Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Manny Ramirez traded to Dodgers
    A small piece of me died today, when it was announced that the Red Sox agreed to trade Manny to the Dodgers. The Dodgers sent a few prospects to the Pittsburg Pirates and the Pirates sent All-Star OF Jason Bay to the Red Sox.

This marks the end of watching one of the best right handed hitters of my lifetime. It is a sad day in Boston.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

WAhhh! I love Manny and want to see him when I am in Boston! Double WAhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    WAhhh! I love Manny and want to see him when I am in Boston! Double WAhhh!
    Im crying with you. What a bummer.
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

I have no reason to hit the Sox game now. I was hoping to go wearing my Manny shirt and yelling Manny I love you!
    He is so hot!
    Plus he will be in the National League now, no more playing our Twinkies except at the end of the season if we make it that far.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Crying? You just got Jason Bay...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

don't worry..boston is rebuilding...they'll be back..the last time they rebuilt, it took them what, 86 years to get their next title?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

I am so sick and tired of the Buccos trading away these guys.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, I've been waiting for years for Manny to get traded...he's one of the best hitters in the game and one of the worst players. His punishment should be that baseball was home run derby and he was the only one on his own team. Then he would see what it's like to play alongside a total schmuck.

Good bye and good riddance!!

Ken

PS: Yes, I'm from Boston.
    Last edited by wyvern; July 31st, 2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Add PS

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    It isn't about who we got, it is about who we just booted out of town. I like Jason Bay, and think he will be a nice fit. I am just going to miss watching the prettiest right handed swing in baseball, every single night.
    Brent Elias

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Also, love the National League pride here, Littleton!

Go Cubbies!
    Brent Elias

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

I am so sick and tired of the Buccos trading away these guys.
    They got a couple of really nice prospects. It is just going to be a few more years until they are relevant again.
    Brent Elias

ABW Ambassador
    Don't think it's a big deal. He wasn't playing Hall Of Fame caliber baseball lately. Numbers down, pushing around old men, distraction to the team, prima donna. Can't live in the past.

Yeah, there goes another producer for some unproven talent. They have a record of doing this. Is this going to be another last place season? Blah. You have to be an eternal optimist to be a Pirates fan over the past 15 years. Next year...next year.

-sfcom

Manny may be a great natural player, but his attitude sucks. I am surprised Joe Torre, as manager, would take him...unless Joe had no choice. Good riddance to Manny Showboat. My condolences to Joe and the Dodgers.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Don't think it's a big deal. He wasn't playing Hall Of Fame caliber baseball lately. Numbers down, pushing around old men, distraction to the team, prima donna. Can't live in the past.
    This is Boston, Trust. We need something to complain about with our sports teams.
    Brent Elias

It is a big deal as I will be in Boston next week, I have tickets to a game and want to see Manny.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    Yeah, there goes another producer for some unproven talent. They have a record of doing this. Is this going to be another last place season? Blah. You have to be an eternal optimist to be a Pirates fan over the past 15 years. Next year...next year.

-sfcom
    I just went to 2 Pirates games (Sat night and Sun afternoon) and had a ball. I loved your park and your fans. What a nice group of folks. It was a whole different feeling than I've experienced in Boston, Philadelphia, or NYC. (Even when Boston hadn't won in years, Fenway wasn't that pleasant to be in).

Glad you had fun watching our Buccos, Aunt Lily. Although I'm not a Pittsburgh native, I echo your sentiment that it's a fun town, and worth the trip every time you go.

As for Manny: I'm trying to find the video of him botching that sinking liner the other night. I laughed my ass off.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    I just went to 2 Pirates games (Sat night and Sun afternoon) and had a ball. I loved your park and your fans. What a nice group of folks. It was a whole different feeling than I've experienced in Boston, Philadelphia, or NYC. (Even when Boston hadn't won in years, Fenway wasn't that pleasant to be in).
    What??? And, you didn't PM me to let me know you were here? I have heard a lot of people say they think this is the best baseball park in the country. There really isn't a terrible seat in the whole house. I'm glad to hear you had a great time and hope you'll stop back at some point in the future.

I'm still not all that thrilled with that trade though. I guess we'll just have to wait a while to see if it paid off or not for everyone involved.

-sfcom

Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    As a Yankees fan, this makes me so happy Manny's been killing us for years and Boston had to throw in Moss and Hansen to get the trade done. How the hell is Jason Bay worth that much?
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Well,

As for the Dodgers, if he straightens out and hits like he should, with Casey Blake now at third, and some health on the pitching staff, they could make a real run. They need Saito and Penny healthy, and this could turn out to be a Dodger year afterall. (anyone interested in Andruw Jones???)

The Pirates got a slew of young talent. Moss and Hansen from the Sox are major-league ready young guys. The last couple of years, I felt all LaRoche needed to be a star was to be healthy and get some PT, which he should get with Pit. Morris was a top draft choice with major league stuff, but had Tommy John surgery which has delayed his development, but he could also be a big contributor for Pit in a couple of years. I think they came out real well in the deal.

As to Boston, it seemed like they were going to get more than just Bay. Last night, the deal with Florida and Pit had them getting John Grabow as well, which would have been a big addition to Boston's bullpen. Boston must have REALLY wanted to get rid of Manny to accept only Bay for Manny, plus having to pay Manny for the rest of the year.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I'll miss him. His slugging percentage and his uber cool demeanor under pressure are the two things I greatly admire about him.

Lowe and Nomar and Torre are out there already - any old retired turds that moved to southern CA are in heaven... [insert conspiracy theory here]

The ny daily news summed up why Manny was traded and it is the reason why baseball needs to get rid of agents.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...den/index.html
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    The ny daily news summed up why Manny was traded and it is the reason why baseball needs to get rid of agents.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...den/index.html
    That man makes me SICK. What a money grubbing, greedy, lousy human being. Karma is a B!tch, Mr. Boras. I can't wait until it catches up to him and bites him in the behind.

On another note, the Jason Bay era is officially underway in Boston tonight. I will be giving him a standing ovation during his first at-bat. Everything I have read about Bay makes him out to be the polar opposite of Manny. I know he will be a breath of fresh air in a city that needs one.
    Brent Elias

Brent I knew you would like that article. It makes you think doesn't it. It was never about Manny causing trouble or faking an injury after all.

MLB owners need to wise up
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast