ABW Ambassador
    Montgomery Ward and Your Kids Direct
    Received a LS email and just checked my Merchant Status and both are showing as Discontinued Merchants.

Tax Paying Member
    This is what I received today.

Merchant Programs on Hold
    Merchant Name .............. Date Ended
    {*}HomeVisions.com ............... 30-JUL-08
    {*}Montgomery Ward ........... 30-JUL-08
    {*}YourKidsDirect.com ............30-JUL-08
    {*}CharlesKeath.com .............30-JUL-08
    {*}Montgomery Ward Kids .............. 30-JUL-08
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I just got that notice as well. Homevisions too.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Angry
    Same with us. We added Montgomery Ward to two of our sites on 07/10/2008. Great!!??
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I wonder where they'll go next? I dumped them after they moved to LS and stopped converting. (Not that they converted great with CJ as they're riddled with parasites.)

When a merchant behaves as goofily as these companies have it's best to just cut your losses and walk away.

Yes, I got the same email this morning, and I am hoping this is just a temporary setback.

But the funny thing is that I got an email from Linkshare (not HomeVisions) on 7/24/08 saying this:

... I am contacting you on behalf of HomeVisions as I noticed your sales have dropped dramatically with them for June vs. July. Any feedback you have relating to this drop would be great. Please promote them as much as possible ...

When Homevisions was with CJ we made good $$ (about $1,500/mo!) Sales have tanked since moving to LS. I have about 20 themed pages dedicated to HV products. Imagine my panic and dismay when I checked links last night and found "...cannot display the webpage".
    Arizona Deb
    [URL=http://www.azwoodman.com/]azWoodman.com[/URL]

Yourkidsdirect had the same product inventory as Sears Room for Kids (which shut down entirely). I don't think either were doing that well.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I got some sort of thick legal document regarding them yesterday as well.... another one bites the dust I guess.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Wow.

First, I have not received any of these emails.

I used to do really well with Homevisions, but as others have said, sales dropped significantly when they moved to LS, plus they cut their commission rate then also.

In the last 1-1/2 years, I've changed out most of my HV products for same or similar products from CSN, and most are better priced plus free shipping (not to forget how well run a program it is and at SAS), so I'll be doing the same for the rest of my HV products (as soon as I can get to it).

edit - ok, I found an email - it only said "Check merchant status"; didn't name merchant in title.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Swapping out HV with CSN is what I have been thinking. FREE shipping is always a great incentive for shoppers! And they have everything ... and more.

OMG! I have a LOT of work to do .... I just wish HV would answer my emails! Hate to make drastic moves only to find them coming back in a few days.
    Arizona Deb

Same here used to do real well with Homevisions while at CJ before the parasites, then started tanking when they opted for the parasites and totally tanked in the past few months. Maybe they will clean out the parasites and come back strong! Yeah right.

Tami

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Wow.

...In the last 1-1/2 years, I've changed out most of my HV products for same or similar products from CSN, and most are better priced plus free shipping ....
    Good news! I swapped out several pages this weekend to CSN targeted products and made a sale already! It's funny how what may seem to be a disasterous situation turns out to be a blessing in disguise!

BTW, I got an answer from the HV affiliate manager who said (in part):
    We are currently going through a major restructuring situation and have every hope to have our affiliate programs up and running again in the next couple weeks. Linkshare has put our accounts on hold until further notice.

Bye-Bye Homevisions!
    Arizona Deb

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Deb
    BTW, I got an answer from the HV affiliate manager who said (in part):
    We are currently going through a major restructuring situation and have every hope to have our affiliate programs up and running again in the next couple weeks. Linkshare has put our accounts on hold until further notice.

Bye-Bye Homevisions!
    So, they are planning on coming back, but yet LS lists them under "Discontinued Merchant Programs". Why not under "Inactive Merchant Programs" or better yet, start a new category:

"Merchants Screwing Affiliates by not paying commissions, forcing affiliates to pull links, find replacement merchants/products, re-do pages, and then COME BACK AND PUT THIS MERCHANT'S LINKS BACK UP when they feel like reactivating their program Merchant Programs".
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Yeah! Funny but clever suggestion. My letter to them was less than cordial.

The aff mgr said initially they were experiencing a problem with their server that housed all of their banner images which stopped working last week. (I rarely, if ever, use banner images) When they discovered this they notified Linkshare. Thought they'd have it rectified within a day or so ... then discovered other internal problems. Yeah, right!

They apologized for the inconvenience and lack of notice and would appreciate our patience etc. etc.

Well, I for one, am not as patient as they would hope. Out with the old ... in with the new. And it has already paid off!
    Arizona Deb

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread