Of course "Locked" doesn't mean squat at CJ, but it was really annoying to log in and find $200+ dollars in commissions gone due to reversals by Zappos. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Zappos--you really need to get your act together on reversals. How about starting with doing reversals periodically during the month instead of on the 10th. Follow that with giving credit for partial orders. Returns may be part of the shoe business, but they seem to be a bigger part of your business that other merchants'.

Sorry to hear your reverseals.

Selling shoes is risky, apparel and shoes actually.

yeah, I know it's risky. We've been with Zappos for a long time (why? only because they offer brands that others don't), and they've always been a pain. They need to get their act together on reversals.

I struggle to keep faith with Zappos, and making such late reversals really doesn't help. My problem is finding another shoe merchant who pays such high commission - I've tried others but, using ppc, just make a loss rather than a tiny profit. All suggestions welcome.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I promote Zappos quite heavily too. Just got used to the reversals. Other shoe merchants ? Well, shoes.com has Naturalizer and Adidas which most of the others don't and www.shoespot.com (an independent) is pretty competitive on price and worth throwing into the mix.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

quote:
    Originally posted by Tzu:
    Of course "Locked" doesn't mean squat at CJ, but it was really annoying to log in and find $200+ dollars in commissions gone due to reversals by Zappos. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Zappos--you really need to get your act together on reversals. How about starting with doing reversals periodically during the month instead of on the 10th. Follow that with giving credit for partial orders. Returns may be part of the shoe business, but they seem to be a bigger part of your business that other merchants'.

Same Happened to Me.

Logged in to find $300+ Reversed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I for one would rather have 10% commissions with NO REVERSALS like shoes.com. This is a pressing issue and something that Zappos really needs to address...The real problem is that there is no predictability from month to month and there is always a "shock" when the 10th rolls around.

This makes it hard to budget for and hard to know if you have made anything from month to month. In addition one large problem is that when they credit back partial orders on the 10th we don't get paid for the credit until the following month...Even though the revenue was earned the prior. So revenue does not match earned periods for returned items, which is a real negative too.

ABW Ambassador
    Shoes.com and famousfootwear never converted for me. Zappos does a lot of reversals, but the bottom line works out much better than any other shoes specialty retailer.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Just got used to the reversals. Other shoe merchants ?

Yep, and just as Jimbo says: the other merchants simply do not convert.

If there are no sales, well then...there are no reversals to deal with. No checks either.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Well for me last month I had 12 sales and out of 12 4 got reversed which is acceptable for me at least for now..

He who steals a minaret prepares a proper
    cover beforehand, said of someone who intends to do something illegal.

when the shoe majors arrive on the scene, all today's players shall become irrelevant past history - in no time at all . . .

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread