How to get Commission Junction data feeds
    As you all know there are different ways to get data feeds from commission junction. They have the site, webservices.cj.com where you can get a developer key and you can access and parse API feeds...

This is a bit technical for me... So, if you go in your CJ Account Manager and navigate to Account->Services, you can actually download text files or what have you for different merchants. This is what I was interested in because I really only know PHP/MySQL and am not savvy with XML or these API feeds.

If you are new to the game, you probably noticed that when you go to Account->Services you get the message:

"You currently have no services enabled for your account."

Well there isn't much documentation that really tells you how to actually "get services available" or where to go. CJ's help is really scattered an unorganized. So, I finally contacted them and got this documentation forwarded to me.

So if you guys are having the same problem as me and want these raw data feeds to download, here is the process to follow:

----------------------------

Publishers who frequently search for promotional links or specific product links in the network may prefer a more convenient way to stay informed of such links. Commission Junction’s data feed enables publishers to receive a regularly scheduled report containing a list of available links in the CJ Marketplace™. Each listing provides hyperlinks that enable publishers to get HTML from their current advertisers, and to apply to any new programs that interest them.

If you are interested in continuing, please review the documentation downloadable below. It contains information on the new format of the Product Data File:

Scheduled Data Transfer Guide - Product Data Feed for Publishers
    http://www.cj.com/downloads/tech/sch..._transdata.pdf

If you would like to set up a data feed on your account, please contact Technical Support (TS) by completing the following:

• Click the “Contact Us” link.
    • Click the “Go” link in the “Ask a Question” field.

On the screen that appears, input the following information:

• Select Category: Data Transfer (Publishers)
    • Select Sub-Category: Product Catalog (Publishers)
    • In the Subject line type: “Data Feed”

In the Question Field:
    Enter your request for a data feed. In addition please answer the questions listed below:

(1) In which format would you like to receive your data?
    Choose from one of the following: TAB : CSV : PIPE : XML : EXCEL format.

(2) Which method of transfer would you like to use to receive your product data?
    Choose from one of the following: CJ FTP (you access our FTP servers) : Client FTP (we access to your FTP servers to push the file(s) w/ any login and password information needed for access) : HTTP (you access CJ HTTP Web servers).

(3) Due to the size of data feeds, we ask that you limit your product feed to five (5) advertisers. You may request additional advertisers be added once you start generating revenue using your data feeds. Please let us know which 5 advertisers that offer product catalogs you would like included in your data feed?

Once we receive the answers to the questions above we will enable your account to receive product data and send you technical documentation that will assist your technical team in integrating this functionality.

The view a list of advertisers that currently have a product catalog feed enabled would be to follow the steps below:

• Click on GET LINKS tab on your CJ Account Manager.
    • Click on the sub tab labeled ADVERTISER LIST
    • Click on the link titled “Additional Search Options”
    • Under the Link Type drop down menu, select “Product Catalog”
    • Click FIND

This search will show you which advertisers offer product catalogs.

Remember you can get answers to most of your questions 24 hours-a-day by logging into your CJ Account Manager™ and clicking on the “Help” link.

Sincerely,
    Commission Junction Client Support

----------------------------

Hope this helps someone scarred and lost searching this forum or Google for the answers that I was struggling to find

CJ Data Feeds for Free?
    This is great. Thank you.

Is it true that CJ is now offering data feeds for free?

I love this, although I have to say that the documentation out there is quite sparse when it comes to helping newcomers set up a datafeed.

Once you get the .csv file, what do you DO with it?

Do I have to own my own server/DB to make this even possible??

If ANYone can help shed light on this, I'd be a happy camper.

Jessie

hmmm
    I went through the above process and haven't heard back from CJ. So I'm not sure if it's free or not yet. I have read that other people paid small fees for them, but all documentation that I've found on CJ's site leads me to believe they're free. But I don't know for sure.

With downloading a csv file you can then upload it to a database you create on your web space. And then you would have a website that interacts with the database.

Judging by the very broad question you asked, it sounds like you are starting from the most basic of basic. There are tons of ways to do what you want, and you will just have to start from the beginning.

One way to utilize these data feeds is with PHP and MySQL.

If you just said to yourself, "What?!"... I would start by going to borders and getting a PHP/MySQL for dummies book

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    About a year ago, I paid the $200 one time fee to get the product datafeeds. The fee is waived if you earned at least $10,000 in advertiser sales revenue for one month during the past 12 months.

I guess CJ can answer the question whether or not they are still charging a fee.

It took about a week to get free CJ feeds sorted but you are limited to only 5 merchants.

@UPP SAS datafeeds are in (general) easier to handle than CJ ones it might be an idea to stick to those to start with.

Bob

I just applied for CJ's data feed. Man, I sure hope that it's free, but if not then I'll just pony up the $200. Wish me luck.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Dastic
    I just applied for CJ's data feed. Man, I sure hope that it's free, but if not then I'll just pony up the $200. Wish me luck.
    They will just deduct it from your future commissions so you don't have to pony up the $200.

I submitted the request for account services about 4 days ago and I still haven't heard anything back.

For those of you that have applied and had your account services activated in the past, how long did it take before you were approved?

I get them. I had to pay a one time fee of $250.00. Once a week I get an e-mail link to go to the feed. Whenever you want to change the merchants on the feed you contact CJ and tell them who you want on the feed and the next time you get the feed link it will have the different merchants on it. I don't remember how long it was before I got the first e-mail. It's was 5 years ago.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Dastic
    It was $250.00.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    It was $250.00.
    Someone mentioned on the forum that that fee was temporarily waved. I had one (free) feed from a merchant I work with a lot (but not high volume for that merchant), and asked for five more recently and got them for free a few weeks ago. Check out the help area of CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    They will just deduct it from your future commissions so you don't have to pony up the $200.
    Ok. In my request for the data feed, I mentioned that I heard that it was free. Wanna know what response they'll give me.

Talked
    I talked to someone at CJ last week (unknown name) and this is how I learned about it.

I'm receiving data feeds for free, but I am limited to only 5 merchants...which is fine for us

~jessie

Got an email from CJ stating that I now have ftp access to the data feed! Whoohoo!!!

I just got notified that I can access a couple data feed(newegg, dell, etc) through CJ.
    but CJ said they are weekly data feeds. why isn't it daily?

Is everyone getting a daily data feed?

CJ updates are weekly for me, as well.

Why would you want to do daily updates? Product offerings for most merchants do nott change very often.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

because newegg updates their CJ data feeds a couple of times a day:
    "CJ feed actually updates more than once a day (prob 3 to 4 times)",
    quoted from http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=12

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread