notices we exist.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Seriously, go to the Meet Market, parties, breakfast and lunches. Then hang out around the lobby. You will meet tons of people. Troll the booths and hallways. If you are wearing an affiliate badge people will approach you. If you can swing it attend the Affiliate Dinner and CAMA cruise.

We spoke in Albany on this so I'll try not to repeat myself. As an affiliate, especially as an affiliate from NY, I think you really need to attend this Summit. It is extremely difficult for all of us who have suffered from the impact of the NY tax to be able to attend the Summit but it is critical for NY affiliates to attend. We still have work to do on the NY tax issue.

Meeting the merchants and OPM's is also a valuable experience. You'll gain knowledge, insight and maybe a special deal.

I hope that one of the results of the meeting in Albany was that you felt slightly energized and came away with a new idea or two. At Summit you'll have even more time to sit and talk. Remember hanging at Starbucks, Cheesecake and then back at the hotel and just talking? Multiply that and you'll see why Summit would be great for you. I'll be there from Sat thru Tues (and we're working on Kevin) and so will a few others that I know you will want to meet, so really work at getting there. I think you'll be glad you did.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Hi.. This is Avinash from Hyderabad , India. I hope this forum will be helpful a lot.

Regards
    SEO Master

Actually, I think Carolyn introduced me to you the first time I met you...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Thanks for the feedback everyone I did talk to a few other people and I am waiting to hear back about a hotel room from someone if I can go. I'm guessing that getting a room will probably be tough this late but if I do find one what nights would I want them for. Sat, Sun, Mon??

Mellie, if I can pull this off I would be more than happy to help out in any way to get the message out to the merchants about what we learned in Albany be it handing out buttons or just talking to them about it. No doubt that will be one of the reasons I will be attending Will there be papers to hand out about what we learned? Thanks again all and also for the PM's which I'll follow up on later in the day.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Packy

Mellie, if I can pull this off I would be more than happy to help out in any way to get the message out to the merchants about what we learned in Albany be it handing out buttons or just talking to them about it. No doubt that will be one of the reasons I will be attending Will there be papers to hand out about what we learned? .

Yes, we will definitely have something in writing! This all in addition to the NY Tax Issue session on Sun.
    Thank you Packy, I'll follow up with you privately. Feel free to call
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread