Firefox issue
    I have a small javascript store I put on a website on a right sidebar. It look fine on IE but when I check it on Firefox its way off my template and further to the right then It is on IE. Can anyone help me with this?

ABW Ambassador
    Try putting a non-breaking space - like this:   - beside the script. Some browsers seem to need it.
    Last edited by CanadianDave; July 31st, 2008 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks for your help. I did try what you suggested but did not have any luck. Im not sure where Im supposed to put it however I tried moving it around. Here is the script.

<!-- PopShops store code starts here -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://shops.popshops.com/shops/4cd9f8qcljzvq68k8a6ddkr98"></script>
    <!-- PopShops store code ends here -->

Its odd, the search box to the store appears to be in the correct spot, its the product listings that are off. If I choose to have 3 columns eventually the column moves to the left into the right spot but then I have those 2 other columns leading off the page to the right. I only want one column but could it be something to do with the way popshops displays one column stores the firefox is not reading properly. I dont know much about coding. Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Try this:

<!-- PopShops store code starts here -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://shops.popshops.com/shops/4cd9f8qcljzvq68k8a6ddkr98">&nbsp;</script>
    <!-- PopShops store code ends here -->

It should work...

hmm, I did try the code you helped me with but it did not work. Is it normal when I save the code that the (nbsp part dissapears and is not visible in the code anymore. I did it a few times and it always dissapears when I save it. If you are surfing on firefox maybe you could check out my site to see what i mean. Its the shop on the right side of a site called (gearupandplay).
    Its a dot com. Hope thats not breaking any forum rules.

Ok, I found out if I disable the search function of the shop it falls back into the correct position on my page. So, its something to do with how a one column store with search is displayed on IE and how its diplayed on FireFox. Problem is I need search enabled. Any more Ideas?

Ok, after hours of work I fixed the problem. I used firefox to analyze the code and found out what was pushing my store out of place. For some reason I found my product store surrounded by a invisible table that placed the one column in the middle of the table. It looked like this

ooooooooooo
    o x o
    o x o
    o x o
    ooooooooooo

For som reason disabling search made the xxx(products in my store) go to the left where I wanted them. So, with firebug I managed to copy the search box code and put the search box in manually and disable the popshops search box. Works great now. Just thought I would share incase anyone else had problems.

Bye the way Im really new to code and really only know how to copy and paste and then move things about so this was a huge accomplishment for me. I feed great today especially after I toyed with it for 4 hours last night, slept on it and then woke up and fixed it in about 40 minutes. My day looks good.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread