My First Sale!
    I joined a new merchant in June, and I had my first sale on July!

The day after the sale, I had an small reversal, but since it was a big sale, I was still happy with the big commission that I would still get.

Making a big sale or a big commission once in a while is not a big deal or anything out of the ordinary after you have worked with a merchant for awhile, but when it's the first sale... it sure feels good.

But, like the old saying says: Never count the 's before the hatch! - My, just runaway before time!

I just got the stats email, on were it shows that the entire sale was returned yesterday!

Oh well... c'est la vie.

bummer! Easier to take in small bites.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I hate when affiliates get punished for returns.

Even if someone returns something; you got your name out there, they'll probably come back and shop with you, and you didn't even have to pay for that new customer.

But most merchants don't see it that way. I surely appreciate the ones who do.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Yep, you're absolutely right... we always try to push every merchant to only reverse on fraud. Here's why..

Affiliates don't get the credit they deserve for customer acquisition. Paying a commission on a return is a small price for a new customer..

(ok, now i'm really out )

Mr. Sal, at least you prompted action from your site visitor and that's a good thing
    Try to look at clues like pieces of a puzzle and build on your success.

Once upon a time I sold Time Sharing face-to-face and I was able to get the couples to sign a deal but state law stipulated that there was a 3 day recissionary period (giving a probability at the time that the deal would kick).

Some of my deals remained but many of them kicked.
    So I can relate to how you feel about the entire transaction reversing.

I was given the title of the "Pender Queen"
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Mr. Sal, my #2 affiliate contacted be after seeing a large sale and asked me to clarify it with the merchant. This particular merchant has had issues with a high priced product that goes in and out of stock. I was able to document that the sale was partial and adjusted our system pricing and commission. You need to communicate directly with the merchant/AM to get straight answers.

Gary, I sent you a PM last Saturday, and I don't know if it got lost, or if is still available for you to read it.

Since PM's can't be bumped, I thought I should ask you before I send it again.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thanks for the reminder on that PM. Just responded to you. Sorry about that..

Thanks!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread