Can anyone suggest me any source of income which I can earn by working at home?
    Hello, everyone I just want to ask that, can I earn anything by sitting at home, as I just had left the job because of my transfer issues. I donít want to shift from here and thus thought of doing something at home for earning. I know a bit of the incomes from the web but have never been into anything of this kind. Please give your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Hi Edwards,

Welcome to ABW! You've come to the right place to learn about earning from home, but you need to do a little homework by studying here. No one is going to hand feed you. Do a little reading here. If you find some topics/ideas that you think might fit you, then ask some specific questions. Once again, welcome.

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    If you are willing to learn, a lot, then you can earn money from home. This forum is full of useful information, do some research. Welcome to ABW.

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome Edwards,

Yes it is possible to make $$ in affiliate marketing. But it requires persistent and smart work every day for months and years. You have to be willing to take the time to teach yourself a lot, and to realize that will never stop.

What I did. Start a website, with one merchant. Learn how to design a sales website that actually sells stuff, write effective sales copy, make product links. Add another merchant. Tweak and revise. Add a third merchant. Closing in on 900 merchants. Took years. Best wishes.

Edwards,

very good advice from Aunt Lily.

Jim

Edwards,

Very good advice from Aunt Lily.

Jim

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Guinn
    Edwards,Very good advice from Aunt Lily.Jim
    Just thought I'd bump it up one more time!! LOL Welcome to ABW Edward(s). You have a long way to go and a lot to learn, so if you are looking for something that fills the mailbox with $20's everday, starting next week, it is not going to happen. But with a few good years of learning, trial and error and becoming knowledgable, you can make a great living online. Good luck to you.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    If you did a poll of how many people make a living from this, probably 99% would answer that they have been doing this at least 5 years. It takes a long time, just like it would for any career.

Look how long you have to go to college to get a degree. Most of the people doing this either have a degree, or are very capable of getting one.

Too many people start this business thinking that it is easy money. You have to learn so many different disciplines to make a living with affiliate marketing.

Anyone starting this business should consider it to be just like any other career. It can be a very steep learning curve, with so many obstacles to navigate through, and can take years to learn.

Unlike most careers, this one is so dynamic, that by the time you have learned something, you need to re-learn something else.

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwards
    Hello, everyone I just want to ask that, can I earn anything by sitting at home, as I just had left the job because of my transfer issues. I donít want to shift from here and thus thought of doing something at home for earning. I know a bit of the incomes from the web but have never been into anything of this kind. Please give your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Ed

Hi

I have been at this for eight years and I have made under 1000 USD GROSS sales.

I have spend perhaps 3 grand and counting. Possibly over 4 grand.

It is unlikely you will get it any faster unless you know of a means to persuade your way to the front.

If you happen to have poeple skills like Bill Clinton or Jimmy Hoffa, you are gonna be at this for awhile bro.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; July 30th, 2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: I think It's Against ABW Policy to type half the message & Save. Stupid Mistake. Beachy, HELP !!....
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Yes it is possible to make $$ in affiliate marketing. But it requires persistent and smart work every day for months and years. You have to be willing to take the time to teach yourself a lot, and to realize that will never stop.Start a website, with one merchant. Learn how to design a sales website that actually sells stuff, write effective sales copy, make product links. Add another merchant. Tweak and revise. Add a third merchant,and so on.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    Welcome Edwards,

Yes it is possible to make $$ in affiliate marketing. But it requires persistent and smart work every day for months and years. You have to be willing to take the time to teach yourself a lot, and to realize that will never stop.

What I did. Start a website, with one merchant. Learn how to design a sales website that actually sells stuff, write effective sales copy, make product links. Add another merchant. Tweak and revise. Add a third merchant. Closing in on 900 merchants. Took years. Best wishes.
    what is the difference between these two

Quote Originally Posted by connel

Yes it is possible to make $$ in affiliate marketing. But it requires persistent and smart work every day for months and years. You have to be willing to take the time to teach yourself a lot, and to realize that will never stop.Start a website, with one merchant. Learn how to design a sales website that actually sells stuff, write effective sales copy, make product links. Add another merchant. Tweak and revise. Add a third merchant,and so on.....

#2 is missing the "Closing in on 900 merchants. Took years. Best wishes." part

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Unfortunately AM is not a fast path to income replacement. It takes time.

That said many people make quite a nice living at this. But that is true of just about every business model. Those with new ideas or better work ethics can make money at just about anything.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwards
    Hello, everyone I just want to ask that, can I earn anything by sitting at home...

Please give your suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Phone sex.

No, I'm not joking.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Ed

Hi

I have been at this for eight years and I have made under 1000 USD GROSS sales.

I have spend perhaps 3 grand and counting. Possibly over 4 grand.

It is unlikely you will get it any faster unless you know of a means to persuade your way to the front.

If you happen to have poeple skills like Bill Clinton or Jimmy Hoffa, you are gonna be at this for awhile bro.

Steve

Are you saying that you have been doing this business for 8 years and you have not made a profit? You have made less than $1,000 in sales in 8 years?

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Are you saying that you have been doing this business for 8 years and you have not made a profit? You have made less than $1,000 in sales in 8 years?

Julian

Yes. I have given away thousands to this venture in hopes that one day I will become a viable biz. In stead it has just been a really really expensive hobby.

This is the very first year I have done this full time. So for the last 7 of 8 years, I actually made more money with a ugly site that I made for free than I made so far with this one I paid sizable bucks for.

Guys with sites uglier than mine make better bucks than I do. So heres the deal: There is money to be made my man. If you hook up with the right people and either learn SEO {i did not} or have a budget for a SEO guy {I don't} & learn how to do lots of stuff for free.

The lower your budget, often the longer it takes to get to point "b", see ? This is also affected by who you know.

So far, I have been on ABW for less than a year. I have learned, and gotten more in that time from ABW than the last 7 combined. Here's the dirty little secret Julian: All it takes is one decent order or one good Aff. Mgr. to hook up with, and you will not get rich overnight, but the doors WILL open. It is happening. It can happen for you too.

This is NOT a 9-5 job. It is risk vs. reward. As you are aware, the more you invest, The more you extract. Kinda like a gold mine. There is no guarantee you will ever make a dime at this. IN FACT JULIAN; 95% OF ALL AFFILIATES MAKE UNDER 150 USD/ MO. !! .. Now Put in perspective, You need to SLAP GROSS 1500 USD / Month just to reach homelessness. It will likely take you at least 2 years {in my case far more} to make a few bucks a month. TILL THEN, U NEED AN INCOME ORE SOME OTHER MEANS WHILE YOU PURSUE THIS DREAM.

There is a lot of trial and error in aff marketing Julian. There is no "set formula" ~ Well ok, there really is, but no one does it the same so, forget that for a while, eh ? There are no schools {That I know of anyway} and the Classes are great, but there is a little caveat. Theres a hole in the info and searching Google is a part time job unto it self.

You will make many mistakes in this racket. You will make friends. Partners & Enemies. There are good guys and bad guys here. You will meet all different types here too. It's kinda like being a new born Hippo on the Delta. As you navigate the waters, you gotta learn to stay close to momma and avoid the gators.

Affiliate Marketing is still a lot like the Wild Wild West in some frontier town. You can get lost in the shuffle & nobody will notice. On the other hand, If you play your cards right, Haiko will Welcome you to his Wall of fame of sorts and give you a trophy.

Everyone learns at their own pace brother. Lots of guys forget that here. Thats true of a lot of places. Make sure you get all you can out of ABW and stay away from the social threads. They are junk and a big time waster. Learn all you can as fast as you can { that's not easy to do either ! WHEW !!}.

Make sure you never call Haiko bad names. Or post about donating his DNA to science. Then Read, Read, Read, Read ! ~ Even if you have no clue what you are reading. Read it anyway.

In time, you will make Alan Hamilton blush and offer you his favourite Donuts and perhaps a few of his prizes fish grasshopper.

Never forget that ads cost money. If you are not sure if your post is an ad, don't post it. Or pay the 75 USD first.

Work hard. Plan as far a head as you know how. Pick a product that is your passion. Then in time, It CAN pay off. BIG.

It just takes time and dedication & the Midas touch. Are you ready ?

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

@STEVE...you may be a newbie...but i like reading your posts...they always help motivate me...to keep reading, reading and reading.....

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by javonhorvath
    @STEVE...you may be a newbie...but i like reading your posts...they always help motivate me...to keep reading, reading and reading.....
    Javon

You are a kind man indeed.

Thank you very much.....

Steve

Spam fodder thread closed.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

20. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread