Huge Online Mall
    Hi guys...I'm loving this product, loving it...

I intend to make a huge mall for one of my sites. I have a site that caters to USA, CA, UK and AU. Each country will have it's own mall. My tech guy and I have been playing around with creating the shops to get a feel for things. I understand the basics at this point and I'll learn about all of the features and nuances that your software provides, no problem.

I have two specific questions regarding banners and regarding sales.

I am making my mall set up like a actual mall. Different categories of shops will be lumped together, such as Clothing, Maternity and Babies, Toys, Shoes and Bags, Electronics, etc. I would like to use small logo banners for each store as links.

- Do you offer banners or do I need to go and get a banner leading to the stores homepage directly from CJ, Google, Link Share, etc.?

Regarding sales: Can you provide me with a way to have current sales and discounts at the top of each store?

_ Ideally, I'd like to provide my traffic with a selection of products to look at on my site, the search bar that will search the store AND the current sales that the store is running. I want my traffic to see the sales first.

My tech guy is telling me that part of my post is too vague and that I need to explain my idea further.

I intend to have a main homepage for the mall that says Welcome to the Mall. On this page will be a link to each floor of the mall with a description of what stores are located on each floor. Clothing, shoes and bags, Maternity and Babies, etc. will be on one floor. When my traffic clicks on that floor they will wind up on a page with those stores which will be represented by small store logo banners. Traffic clicks on the banner and winds up on a Popshops page for that store.

I plan on having one shop for each store.

I hope that this makes sense.

Hi there,
    You would grab those banners directly from your networks. Merchants don't supply that type of creative to us.

As for sales, we do not currently have that system in place. We hope to have a deals database available before the holidays.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Thumbs up
    Deals Database!!!!!!!!!!!

Most people know what they are looking for before they get online, Online shopping mall era is over.

On the same note if you can create a niche, that people need then offer a shopping mall this may work.

For an example (this is a freebie) If you created a "Gift Registry" that includes all your merchants, then this would be an ideal situation as the customer is getting a service for free and your making commission.

You can try the coupon business, it worked four years ago, now u need some reason for people to shop with you, other than coupons.

I have one word that stills work "fundraising" kind of like smc

What is "smc" ??

ABW Ambassador
    Google it.
    *Scary*

I DID. I would not have asked the question had I not tried to find the answer myself first.

Here's what I find for SMC, in pretty much this order from Google ...

Santa Monica College
    Society of Midwest Contesters
    Systems Manufacturing Corporation
    Seattle Manufacturing Corporation
    State Machine Compiler
    Standard Microsystems Corp
    Stormwater Management Commission
    Secure Multiparty Computation
    Southwestern Michigan College
    Saint Mary's College
    Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
    Samick Music Corp
    System Management Controller
    Stress Management Center
    Southern Music Company
    Seattle Men's Chorus
    Social Media Club
    Seward Marine Center
    Summer Music Clinic

???

Should I go on? Some of us are here to learn. Sorry I asked.

Definition of a moderator here:

"... users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating."

When I Googled SMC, the top paid post was about joining SMC -- which I know from personal experience many, many, MANY years ago, used to be called "Specialty Merchandise Corporation."

They charge you a joining fee, then an annual membership fee, to get access to tons of really cheapy flea market type figurines, and other discounted/dropship/no-dropship products you can then sell at a decent profit margin.

We had a couple of cases of various trinkets setting around the house for a number of years. We gave 'em to friends for little party gifts, special presents, etc.

Most of their products and much of their marketing has long gone out of style because of Internet sites like eBay, actually.

Though they claim there are folks still making decent money with them.

My personal experience leads me to say this: If it were me, I would not join or work with SMC again. (Come to think of it, for a $30 or $40 membership renewal fee, I probably could still reactivate my membership with them?? Hmmm. ...)
    Generate more fake news.

Google it this way and you find it also in the RipOffReports -

smc +scam

I keep forgetting to do that before I fall for one of the Guru things in my mailbox!

For what it's worth -- SMC (Specialty Merchandise Products) has been around probably 50 years or so, and is a legitimate, longstanding corporation. A few years ago they switched to late-night "infomercials" starring Tom Bosley (the dad on "Happy Days") as their pitchman.

I suspect the biggest problem getting into SMC is they just don't offer much value for the membership and their merchandise is more like "trinkets" from cheap flea markets than quality collectibles.

But, just my opinion and, as I said above, it's been several years since I did anything as a member. Never had much luck even then. But if you want to set up a table at flea markets, do yard sales, other really hands-on "sweat work" like that, you might make some money with them still.
    Generate more fake news.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread