Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Amazed to see people making loads of money: Learning phase
    Hi

    Hope you all are well.

    Thanks for your time to read my post.

    I want to start something of my own in Affiliate Marketing. I want to be an Affiliate.

    What I need to know:
    1- As I live in India, please advise is it's good to start something in the India market as the online market here is at a very infant stage? people over here are not much aware about affiliate marketing.

    2- I was searching for some good affiliate networks in India who also have some UK or European presence to know more about them and join them. Please advise- am I right?

    3- Please advise, how should i proceed further?

    4- I was also thinking to contact some of the UK based Affiliate Marketing Networks, however, I have some strong doubts whether to approach them or not, as I am not very sure how will I be able to manage it. Please advise.

    I look forward to hear from you guys soon.

    Many thanks
    -D-
    Last edited by devilseye7130; July 31st, 2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Title wasn't appropriate enough!!

  2. #2
    Full Member
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2008
    Posts
    378
    Since the internet is worldwide, you can promote programs in other countries besides india because your website will be accessible every where.

    The big networks are Commission Junction, LinkShare, ShareASale, GoogleAffiliateNetwork , they have mostly US, Canda and UK merchants.

    There are affiliate networks in India also
    see here: http://www.amwso.com/indianetworks.php

    The most important point is none of the affiliate networks tolerate any kind of spam - like forum spam, blog spam , email spam.

  3. #3
    Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2007
    Location
    Cuautitlán, Edo. de México
    Posts
    1,725
    You'll need to find affiliate programs for the area your website is for OR design your website for those regions the affiliate programs sell to.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by 25trees
    Since the internet is worldwide, you can promote programs in other countries besides india because your website will be accessible every where.

    The big networks are Commission Junction, LinkShare, ShareASale, GoogleAffiliateNetwork , they have mostly US, Canda and UK merchants.

    There are affiliate networks in India also
    see here: http://www.amwso.com/indianetworks.php

    The most important point is none of the affiliate networks tolerate any kind of spam - like forum spam, blog spam , email spam.
    Thanks for your post. I appreciate it.

    To be honest, I don't even have a website. I am as of now just researching the marketing thoroughly. Once I am aware of all the basic facts then only I'll prepare the SOW for my website.

    Thanks for suggesting me the relevant links, however, the one you mentioned for India I have already tried it- it displays links of company's like DGM and other, however, the worst part was dgm din't even bother to respond back and it's been more that 4 days.

    This is what my main worry was/is- being in India when a India based Network can't respond to my email (when they are in my reach), I doubt to get any response from the other International Networks.

    What say?

    -D-

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by 25trees
    The most important point is none of the affiliate networks tolerate any kind of spam - like forum spam, blog spam , email spam.
    Hey is it's like they are considering my email to be a spam mail? This is :-(

    -D-

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,350
    Why don't you check out affiliate marketing sites that target India and see what merchants and networks they use?

    Sorry, I can't be much more help than that. But it seems if AM is alive and well in India, then someone has gone before. I'm not suggesting that you copy their sites. Just see who the popular merchants are.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    You'll need to find affiliate programs for the area your website is for OR design your website for those regions the affiliate programs sell to.
    I am sorry Lost, I din't much understand it. I would appreciate if you could please elaborate more on it.

    Many thanks
    -D-

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    Why don't you check out affiliate marketing sites that target India and see what merchants and networks they use?
    Hi Aunt Lily, thanks for your post.

    I agree that people here in India as well are doing a lot of Affiliate Marketing however, most of them are actually running their websites in the UK market as the market is very mature there.

    Companies here in India doesn't have a good communication channel, also, they don't easily share the commission structure.

    If you may advise me some important tips that I should keep in mind while talking to them, it would really help me.

    Looking forward to reply.

    Many thanks
    -D-

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2006
    Posts
    2,689
    I think you should decide your niche & create a site before expecting much of a response from the networks - regardless of where you're located, I can't see them responding to a request for advice/info. They all publish extensive documentation - you can collect that as part of your research.

    Commission structures might only be available to you after joining a network (and you need a site to do that).

    Also keep in mind the networks won't be there to provide marketing/industry feedback ... they tend to serve the merchant as a distribution channel.

    Personally I don't think your location will cause a problem - continue your research, but remember that you still need a basic website before really joining the affiliate world. I've learned much more by "doing" than reading...

    And good luck!

  10. #10
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,350
    D feel free to stick around and let us know how you're coming along. It would be interesting to hear your impressions of the Indian market as you find your way. Personally I think if you made the investment now, and stuck with it, you might find that you're ahead of the game and get some nice google placements etc.

  11. #11
    Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2007
    Location
    Cuautitlán, Edo. de México
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by devilseye7130
    I am sorry Lost, I din't much understand it. I would appreciate if you could please elaborate more on it.

    Many thanks
    -D-
    Sure. I'm in Mexico, but there aren't any decent affiliate programs for Mexico, most companies don't ship here either, so my affiliate sites are targeted for the United States.

    You need to design your site for the people who would buy those products and services that are being promoted.

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Teezone,

    I believe you are right, I have to be more practical rather than just sitting here and waiting for some one to spoon feed me.

    Regards
    -D-

  13. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Aunt Lily,

    I will definitely be here only, infact I was just preparing the draft for the SOW required on my website. I am sure I'll manage it and will be a great success.

    To be honest, your post was very motivating for me. I appreciate that.

    I just have small query now while preparing the SOW document, please advise, how does the tracking works- does this feature have to be in my own website or it'll be provided by the Affiliate Network (whom so ever I join)?

    Apologies for always seeking advise, however, since I am real novice this is the only way I can seek help.

    Regards,
    -D-

  14. #14
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by devilseye7130
    Thanks Aunt Lily,

    I will definitely be here only, infact I was just preparing the draft for the SOW required on my website. I am sure I'll manage it and will be a great success.

    To be honest, your post was very motivating for me. I appreciate that.

    I just have small query now while preparing the SOW document, please advise, how does the tracking works- does this feature have to be in my own website or it'll be provided by the Affiliate Network (whom so ever I join)?

    Apologies for always seeking advise, however, since I am real novice this is the only way I can seek help.

    Regards,
    -D-

    devilseye


    Any time you have a question, ASK IT. No matter what any one says or thinks. Thats how you learn AM.

    Also, 25 Trees was just saying to be sure you don't get into spamming your customers, they kinda frown upon that.

    Lost is right. You have no need to be selling in just india. You can work in any country in the world {Except North Korea at the moment} without the barriers o0f work permits and visas and all that. Never limit your self to a single country or region to make your money.

    Europe North america are huge huge markets. Start there.

    Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

  15. #15
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    I think you should decide your niche & create a site before expecting much of a response from the networks ...
    I immediately thought of any affiliate's situation in terms of being accepted into a program or not.

    I've been denied by some merchants in the past but with persistence I was accepted into some of them once my site had better content and/or navigation etc... Just because a wanna be affiliate is from the United States does not guarantee being accepted into a program.

    If you are rejected read So You've Been Denied
    There are some other good threads on the topic as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    Also keep in mind the networks won't be there to provide marketing/industry feedback ... they tend to serve the merchant as a distribution channel.
    You'll have to track the way visitors interact with your site/"behave" (i.e. what interests them, how long do they stay on a page etc...) yourself.
    Many webmasters like Google Analytics, there are other programs as well.
    I like eXTReMe Tracking. You can read a debate here:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...treme+tracking

    There are other threads on tracking that might interest you as well.

    Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was The Taj Mahal.

    Take your procedures step by step.

    Good luck

    Keep in mind you might not rake in a fortune right away, but keep chugging along and any commission is fun
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  16. #16
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by devilseye7130
    I live in India
    This forum has members from India.

    Nabz is from India and there are some others (I forget how to spell their "handles"/nicknames).
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  17. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2008
    Posts
    19
    Feel free to stick around and let us know how you're coming along. It would be interesting to hear your impressions of the Indian market as you find your way. Personally I think if you made the investment now, and stuck with it, you might find that you're ahead of the game and get some nice google placements etc.

  18. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2008
    Posts
    26
    Thanks for suggesting me the relevant links, however, the one you mentioned for India I have already tried it- it displays links of company's like DGM and other, however, the worst part was dgm din't even bother to respond back and it's been more that 4 days

  19. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by connel
    Thanks for suggesting me the relevant links, however, the one you mentioned for India I have already tried it- it displays links of company's like DGM and other, however, the worst part was dgm din't even bother to respond back and it's been more that 4 days
    Hi Connel,

    Any specific reasons for quoting the same lines. what I wrote is what i mean.

    thanks
    -D-

  20. #20
    ABW Ambassador 2busy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Tropical Mountaintop
    Posts
    5,636
    He's been doing that in other threads too, I wouldn't take it personally.

  21. #21
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    Actually connel and mckelvin89. Pick one screen name you want to post under.

  22. #22
    Newbie javonhorvath's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2008
    Location
    Eternal Nomad
    Posts
    38
    ya...m observing it in other posts too...

    D....what i would advice even though i too am a newbie just like you...is that you decide your target market...then research the buying pattern there (i mean study what it bought using the net in that target market) build your site around it...i guess sitting in India you can definitely target US or UK...here online buying is not in its infancy as it is in India...target these markets...study what they want...build your site around it...sign up with merchants...and then keep your fingers crossed....

    this is what I am learning from ABW...
    Last edited by javonhorvath; August 1st, 2008 at 03:25 AM. Reason: forgot the smilie ;)

  23. #23
    Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by devilseye7130
    Hi

    Hope you all are well.

    Thanks for your time to read my post.

    I want to start something of my own in Affiliate Marketing. I want to be an Affiliate.

    What I need to know:
    1- As I live in India, please advise is it's good to start something in the India market as the online market here is at a very infant stage? people over here are not much aware about affiliate marketing.

    2- I was searching for some good affiliate networks in India who also have some UK or European presence to know more about them and join them. Please advise- am I right?

    3- Please advise, how should i proceed further?

    4- I was also thinking to contact some of the UK based Affiliate Marketing Networks, however, I have some strong doubts whether to approach them or not, as I am not very sure how will I be able to manage it. Please advise.

    I look forward to hear from you guys soon.

    Many thanks
    -D-
    If you are looking at affiliate networks in India try Affiliate Curry or ClixGalore as they are the two main ones in India right now.

    UK networks worth taking a look at include Affiliate Window, Webgains (who are all over Europe), Buy.at (UK and USA) and Paid On Results. If not bothered about data feeds and with a shorter cookie set at 30 days then Affiliate Future (UK and USA). ClixGalore are all over the world.

    Take a look at the terms and conditions for each network. Some of the networks are listed on this forum, most of the UK ones can be found at the Affiliates4U forum
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

  24. #24
    Newbie
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by javonhorvath
    ya...m observing it in other posts too...

    D....what i would advice even though i too am a newbie just like you...is that you decide your target market...then research the buying pattern there (i mean study what it bought using the net in that target market) build your site around it...i guess sitting in India you can definitely target US or UK...here online buying is not in its infancy as it is in India...target these markets...study what they want...build your site around it...sign up with merchants...and then keep your fingers crossed....

    this is what I am learning from ABW...

    Thanks for your post javonhorvath. I am more inclined towards starting some website in the UK market. Please advise, how can I find more merchants and how should i get to know about the trend in the UK market?

    Suggest me some good links/url which you can be of some help to me.

    And, yes, how is the affiliate marketing turning out for you. Any success

    Many Thanks
    -D-

  25. #25
    Newbie javonhorvath's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2008
    Location
    Eternal Nomad
    Posts
    38
    well as of now i am not looking at success...and i dont even expect it soon...I am just looking at learning things i didnt know before....

    i spend my time going through the new and old posts here....the links contained herein...i follow those links...try to learn..see the sites of people having a lot of posts and try to get some idea from it for my site....

    I would suggest you the same too...though I have no idea how much knowledge you have of this stuff ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. People Who Never Made a Penny Online Are Now Making Money - Instant Commission Payout
    By Chris D in forum Paid Announcements and Advertising
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 11th, 2014, 03:28 PM
  2. Replies: 112
    Last Post: November 24th, 2006, 01:32 PM
  3. Anyone making crap loads of Money with Yahoo?
    By HardwareGeek in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: April 30th, 2006, 07:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •