Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Haiko
    I have to put in a complaint against your forums.

You really need a warning at the top of each and every page in the forums, something along the lines of
    "Gordon have you left anything cooking?" should be suffice.

I put 4 eggs in the pan to boil for some sandwiches for tomorrows trip to Newfoundland and came down here (in the basement) to while the time away and read some forum messages. The next thing I knew was a funny smell that I could not quite put my finger on was coming from somewhere.
    Then as it got stronger I thought hmmm this is a burning smell, I wonder if some idiot is using their barby and burning their barbequed food so I went upstairs opened the door and wow!! I thought somehow the smoke from outside has got in my house so I opened the front and back door to let it out when I realised it was coming from my pan of eggs.

Needless to say the eggs were really hard boiled.

So now I have to email my good lady wife at work and ask her how do I get rid of the burnt egg smell from the house?

So you see Haiko we really do need something like that for idiots like me.

BTW. If anyone can tell me how to get rid of the smell I would be very grateful.

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

ABW Ambassador
    Make a flashing banner and pay to have Haiko run it site wide.

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Gordon-

Had to call the fire department in a while back, because I thought I had an electrical fire.

Within a jiffy, I had firemen crawling under my house looking for the short, and firemen tromping through the house looking to save the day and put out the fire.

I am glad they got there so quickly, I was still trying to decide what I would save, and had not chucked anything out in the yard yet. Had my arms wrapped around the computer when I heard the sirens.

Alas, they were not able to locate any fires that needed to be put out.

However, they did manage to pull an incredibly charred bag of popcorn from my microwave.

They were very polite, and asked if I would like them to use their air vac to remove all the smoke from the house, but I waved them off, and said, "No, no, just please move the fire truck from in front of my house!"

A touch of groveling might have been involved as well.

I really sweated the night out, wanting to know what they were going to put in the paper, I had visions of "Rice Calls Firemen For Popcorn Run", or some such, but they merely said, "Smoke reported in house", dodged a bullet there, ROFL.

So, it happens to us all, is what I mean. ALL, right guys? Anyone? Ummm, okay, maybe just us two.

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

I'm pretty sure that the egg smell will never go away. Better put the house on the market.
    I'm sure there's an affiliate out there who would be happy to sell it for you.

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Charred microwavable popcorn bags smell like electrical wiring buring.

What do burnt hardboiled eggs smell like?

Yuck!

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

I thought Mrs. Gordon was doing all the cooking.

Mike McNabb

ABW Ambassador
    I'm sure someone here can come up w/ a nice BHO to alert you...don't mind the other software along for the ride...

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

I agree with Gordon.

I have burnt to a Crisp Pizza, eggs and even viewed this dried up worm looking things. I think I was going to make spaghetti.

You know what would be better, every 5 minutes a clock swipes across the screen like those ads; the clocks should say "HEY DUMMY, got anything cooking?"

Heyder

Normaly she does but she will not prepare my food the night before when she is working the following day.

I've not got her properly trained yet, for some reason I seem to be having a problem in getting through to her that I need feeding both when she is at work and when she is at home. I have been trying to get this into her head for over 30 years now and I'm still having no luck.

This problem might be something to do the the inability of women to understand simple male logic, or then again it might be related to some ancient, long forgoten by men, womens diet synadrome.

Myself I think it is their inability to understand anything full stop.

If any of you guys have had any success in getting the food made before she goes to work please let me in on the secret.

To all my lady fans here at ABW oh my fans that bit tickled me. its all in fun ladies
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You know what would be better, every 5 minutes a clock swipes across the screen like those ads; the clocks should say "HEY DUMMY, got anything cooking?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I love it SandraR

<font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

ABW Ambassador
    Gordon maybe i can give some cooking lessons? I have some pizza in the oven right now, i'll share with you.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

Gordon wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So now I have to email my good lady wife at work and ask her how do I get rid of the burnt egg smell from the house? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Maybe she can find time to take care of this between washing the dinner dishes, dusting the furniture, and mowing the lawn...

Andy

When I was about 12 years old we lived in Montreal in a condominium. My mom had put on a pot of beans to boil, kideny etc for chili, and had hustled me out the door, took our rottweiler out for a walk and started to get ready to go with my dad to a doctors appointment. I shuffled off to school which was a 10 minute walk away. In first class, I proceeded to get in to an argument with another kid in the class ( I was the new kid and the english kid in a french school) and was told to sit in my desk. The teacher went to the office and came back a couple of minutes later. About 5 minutes after she came back, the principle came into our class and asked for me by name. The sound of the class all oooooing thinking I was in trouble was silenced when the principal told me to get my books and my coat. The class, including myself now were thinking I was being kicked out of school. Almost in tears, I start heading to the office when the principle tells me to go the other way and walks me out to his car. In full panic mode now, I'm asking what's going on and he says in broken english that we have to go to my home. Now I can only imagine at this point the degree of anger my mother will exhibit at actually being driven home from school by the princple ... a whole new level of whoopass is surely on its way.
    We drive for a few minutes and get to my condo where I see fire trucks all over the place and clouds of smoke coming from the main entrance of our building.
    The first thought in my head is ... not only am i getting kicked out of school and having the principle drive me home, but our house is burning down. My mother is going to absolutely destroy me.
    The principle walks me to the door where he talks to a couple of firemen. They look at me and ask if I live in #409 and when I tell them yes they look at me with great relief. They ask me if I could go and get our pet dog ... remember the rottweiler? ... and calm him down so the fireman could get in to look at our apartment to see where the smoke was.
    I walk into the building with them and see down the hall, three fireman, the lead one carrying an axe, run into our apartment. about 10 seconds later they all come running out at full speed. This happened twice by the time we got down the hall.
    Turns out, my mom had left the beans on the stove. They had not caught fire but had sent so much smoke it filled our aprtment and the next door one as well. Our neighbor had called the fire department and them told them that I was in school across the street after she saw our dog chasing the firemen out for about 15 minutes. It turns out he kept running downstairs to get air and that was when they would run in to take a look around. Then he would run back upstairs and chase them all out again. Anyways, the principle left me in the care of the fire department and the neighbor and went back to school. The firemen cleaned the mess and tried to fix the door they had chopped through to get into the apartment. They had to leave and were going to leave me with my neighbor but she had to leave. They asked if I was ok by myself and i told them I had dudley (my rottweiller) ... they looked at each other, said he'll be fine, proped the two main parts of our front door up against the frame and left.
    about an hour later my parents came home and pushed apart the pieces of the door to see me sitting on the living room floor watching tv. My mom started FREAKING on me, thinking i had skipped school, come home, and set a fire causing all this damage somehow. I think that was the one and only time i kept nodding my head and smiling while she yelled at me and it was worth it when i finally had the chance to explain what had happened. Minus the fighting part of course. After my dad replaced the door, we opened all the windows and went to baskin robbins where Dudley and i had the biggest ice creams ever.
    I dont know what that had to do with board warnings but i felt like sharing

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Gordon I checked the net resources and those 3rd degree burnt eggs aren't poisonous. If you decide to eat one be sure to put lotsa ketchup on the bread. Careful busting off the shell. Best tip for shell removal was to drop them on the kitchen floor and go take a nap till they stop bouncing.

These helpful tips came from Tiger Woods book "How to survive a mail order bride's Cooking". Seems he ordered a Russian, but ended up with a Blond gal from denmark. He wrote the book after his 3rd bout this year with food poisoning from his hospital bed.

PS; If you ruined the pot your butt is in the Moose Shed tonite.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Just Lurking
    Gordon look on the bright side, atleast the eggs didn't explode. Yes, they can do that. A half dozen eggs going off at once will make a real mess and scare the out of you.

I'm surprised I didn't set off the building's smoke alarms when I was still in my first apartment. I put a pot of rice on the stove to cook, but forgot to turn it down after it started boiling. I've let my wife handle cooking the rice since then.

Another time, we were sitting in the apartment relaxing, and we heard sirens outside. We looked out the window, and saw a couple of fire trucks racing past, another fire truck or two coming in from another direction, as well as the paramedics and ambulance, and they stopped in front of the apartment building down the street. We later found out that someone in that building had burned his food, and set off the smoke alarms.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> scare the (yoke?) out of you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike McNabb

Affiliate Manager
    Pop- that's the funniest story I've heard all week!

Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    A parasite free contract since June 2001
    http://ian.com

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

[This message was edited by Haiko on September 30, 2003 at 06:44 PM.]

That should do it haiko

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

I used to work in the Pontalba building in New Orleans. These are the oldest apartment buildings in North America (or I'm pretty sure of that).

One of the restauratns on the bottom floor had a faulty oven and they'd set off the fire alarm about once a week. We used to get the calvery out on a regular basis.

Those firemen sure are cute!

{{{sigh}}}

SJohnson@NO_Spam_ClickMagazine.Net
    www.ClickMagazine.Net

Popdawg, great story!!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

great stories pop and elbow, glad I'm not the only idiot loose on these boards

Thanks for checking Mike but they were a bitr too well done even for me

That banner is perfect Haiko, it seems there are quite a few people here who need some warning like that

Take care
    YouTrek.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I figure if something can take cigarette smoke out of a closed room, it ought to be able to handle burnt eggs! So use what the hotels do...

Suddenly remembers this:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This problem might be something to do the the inability of women to understand simple male logic, or then again it might be related to some ancient, long forgoten by men, womens diet synadrome.

Myself I think it is their inability to understand anything full stop. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, never mind.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Gordon get your lady to past the banner on your CRT and also the mirrors in the house.

I assume you check every 5 minutes to see how beautiful you look in that ABW t=shirt and fuzzy bunny slippers.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Leader, wow you can be a little nasty when you want to Please tell me it still smells a bit

Course I check in the mirrors Mike but with a face like mine who wants to look at a banner?

Take care
    YouTrek.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast