Hi folks - I'm back and I've got a new toy!
    I changed computer a while ago, lost my login details and got out of the habit of coming here.

Today I had my new toy delivered thanks to AM and thought it an appropriate time to re-join and show it off

It's a TVR Tuscan, you can't get them in the US as they don't jump through the H&S hoops. took it for a blast tonight and grinned all the way, corners like it's on rails.

4 is the magic number, 4L, 400HP, 0-60 in 4 secs (actually 3.8, but I'm not counting too carefully, a bit scared of wheelspin at the moment to try anything that fancy).

Pictures aren't great as the light was starting to go.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Beautiful looking "hybrid" Paul!! Now that you are going to be using what would have been my ration of gas, I guess I'll have to shoot an elk in my corral and save the trip to the supermarket!! LOL

Awesome looking toy you got there. Enjoy the young man inside you and be careful.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Sweet!

Congratulations!

Watch out for the penguins crossing the street!

Looks like a cross between a Jaguar and a Viper. Have fun.

-sfcom

ABW Ambassador
    I'd feel 26 again driving something like that. I'm trying to get past jealousy, to wish you well. Congrats though...and good to have you back!

Enjoy! Congratulations!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Wicked! That's a sweet ride you have there Paul!
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Wow, sweet ride. I've driven a few of them, and they are quite a handful!

They were virtual rides though, in Forza Motorsport 2.
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

Thanks for the replies guys.

Drastic - the "point" of a TVR is that it is a direct driving experience, they give feedback via sound, steering wheel, through your feet on the pedals, through your butt on the seat! So any simulation will miss out on what it's all about.

The power is phenomenal, it's delivered in a linear way and there is always more in reserve. It certainly gets a lot of attention and driving around England in an English sports car gets nods, waves and thumbs up that nothing else does. I posted on a TVR forum today and had 2 replies from people who had seen me out it - who'd thunk the interweb was so small.

My inner 10 year old is pleased.

The point of posting this here though is.... that this is (one of) the fruit(s) of my AM efforts over the last few years. If you're ever wondering whether it's worth the effort, then think of the maddest thing you never thought you'd get and aim for it, I wanted a Hot Wheels car.

I'll post another picture or two later, I didn't give the proper feel of the swoopy and curvy front of it in those pics.

You'd be surprised what an 8 foot screen, force feedback wheel, full size pedals and 5.1 surround with booming sub can do for a simulation.

But I agree, nothing like the real thing. Not that I would know about a TVR, but I've had some rockets in my time, redneck fo sho, but still.

There's nothing like riding around in a steel machine crammed full of horses on steroids that are just begging to be unleashed.

Congrats and enjoy the ride - she's a beaut.
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

Absolutely an impressive ride there, Paul. I am "almost" jealous. But living here in downtown Baltimore I realize I could not have that parked in front of our house.
    The point of posting this here though is.... that this is (one of) the fruit(s) of my AM efforts over the last few years. If you're ever wondering whether it's worth the effort, then think of the maddest thing you never thought you'd get and aim for it, I wanted a Hot Wheels car.
    I do understand why you posted - your explanation hits home. An older Benz SLK, a nearly new Saturn Vue and a brand new Smart - and no car payments, all thanks to AM. I also have a rekindled interest in Flying - having been out of the air for 37 years. So now I am "thinking" an airplane.

It's good to let folks know that this business can work. I know I spent many, many 60 hour weeks on top of a day j*b to get the ball rolling. But, if you set realistic goals and honestly work toward attaining them, a LOT can and will happen.
    </philosophizing>
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

http and a telephoto
    Welcome back Paul, what an awesome way to make a re-entrance... lol
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I just saw a review of one on Top Gear (BBC America). I don't love the rear of the car, but then again that is only the side you show to everyone as you leave them in the dust. A true brute of a car. Just my kind.
    Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

SHA-FREAKING-ZAM!!!

Now that can make an unFOURgetable entrance!

Welcome back my friend, GREAT to see ya!!!!

Oh BTW, I need to get some milk, I've got a ummm flat, yeah that's it can I borrow the keys? I'll be back in a jif
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Hi Haiko - thanks for merging my new account with the old one. Sorry I didn't rejoin earlier now I've spent time reading around again!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread